NASCAR - Sport or not?

C

cea2488

What are your thoughts? I'm doing a persuasive paper for school, trying to convince people that it is indeed a sport, but need a few ideas to build off of. Do you think NASCAR is a sport, and if so, what are some reasons?

Of course it is a sport!
Try driving at those peeds and completing a race in a few hours. Just look at yesterday, some drivers did complete 2 races (800 miles).
Let's see ANY baseball, football, soccer, basketball, runner, skater, hocky player, etc. do that!

auto racing is indeed a sport.

I do however have my doubts about today's NASCAR

All I can say is look at the definition of sport

noun (plural sports)

1. competitive physical activity: an individual or group competitive activity involving physical exertion or skill, governed by rules, and sometimes engaged in professionally.

If you can call golf a sport, then you can call NASCAR a sport.

most ppl say you need balls a sticks in sports (one or the orther or boath)....well racing u gots to have 2 balls and your legs are the sticks for the gas/brake/clutch

Yes, Auto racing is a sport. The drivers and pit guys have to be in very very good physical shape.

Maybe it is a Death Sport because they put their lives on the line much more them the ball guys.

Besides, Tennis, Bowling and Golf are considered a sport. LOL

Whack-a-mole is also considered a sport believe it or not. :wacko:

I despise anyone who says Auto Racing isnt a sport. These drivers have to deal with the heat and dueling with 43 other guys on the track and stuff like that.

"Bullfighting,Mountain climbing and auto racing are the only true sports.Everything else are just games..."

Earnest Hemingway

It's not a sport,
It's a motorsport!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom