NASCAR accused of racial discrimination in $500M lawsuit

Some groups have tried crap like this before. Some black activist group had an article in the Danville, VA newspaper(probably close to 15 years ago) talking about how they were going to expose racist Nascar fans at the upcoming Martinsville race. I remember seeing them outside the track. Well, guess what.....nobody paid them any mind and they didn't get one shred of evidence regarding racism.

Same here. Another chief annoyance, after the race, the fans that feel the need to empty their cooler of ice while still in the stands --- not bothering to think
of the people UNDER the stands leaving the track.
Happens at Loudon all the time. Funniest part is when , over the P.A. system, the song "Dirty Water" starts playing..

doesnt NASCAR haver a diversity program?:confused:

frivolous lawsuit

I checked the Diversity Motorsports web site and they sell sponsorship packages.
http://www.dmsontrack.net/home.html
"DMS is an asset holding company which creates brands and sponsorship opportunities for companies and global organizations which would not normally invest in the motorsports industry."

Sidebar - the copyright date on the web page is 2013. Not very impressive to this IT administrator.

Back to the main topic. So they don't actually field cars? My interest level in this dropped from 'Minimal' to 'What else is on?'

Not when the sport is almost exclusively white.

I, for one, would love to see more diversity in the field in general.

As long as everybody has the same opportunity to get behind the wheel and prove their skills regardless of race, shouldn't you be happy? Find me somebody in the organization holding Somebody back because of the color of their skin and we can join together in protest. Until then, the " I wish the field was more diverse" Helps nobody and means nothing.

Do you watch pro basketball and wish their were more white men on the court? I don't have these thoughts, so I'm curious.

When you say many Nascar fans are racists can you make an estimate of what that looks like as percentage? With Nascar being predominantly white and an older I am not disputing what you are saying at all or in anyway being argumentative.

I'd say 60% are racist and 80% hate Muslims.

I don't really know or care what other fans think about minorities. I tailgate with family and get to the track just in time to hear the engines fired and after that I can't hear a damn thing.

Reactions: sdj
I am a white minority, my ancestors came to Canada only 200 years ago. I can't believe they were from Wales and landed in America 1 of the 9 branches came to Canada and the rest stayed American. They come here to visit and get cheap medicine. LOLOLOLOL

Back
Top Bottom