TMS President Interested in Hosting NCAAFB Game

ChexOrWrex

Ya gotta wanna
What’s next in speedway football: Texas A&M-Texas at Texas Motor Speedway? Talladega Iron Bowl?

Eddie Gossage went to the Battle at Bristol as a fan, not as the president of Texas Motor Speedway. He wanted to blend into the record crowd and find out how people really felt about the oddity that was Tennessee and Virginia Tech playing a football game at one of his Speedway Motorsports sister tracks.

https://www.seccountry.com/sec/drea...***tail-party-whats-next-in-speedway-football

I can't imagine that the energy could be as high at a wide open racetrack as it would be in an enclosed stadium.. Bristol seems like a much more fun college football experience than TMS

Gossage just wants an excuse to build a bigger jumbo screen at TMS to outmatch Bristol's.

image.jpeg

Wassa 'Kyle and DKR'? o_O Goggling them combined or DKR separately yielded nothing apparently relevant.
Kyle Field (A&M) and Darrell K Royal-Memorial Stadium (Texas) are the on-campus stadiums.

Neutral site games work for certain situations...the majority of rivalry games are not included. This is pure stupidity even beyond playing at a 1.5-mile race track.

Kyle Field (A&M) and Darrell K Royal-Memorial Stadium (Texas) are the on-campus stadiums.

Neutral site games work for certain situations...the majority of rivalry games are not included. This is pure stupidity even beyond playing at a 1.5-mile race track.

"This is pure stupidity even beyond playing at a 1.5-mile race track."

You hit the nail on the head and Gossage personifies stupidity by even mentioning it. Instead of thinking about a football game everyone associated with Nascar should be quaking in their boots as only 5.2 million people have tuned in to see Brian's lottery thus far this year.

I can't wait for the NASCAR race at Beaver Stadium!

You hit the nail on the head and Gossage personifies stupidity by even mentioning it. Instead of thinking about a football game everyone associated with Nascar should be quaking in their boots as only 5.2 million people have tuned in to see Brian's lottery thus far this year.
Stupid or not, thinking outside of the box to bring in some more revenue for the track , although, he isnt thinking outside of the box, just borrowing the idea.

I can't imagine that the energy could be as high at a wide open racetrack as it would be in an enclosed stadium.. Bristol seems like a much more fun college football experience than TMS

Bristol sucked from the standpoint of the experience during the game. From morning until kickoff, it was a helluva party. After kickoff, the atmosphere was bleh. I can only imagine how bad it would be at TMS. This may be one of the worst sports ideas in a long time.

Bristol sucked from the standpoint of the experience during the game. From morning until kickoff, it was a helluva party. After kickoff, the atmosphere was bleh. I can only imagine how bad it would be at TMS. This may be one of the worst sports ideas in a long time.

Lol people weren't hyped during the game? I understand why but I'm still surprised.

At the surface bare bones its sad they do not want a third date. It is a sign of what we all know will happen in 2026 to NASCAR

I bet you'll have an awesome view of the game. :sarcasm:
I beat that horse to death and into food for toothless hounds before the Bristol game, but knowing the view would suck didn't stop 160K from spending their money.

("the Bristol game" - now that just sounds sick and wrong :bleh:)

Thanks for the info.

I'm not a traditionalist, but I agree that the 'big rivalry' game should be at home stadiums. However, let'$ remember why game$ are played at neutral $ite$. If playing the big game on a neutral field will bring the schools more money, expect it to happen, fans and tradition be damned.

Last edited:

Track management has different goals from NASCAR management, especially where SMI is concerned. If Bruton thinks he can make more money showcasing football games, then expect him to tear up the Bristol track entirely and jam TWO football fields in the resulting space, one at either end, and play two games at once.

Stupid or not, thinking outside of the box to bring in some more revenue for the track , although, he isnt thinking outside of the box, just borrowing the idea.

Thinking outside the box is one thing but putting on a football game at a 1.5 mile cookie cutter is another.

I went to an indoor kart race in Williamston a while back. What a disaster that race was.

I went to see midgets on the indoor track at DuQuoin in 2014. Great show, fumes werent too terrible, started to feel it right at the end of the night. Great dirt track they put together.
Of course there is a big difference between midgets and full size stock cars. St Louis is gonna be interesting... I think they have three or four hundred cars entered... That doesn't seem good...
I think they should just have 1 class (super late models), ditch the modifieds... In between heat races, etc... just have time for track prep/let the place air out a bit...
UMP Modifieds are gonna be a wreckfest as well...
I think it might be a train wreck... but its gonna be interesting for sure.

I think Dover should try running the horses on the high banks and the cars in the infield

i agree. Dover needs 4 dates. 2 concrete. 1 infield and 1 football game

Back
Top Bottom