NASCAR Paint Scheme Discussion

CjVeOj5WEAEh8KL.jpg
Could they not get the full letter L on the hood? o_O:windows:

Fauxback... LOL. I don't know if you coined that or not, but it is appropriate IMO. The car is pretty, but I'm slightly disappointed it's not a genuine throwback.

Every time I hear "fauxback" I think of those stupid uniforms the Rays wear a couple times a year...

9225351051_b35492285a_o.jpg

They are designed to look like 70's throwbacks. The Rays did not exist until 1998.

Im just not a fan of throwback schemes that arent a throwback of a nascar race car. Oh well
Yeah, me too. There is plenty of Nascar history to use as inspiration. (Last year, the 22 used a scheme from a Shell/Pennzoil endurance sports car, raced at Sebring back in the day IIRC. That wasn't Nascar, but it grew on me until I liked it a lot.)

22pennzoil-shell-throwback-tptw.jpg

Last edited:
I hope so, that would be cool to see a throw back , to the Shell Indy car days, or the Shell BGN car, but I guess a throw back HD would cool too.
Nice, they must of read this post

Allison won both races at Darlington one year driving that Rambler. Was there for both. Pissed me off both times.......

The image of Reed's car looks good. The memory brings a chuckle. Thanks for puttin' it up.

Back
Top Bottom