nascar popularity?

Would Nascar be as popular today if it wasnt for wrecks like elliot sadlers today or The big ones??

• Yes, fans dont really care about wrecks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, dont you hear the crowds chear after seeing them

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
S

smack500

Would Nascar be as popular today if it was not for wrecks???

It may be a bit silly, but there is some validity to the question.

I've met people(I won't call them fans) at the track, who say they go to races simply to see the wrecks. :(

Its a fact there are fans out there that like the wrecks, someone on this board on another thread said they couldnt watch races if it werent for wrecks. This may be a sensitive question But I dont see a problem with asking it.

Did you all watch on TV right before they came back live nascar showed a tape of nascar racin and most of it was crashes. I think nascar promotes this because the fans have to have excitement, most don't understand racin.

i think people look forward to the wrecks in an odd way, not for people to get hurt, but for more excitement and twists in the story

I think that a significant portion of the fans who tune in week after week do so to see a wreck. Sad to say, but I hear it all the time at work. One person even was disappointed that "Sadler's was the only really hard crash". Those fans are out there.

Of course the networks don't help much because they hype the races(esp. the plate races) with crashes and cars flipping down the track. I'm sure that Sadler's wreck is being made into a promo as we debate this issue. I only watched part of Sunday's race, but I heard Bestwick say, "...and we haven't had the Big One ...YET...".

We are conditioned as fans to expect the wrecks and to celebrate them as exciting parts of racing.

I voted yes because wrecks like that don't happen every day. So it would still be pouplar.

Seems most of the people that picked yes didnt read the question correctly, the question was "Would Nascar be AS popular today if it wasnt for wrecks?" not would it be popular

Back
Top Bottom