NASCAR Announces Expanded Sprint Unlimited Field

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
@bobpockrass

NASCAR expands Sprint Unlimited field to include past D500 pole winners and all 2014 Chase drivers. 25 drivers now eligible

@jim_utter

NEWS: NASCAR announced all 16 Chase drivers will be eligible to compete in the 2015 Sprint Unlimited at Daytona International Speedway

@bobpockrass

Those who didn't win a pole in 2014 but now in Unlimited: KuBusch DaleJr Edwards Patrick Biffle MTruex Newman Allmendinger Kahne Almirola

NASCAR says all 16 Chase drivers can participate in Sprint Unlimited. Here's the field:
Kyle Busch (2014 pole winner)
· Austin Dillon (2014 pole winner)
· Jeff Gordon (2014 pole winner)
· David Gilliland (2014 pole winner)
· Denny Hamlin (2014 pole winner)
· Kevin Harvick (2014 pole winner)
· Jimmie Johnson (2014 pole winner)
· Matt Kenseth (2014 pole winner)
· Brad Keselowski (2014 pole winner)
· Kyle Larson (2014 pole winner)
· Joey Logano (2014 pole winner)
· Jamie McMurray (2014 pole winner)
· Brian Scott (2014 pole winner)
· Tony Stewart (2014 pole winner)
· Brian Vickers* (2014 pole winner)
· Kurt Busch (former Unlimited winner)
· Dale Earnhardt Jr. (former Unlimited winner)
· Carl Edwards (former D500 pole winner)
· Danica Patrick (former D500 pole winner)
· Greg Biffle (former D500 pole winner)
· Martin Truex Jr. (former D500 pole winner)
· Ryan Newman (2014 Chase driver)
· AJ Allmendinger (2014 Chase driver)
· Kasey Kahne (2014 Chase driver)
· Aric Almirola (2014 Chase driver)

more here

B47zKACIUAAsBOL.jpg:large

@bobpockrass

I wonder if a driver who brings a non-Sprint phone to the starting line and changes it to Sprint only has to do half the laps.
That will be another way a non qualified driver gets in the race.Probably will be announced in the next couple days.

Kind of figured they'd change the rules once Josh Wise got into the Sprint Unlimited over Danica Patrick.

This isn't about Danica . It's about Nascar continually trying to reinvent the product to please some unknown fans .There is no sense of history ,tradition or anything else . It's a sideshow . What hasn't Nascar changed ? Exhibition races are useless anyway , take the date and give it to another roadcourse.

I like the exhibition races, especially this one as a precursor to the season. I'd be fine if they lined up all of them. Just throw some cars out there on the track and let's get at it.

I guess its an okay idea.... but do they have to change literally every little thing? I just think the old formats of the all-star race and shootout were better. Went from winning a pole to having to finish in the top 16 in points...Nice.

@bobpockrass

NASCAR says the Sprint Unlimited will have 25 drivers. So if Vickers doesn't race, that would mean next driver in driver pts -> Bowyer.

more drivers in the field=the possibility of more eyeballs on TVs.

Fine by me. Might as well have the best drivers in the race. IMO the added all these other changes to cover up the Danica rule

In 2016 the chase lineup will be Danica and all cars in front of her.

Weren't there only like 8 cars running at the end of last year's race? Maybe they figure a bigger field will prevent that from happening again.

This is an exhibition race. Get the biggest names in there by doing whatever it takes.

Back
Top Bottom