NASCAR America on NBCSN

I don't think that they know the answer. Remember, these are MRN employees, not NASCAR. I don't understand why someone from NASCAR doesn't call in and clarify it though.
I meant Nascar is refusing to address the issue and in my opinion there is no way that someone with Nascar didn't know about it when the rest of the free world did. In my opinion the ball was dropped by someone in the nascar control tower.

I meant Nascar is refusing to address the issue and in my opinion there is no way that someone with Nascar didn't know about it when the rest of the free world did. In my opinion the ball was dropped by someone in the nascar control tower.
Was it broadcast? I had only heard about it after the race. I could have been making a beer run to the fridge. My beer bucket only holds 10.

That it can't be explained or that so many people are calling about it?

That this happened. I find it literally unbelievable that NASCAR let this go on. Either this happened and NASCAR didn't know or Hamlin made up an excuse for not winning. If it's the former, that team needs to be sanctioned.

Was it broadcast? I had only heard about it after the race. I could have been making a beer run to the fridge. My beer bucket only holds 10.
It was broadcast several times during the race with about 300 miles or so to go. I'll check the DVR and see if I can find it. Also It was told to the spotters because Jeff's spotter told him.

That this happened. I find it literally unbelievable that NASCAR let this go on. Either this happened and NASCAR didn't know or Hamlin made up an excuse for not winning. If it's the former, that team needs to be sanctioned.
I wouldn't put this past him. The guy won everything he entered this past weekend. Maybe he was just looking for a good excuse?

what happened ta 100% rule too. ?
even tv guys talkin 3/4 throttle....guys in rear....stayin outa trouble's way.

It's not plausible to think he was out here without any communication from his spotter and NASCAR knew and let it happen.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ses-radio-and-race-dale-earnhardt-jr/5770961/

"I had to wing it the last 150 laps on my own," Hamlin said. "I had no spotter on the green-white-checkered. He gives vital information to make runs."

Hamlin said his radio did not work immediately when the race resumed after the rain delay.

"I didn't have the radio for about 50 laps or so," he said. "I thought it dried out, and I had it for about another 60 or 70 laps. Then starting around the cautions near the end of the race, it pretty much got to radio silence.

"I'm in the middle of the pack trying not to cause the big one but racing to hold on to my line and advance to try to give myself a chance at victory."

Hamlin said he was trying to catch glimpses at the scoreboard to help him plan the final laps.

"Not knowing anything that's going on makes you appreciate what's going on up there (on the spotter's stand)," he said.

They said the reason he wasnt black flagged was because he had "intermittent" communication on the backside. His radio shorted out because of the humidity and moisture from the rains. They also reported that a new radio was installed in the 11 for Phoenix. So, there's that.

They said the reason he wasnt black flagged was because he had "intermittent" communication on the backside. His radio shorted out because of the humidity and moisture from the rains. They also reported that a new radio was installed in the 11 for Phoenix. So, there's that.
Exactly who said that? Nascar? Denny's CC? Is there a link? I couldn't find anything on it.

I think the new show with Burton is excellent....Race Hub started out OK but turned out to be a silly fluff piece...I have no problem looking at the hot girl but the rest of them suck...especially Larry Mac and Hammond! Why don't they just include DW, Mikey and Digger

I think the new show with Burton is excellent....Race Hub started out OK but turned out to be a silly fluff piece...I have no problem looking at the hot girl but the rest of them suck...especially Larry Mac and Hammond! Why don't they just include DW, Mikey and Digger

One of my biggest problems with FOX Sports 1. Whoever works there sure loves blondes because it seems like every single sideline reporter they hire is a blonde girl.

It's not a problem until you've sactificed quality because your presenters are incompetent. FOX Sports 1 has a terrible product because their presenters are incompetent.

Besides, I prefer brunettes.
Now you are jumping on the dumb blonde bandwagon? Shame on you. :eek:

One of my biggest problems with FOX Sports 1. Whoever works there sure loves blondes because it seems like every single sideline reporter they hire is a blonde girl.
I didn't see Wendy Venturini during any of the prerace programs I caught. Is she still a race reporter this season?

I didn't see Wendy Venturini during any of the prerace programs I caught. Is she still a race reporter this season?

I didn't see much of her. But I sure as hell saw plenty of Charissa Thompson, Kaitlyn Vincie (who I actually like because she knows a thing or two about racing), Danielle Trotta and Kristen Beat.

Meanwhile, on NBCSN, there's Marty Snider who's been covering this sport longer than most of FOX Sports 1's blonde girls have been alive. Then there's Kelli Stavast who actually dresses professionally, she sounds like she knows what she's talking about and she looks like she's there to report the news.

NASCAR America getting it done once again today. Can't express how great of a job they are doing. Ah, even a little history with Eli Gold today :)

NASCAR America getting it done once again today. Can't express how great of a job they are doing. Ah, even a little history with Eli Gold today :)
I know , the more I watch , the more I am liking what they are doing, its so nice to have a NASCAR program without any fluff, and wow, what a treat to hear Eli Gold's voice again talking about NASCAR.

I know I said in a previous post about some of the people that have been hired, but after watching Jeff Burton this week on the show, I think I need to say that I am looking forward to having him in the booth next year, man, I am getting excited for NBC's return next year

His crew chief said it....but it was on NASCAR Hub...my bad, fellas.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/radio-...strated-runner-daytona-064200592--nascar.html

The problems were intermittent, Hamlin said. The radio was nearly useless for the first 50 laps of the post-rain run, but then came alive for the next 60-70 laps, leading Hamlin to believe that the radios had dried and fixed themselves. But with 15 laps to go, the problems returned.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ses-radio-and-race-dale-earnhardt-jr/5770961/

"I didn't have the radio for about 50 laps or so," he said. "I thought it dried out, and I had it for about another 60 or 70 laps. Then starting around the cautions near the end of the race, it pretty much got to radio silence.

Not to difficult to find for anyone who has ever heard of google :)

NASCAR America has so much more actual racing information and discussion than Race Hub it makes it look comical.

Wirh nascar america i can actually enjoy race hub more.. balance it out and competiton is good

Wirh nascar america i can actually enjoy race hub more.. balance it out and competiton is good

Agreed. Ken Schrader, Kyle Petty along with the Mayor were on NASCAR America yesterday. Nice balance and perspectives.

I watch all three programs and i still enjoy Race Hub and Nascar Now better, but i'm not giving up just yet because Nascar America may grow on me.

Jeff Burton is going to be a solid analyst.

Nobody has ever disagreed with the Mayor. Wonder two things: 1) Does somebody have the balls to do so?, and 2) How will he react? Jeff gets on a roll, and I believe becomes the biggest fan he could ever have.

If someone had been injured or heaven forbid deceased because of his lack of a spotter which is a distinct possibility, the excrement would be firmly planted in the windmill and many heads would roll and the media fallout would understandably be unmerciful. Several people took a helluva chance so he could run second.

His radio was intermittent. Grubb explained that last week. This is a non-issue.

His radio was intermittent. Grubb explained that last week. This is a non-issue.
That is of course your opinion and you are welcome to it but I stand by my opinion.

That is of course your opinion and you are welcome to it but I stand by my opinion.

Not an opinion. Grubb said it. When you think of it, all radio transmission is intermittent. They don't talk the whole time. Probably should park them for that.

Back
Top Bottom