NASCAR evaluating souvenir row

My
Dramatic overhaul coming to NASCAR souvenir sales

Matt-Kenseth-Shop.jpeg.main.png

Fanatics' compelling vision for at-track experience ready for growth

The new Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup playoff format that debuted last season was a dramatic shift that ramped up the pressure and drama of the 10-race postseason. This season, the debut of a new partnership intends to bring the same game-changing dynamic to a different aspect of the fan experience: souvenir shopping. NASCAR and NASCAR Team Properties jointly announced

Wednesday a 10-year agreement with Fanatics to conduct its fan merchandise operations at every NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race. The new partnership -- which has been met with support from teams and tracks across the industry -- includes sweeping plans to transform the sales of memorabilia from an allotment of walk-up trailers to a walk-in assortment of tents in a courtyard-style mall layout.

read the rest here

My guess is there will be a very controlled entry and exit to this Mall style vender row. Items will be chipped and you will pass through a theft detector to exit the new mall design. You will be able to pick out numerous items from different teams and pay as you exit.

It will be interesting to see how the Autograph from the driver thing works in this environment. Plus this place is going to have to be HUGE! Especially on RACE Day.

By the way DP, thanks for Using the 2015 CUP Champion as the graphic! :D

betcha big ole tent will attempt ta collect as much '15 digital data as possible too.
huge database w/ all in 1 spot.

betcha big ole tent will attempt ta collect as much '15 digital data as possible too.
huge database w/ all in 1 spot.

How is that different from any other retailer, search engine, website and/or govt agency?

The air conditioning will be nice and they will make good money for lots of people.

I wonder how long it will be before they start charging to enter the tent to do our pre-race shopping?

Will probably need race tickets to get in, folks could go to the trinket trailers at Phoenix without entering track the way it used to be

Will probably need race tickets to get in, folks could go to the trinket trailers at Phoenix without entering track the way it used to be
That would be a bad move. Talk about putting a cap on sales. The only race track that I've been to that they had the haulers fenced off was Pocono. Even so, when the on track activities were done, the let the public in to shop.

That would be a bad move. Talk about putting a cap on sales. The only race track that I've been to that they had the haulers fenced off was Pocono. Even so, when the on track activities were done, the let the public in to shop.

Last race I went to at Phoenix there were fewer haulers and they had a big tent in the track area, one door in and one door out. Folks that had tickets to the hillside werent allowed into the track area, lots of mad people

How is that different from any other retailer, search engine, website and/or govt agency?

The air conditioning will be nice and they will make good money for lots of people.

different from seperate haulers in past. central data collection .

This came from the MIS website. Looks like they replaced the trailers with separate tent sections. If that's true It wont be as bad as I thought. We'll see.
  • Ability to offer the largest at-track selection of NASCAR merchandise ever
  • Selection to include a major expansion of women’s and kids’ items
  • A more functional way to browse, shop and interact with merchandise
  • Separate stores within the footprint for teams, drivers, memorabilia and collectibles
  • Dedicated area for driver appearances
  • An interactive customization center where fans can create their own personal NASCAR gear

A754C0EC947140CE8674820547C7257E.ashx

If you have a smart phone they already know exactly where you've been.
If I had a "smart" phone and It let everybody know my business then I would think instead of smart phone it would be a dumbazs phone and I would stomp it.

Haulers or a big top. Either way the lemmings will line up to get bent over.

Honestly, merchandise is so expensive nowadays that I couldn't tell you the last time I actually bought something at the track. Waiting in line outside for an overpriced item? No thanks.

The tent at least makes browsing easier.

Crap. We're going to the July Daytona Race. Oh well I'll find out firsthand. :cool:

Reactions: Pat
This is a plus, a big plus.

And finally, we think we are going to have things that are normally not available, like shipping to your home, free. Getting it there very quickly, not having to carry it, there will be a shipping solution

Not sure about picking up things on the way out.
I really am trying my best to reserve judgement until after the Coke Zero 400.

Reactions: Pat
Living in the heart of NASCAR country makes the merchandise at the track deal irrelevant for me. If I want something bad & it's not at the racetrack I can just drive Mooresville, it's only about a 4 hour ride from my house & worth it every time I visit...

Back
Top Bottom