NASCAR on FOX - 2015

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
Sprint Cup on FOX
Booth: Mike Joy, Darrell Waltrip and Larry McReynolds; Pits: Matt Yocum, Chris Neville and Jamie Little

Xfinity on FOX Sports 1:
Booth: Adam Alexander, Michael Waltrip and (rotating) Kevin Harvick, Brad Keselowski, Jeff Gordon; Pits: Vince Welch and (rotating), Yocum, Neville, Little.

Trucks on FOX Sports 1:
Booth: Steve Byrnes*, Phil Parsons, Michael Waltrip. Pits: Hermie Sadler and (rotating) Kaitlyn Vincie, Welch, Yocum.

*Mike Joy, Adam Alexander and Brian Till are rotating in the booth for the Truck race until Steve Byrnes returns.

http://static.foxsports.com/content..._FOX_2015_Broadcaster_Lineup1422285629969.pdf

Sprint Cup on FOX
Booth: Mike Joy, Darrell Waltrip and Larry McReynolds; Pits: Matt Yocum, Chris Neville and Jamie Little

Xfinity on FOX Sports 1:
Booth: Adam Alexander, Michael Waltrip and (rotating) Kevin Harvick, Brad Keselowski, Jeff Gordon; Pits: Vince Welch and (rotating), Yocum, Neville, Little.

Trucks on FOX Sports 1:
Booth: Steve Byrnes*, Phil Parsons, Michael Waltrip. Pits: Hermie Sadler and (rotating) Kaitlyn Vincie, Welch, Yocum.

*Mike Joy, Adam Alexander and Brian Till are rotating in the booth for the Truck race until Steve Byrnes returns.

http://static.foxsports.com/content..._FOX_2015_Broadcaster_Lineup1422285629969.pdf
Who are you and what did you do with @AndyMarquisLive ? I'm not used to seeing you post a network thread without bashing the broadcaster.

They've not only still got mikey but they have expanded his role. More races I'll watch on tv and listen to on raceview. They must be sadists to force that idiot on us.

Anyone else notice during the Rolex 24 that Fox used the exact same Daytona 500 commercial from the previous year? Really boosting up that advertisement budget I see...

Anyone else notice during the Rolex 24 that Fox used the exact same Daytona 500 commercial from the previous year? Really boosting up that advertisement budget I see...

Fox hasn't gone out of their way to promote the Daytona 500 this year. I don't remember any commercials during NFL games until last week's NFC Championship game.

Fox hasn't gone out of their way to promote the Daytona 500 this year. I don't remember any commercials during NFL games until last week's NFC Championship game.

UFC's ratings are terrible to make an understatement and needs the cross promotion. NASCAR doesn't.

I'm curious to see if NBC runs any NASCAR ads during the Super Bowl. I know their coverage doesn't pick up until July, but it would still be a good way to get the word out.

I guess I got spoiled by Bob, Ned and Benny as today's broadcasters don't do much for me although I did like Kyle and Wally. In general I watch the races on mute and if something has happened I am unsure of I do a quick rewind and turn up the sound.

UFC ratings are terrible? Not really. They run more events now leading to more pick and choose viewing. Overall UFC is the best performer on fs1 with 18-49yr olds.

Other fox changes include racehub at 6pm. Many new analysts including current drivers and Crew cheifs. Raceday returning to the track as well

I guess I got spoiled by Bob, Ned and Benny as today's broadcasters don't do much for me although I did like Kyle and Wally. In general I watch the races on mute and if something has happened I am unsure of I do a quick rewind and turn up the sound.

I feel the same way.

Other fox changes include racehub at 6pm. Many new analysts including current drivers and Crew cheifs. Raceday returning to the track as well
Adding to this , they are Alan Cavanna and Andrew Doud,Kaitlyn Vincie

Raceday for the Cup race will have Danielle Trotta hosting, (FOX portion of the year) ,McReynolds and K Wallace , Vincie and FOX Sports 1 newcomers Alan Cavanna and Andrew Doud report alongside FOX NASCAR team pit reporters. John Roberts replaces Danielle when NBC takes over as host for RD

Raceday for Xfinity Series is going to be Danielle Trotta hosting, with McReynolds and K Wallace , and Jamie Little,Chris Neville,Vince Welch and Matt Yocum reporting.

