NASCAR: Full Speed

The production was exceptional...the timing was perfect...just awesome all the way around. Nailed it.

Quite a few questions about about the documentary in the fan survey. A lot about exhibition races also.
I loved that the driver focus stayed on the racing.....dropping kids off at school to head to the sim....that kind of thing....instead of look at me get in my jet and head to Bali.....

I watched the first three episodes last night, and thought it was great. I think they do a really good job of appealing to the hardcore NASCAR fan, casual race fan, as well as someone that has never seen a race in their lives. That's tough to balance but I think they nailed it.
Netflix usually does a great job with production, they pump out a lot of quality stuff.

Not sure if there's any horror fans here, but their 2017 film, The Ritual, is probably my all time favorite horror film. An absolute masterclass in balancing the human horrors of emotion/grief with the supernatural/monster movie horror. It's tense.

Netflix deserves a lot of credit. They make quality shows and films. I haven't started this yet, but I'm not surprised to hear that it's good

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Kyle Busch is only more likeable now because he drives a Chevy.
Kyle Busch is likeable because he finally humanized himself a few years ago and shared he and Samantha's story with infertility. He's mellowed out. I wouldn't know, yet, but parenthood seems to do that to you.

Denny is a smart guy. He is building his fan base at 42....while people bitch about his podcast...which was featured.....while people bitch about his arrogance.....which was featured....while they bitch about his ownership....which was featured.....and where, may I ask was Kyle ****** Bush in the series? Nowhere. There was a void....Denny filled it. No wonder JGR resigned him at a price point agreeable to his value....where, in contrast....KFB brought nothing but his mouth and wrecked Next Gens.
Denny can be a doofus, but he cares SO much about this sport, being an ambassador, and growing it.

Hes easy to hate on, but good for the sport, because he cares so much about it

Kyle Busch is likeable because he finally humanized himself a few years ago and shared he and Samantha's story with infertility. He's mellowed out. I wouldn't know, yet, but parenthood seems to do that to you.

From being a dad of one and with another now on the way…things that bothered you pre kids, are now just blips on the radar

The crowd didn't change until the OEM/team did...

Enjoyed episode 3. Ross actually comes off as likeable to me and his portion of the episode was pretty neat. Blaney’s gf is a looker, and it was interesting to finally get to meet him in the series,he’s a cool dude. I want more, cant wait for episodes 4&5.
Co-sign on Blaney’s GF, and he comes off like a guy you‘d enjoy finishing a nice bottle of whiskey with.

Ross and the chip on his shoulder was less appealing. The “At home” segments gave me dirty bachelor pad vibes…almost like it was a staged rental so his real home isn’t revealed.

I really hope the next season focuses on more than just the playoffs
Be fun to follow drivers through big races such as Daytona 500, World 600, Brickyard 400, Southern 500, All Star Race and Street race.

Really enjoyed this and hope they do even more similar stuff next year to help tide us over through the off season…longest 3 months of the year. I’d even take that Kevin James comedy back. But Speed was so well done.

Btw did anyone else think Denny using a helicopter to go everywhere is just a bit too much?

Btw did anyone else think Denny using a helicopter to go everywhere is just a bit too much?

Agreed, and it doesn't surprise me. He's a tool and that's pretty well known. And he has been doing this for years. A friend of a friend used to play basketball with Denny a while back. He would show up to the court in his helicopter just to try and look cool

Really enjoyed this and hope they do even more similar stuff next year to help tide us over through the off season…longest 3 months of the year. I’d even take that Kevin James comedy back. But Speed was so well done.

Andy Petree takes his chopper to and from work (RCR) nearly every day.

Agreed, and it doesn't surprise me. He's a tool and that's pretty well known. And he has been doing this for years. A friend of a friend used to play basketball with Denny a while back. He would show up to the court in his helicopter just to try and look cool
Honest. If I had the money Dennis has….. as someone who sits in about 3-4 hours of traffic a week with the to/from work commute, I could really find better use of my time and then make my time more productive. So I’d probably use a helicopter too, use it to fly over the stupidity.

I rather be a tool than sit in traffic. If you had a helicopter and enough money to use it why wouldn't you? Seems to me that your an idiot if you don't use it, not for using. I don't like Denny at all, but can't really knock him for doing the same thing any of us would do (rather they care to admit it or not).

To me the difference is that some people that have that stuff are very modest about it and well some people like Denny like to be brag about themselves and make sure everyone knows what they have. I don't have any respect for the 2nd group of people.

Honest. If I had the money Dennis has….. as someone who sits in about 3-4 hours of traffic a week with the to/from work commute, I could really find better use of my time and then make my time more productive. So I’d probably use a helicopter too, use it to fly over the stupidity.

I rather be a tool than sit in traffic. If you had a helicopter and enough money to use it why wouldn't you? Seems to me that your an idiot if you don't use it, not for using. I don't like Denny at all, but can't really knock him for doing the same thing any of us would do (rather they care to admit it or not).

I neglected to mention, the basketball court was only a few miles from his house. And Denny was late because there wasn't a good spot to land. He was texting the other guys in the group pics from his helicopter, laughing about trying to find a spot.

I wish I could remember the other stories this guy told, but it was probably 10 years ago. The guy was dating Denny's sister at the time and I don't see any reason why he would make this stuff up

Just finished the last two episodes. 10 outta 10.

Probably a handful of drivers kicking themselves for not volunteering to be involved And I hope all of the drivers that were involved see a spike in fans.

Was listening to Chase on the DJD and he admitted he's yet to watch the series and even more or less came out and said that if they were ask him to be part of it for season 2 he mostly likely wouldn't do it. Said he's not really interested in anything that doesn't make him go faster. Things like this baffle me as to how he remains the most popular driver? How can you make the sport better if you're most popular driver refuses to help you out?

Was listening to Chase on the DJD and he admitted he's yet to watch the series and even more or less came out and said that if they were ask him to be part of it for season 2 he mostly likely wouldn't do it. Said he's not really interested in anything that doesn't make him go faster. Things like this baffle me as to how he remains the most popular driver? How can you make the sport better if you're most popular driver refuses to help you out?
That has been Elliott's M.O. from the beginning. He's a private person, I would call him an introvert, Blaney is similar. No party animal, or social "happenings". See Denny Hamlin.

That has been Elliott's M.O. from the beginning. He's a private person, I would call him an introvert, Blaney is similar. No party animal, or social "happenings". See Denny Hamlin.
The grand question of why everyone tells us introverts to speak up instead of telling extroverts to shut up. Quiet people contribute things in our own way not everyone has to be an annoying loud mouth. Chase is perfectly fine as he is. Popularity has no basis on what you say.

I don’t think it would hurt to be involved for a single episode or two. Long term they are going to need more drivers engaged and involved or else it’ll dry out pretty quickly if only five or six dudes are willing to open up each year.

Reminds me a bit of how the first few years of DTS were mostly focused on the backmarkers and it took a couple of years for the usually very anal top teams like Ferrari and Mercedes to open up and see that it created positive engagement. I am sure Chase is focused on getting back into victory lane but a week of your time for the betterment of the sport is an admirable trade off.

Things like this baffle me as to how he remains the most popular driver?
Remember, MPD isn't conducted scientifically. People can vote daily during the voting period. It's more a measure of which driver has the most motivated fan base.

I confess I don't understand why people would watch a show about a sport they aren't already interested in. I'm not saying it doesn't work; F1 makes that obvious. I just don't get it; I'd never voluntarily turn on a program about the outside lives of basketball players or horse breeders.

Back
Top Bottom