John Roberts will also be hosting NCWTS Set Up for each race as well.

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/sto...150126_39402077&cmpid=tsmfb:fscom:nascaronfox

FOX had the best NASCAR coverage I think anyone's ever seen back in 2001. I really don't know what's happened but, when I watch the older races on FOX, I'm just blown away at how entertaining and informative the FOX telecasts were.

The only thing I'm really disappointed about with FOX's lineup is that there's going to be even more Michael Waltrip.

They got full of themselves and thought THEY were the stars of the broadcast.
Yep, nail on the head right there , they became "hollywood"

Sprint Cup on FOX

Xfinity on FOX Sports 1:

Trucks on FOX Sports 1:

What kind of cr@ppy "ticker" will be on the screen this year?

If it has Mikey in it then I'm not going to be watching much of it. Can't stand his commentary and goofy self promotion. I used to think that nobody could outdo his brother but Mikey found a way to do it. How or why does he manage to keep getting his mug on TV?

If it has Mikey in it then I'm not going to be watching much of it. Can't stand his commentary and goofy self promotion. I used to think that nobody could outdo his brother but Mikey found a way to do it. How or why does he manage to keep getting his mug on TV?
2 words: Mute button

I think it'll be more entertaining to see Harvick & Keselowski work with each other without punching one another in the eye.
Brad don't fight with his fists and Harvick only hits from behind or with a crew in front of him.
Mind you he did a fabulous job taking care of Edwards who hasn't started a fight since.

Brad don't fight with his fists and Harvick only hits from behind or with a crew in front of him.
Mind you he did a fabulous job taking care of Edwards who hasn't started a fight since.

Absolutely spot on. He uses his car. Pit road doesn't even slow him down. Sorry to burst your idealizing bubble, but Brad's no better then the rest of the drivers when it comes to anger management. :p

Absolutely spot on. He uses his car. Pit road doesn't even slow him down. Sorry to burst your idealizing bubble, but Brad's no better then the rest of the drivers when it comes to anger management. :p
The only fist he'll wave is that 3400 pound one he's hiding behind.

From jayski

Sprint Unlimited places 3rd in Saturday's TV Ratings:

The big winner Saturday night: TNT with coverage of the NBA State Farm All-Star Saturday Night. The NBA averaged 6.1 million viewers and upstaged everything on broadcast prime time. The preliminary averages there: NBC with 5.4 million, Fox with 4.7 million for the NASCAR: Sprint Unlimited from Daytona Beach, CBS with 4.6 million and ABC with 2.4 million for "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets." NBC aired a "Dateline" rerun (5.6 million) and the "Saturday Night Live Valentine's Special" (5.1 million)

2015 Sprint Unlimited Race and Commercial Breakdown:

For those of you NASCAR fans that like stats and love to hate commercials, here is the breakdown for Saturday's race. Began recording the times at the Invocation of the race at 8:15 PM, and stopped at the waving of the checkered flag at 10:18 PM (all times are EST). Did not keep records for the pre- and post-race coverage. Fox was the broadcast team for this event.
Total number of commercials: 67
Total number of companies or entities advertised: 40
Number of times Fox utilized 'Side-by-Side' commercials during this broadcast: 0
Total number of brief promos of products/services during the race broadcast (including company logos 'floating' in corners of the screen): 43
Total amount of time these brief promos take during broadcast: app. 2 min. 45 sec.
Start time to record race/commercial periods: 8:15 PM
End time to record race/commercial periods: 10:18 PM
Total minutes of complete race broadcast: 123
Minutes of race broadcast: 94
Minutes of traditional commercials (not split-screen): 29
Number of missed restarts: 0
Number of 'mystery cautions' (debris not shown): 0
Total race brdcst time 94 Total comm. brdcst time 29
See full reports, sponsor links, much more details at CawsnJaws.com

I can't believe there are actually folks who do not enjoy listening to Daryl talk about himself for four hours........it's not like they can't follow the race by looking over his shoulder.

Back
Top Bottom