NASCAR Television Coverage

Wouldn't you have to watch both to know this?

I've seen episodes of Race Hub before NBCSN's show premiered. Not a fan though Danielle Trotta looks lovely. That FOX Sports Live that comes on after the baseball games and after some of the races, now THAT is terrible stuff. The hosts of that show have an "All up in your face" style.

I watch both but nascar america doesn't last long enough. It's also a lot more.... subdued.
I enjoy both but Adam Alexander almost ruins race hub for me every time.

I've seen episodes of Race Hub before NBCSN's show premiered. Not a fan though Danielle Trotta looks lovely. That FOX Sports Live that comes on after the baseball games and after some of the races, now THAT is terrible stuff. The hosts of that show have an "All up in your face" style.

OK, Andy's back.

thought tha chad / bootie show did a good job on tech talk.
ratings not good i guess ?

Yeah I enjoyed it too, really got some good info and insight from that show, but as others have mentioned it likely only appealed to the hardcore fans.

If ESPN had the side by side for the last half of the race, every race; and dropped the halftime show, they would be my favorite by far. I love the booth crew. I'm kinda bummed they are 'disbanding'..

Letarte and the Mayor will be cool next year but I am not looking forward to Adam Alexander on NBC. Obviously I will reserve judgement on presentation until we see it next year.

Todays race coverage is great, multi station covering races, daily and weekly shows.

Back in the day, you had to sit through 85 minutes of polo, under water basket weaving, golf or just watchn grass grow. Then Wide World of Sports would flash to 3 laps at Daytona or The World 600 or The Southern 500.

NO WHINING!!!

If ESPN had the side by side for the last half of the race, every race; and dropped the halftime show, they would be my favorite by far. I love the booth crew. I'm kinda bummed they are 'disbanding'..

Letarte and the Mayor will be cool next year but I am not looking forward to Adam Alexander on NBC. Obviously I will reserve judgement on presentation until we see it next year.

that'll be an rf 1st !
judgement usually "precedes " tha event here ! :D

As I've said before, ESPN race broadcastsare better than FOX (and especially TNT), so I'm disappointed to see ESPN leave at the end of the year.

Hopefully NBC will be as good as what we have now.

I don't think I've watched Race Hub all year. NASCAR America is so much better.
The more time that goes by, the more I am going to agree with you, with its 22min or so run time, they have less time to mess around, they get to the point, RH, I think is trying very hard to pander to all the casual's, and even the non NASCAR fans that may be watching. Which would make sense, given the fact that they take time out of the show, a few times, to give a segment to Americas Pre Game, its like a close to five minutes at the bottom of the hour, and then a couple of minutes at the end of the show.

The more time that goes by, the more I am going to agree with you, with its 22min or so run time, they have less time to mess around, they get to the point, RH, I think is trying very hard to pander to all the casual's, and even the non NASCAR fans that may be watching. Which would make sense, given the fact that they take time out of the show, a few times, to give a segment to Americas Pre Game, its like a close to five minutes at the bottom of the hour, and then a couple of minutes at the end of the show.

I stopped watching the Hub long ago, and I have never watch NASCAR America. Trotta took the Hub to Entertainment Tonight status. In fairness, I need to give NASCAR America a try, but I am skeptical. Anything with Jeff Burton attached to it should be entitled, "NASCAR According to Jeff Burton....I Am Right So Don't Argue With Me". I like Burton, but when he starts pontificating, I want to scream. Can't imagine Letarte announcing. Dear God, where are we going?

I agree with your post Rev, all except the Letarte part. I'll give that a while, he carries all the latest greatest car setup info and insider knowledge. I so like and respect people who have actually been inside the sport up in the booth. don't care much for network glam models reading a teleprompter, male or female.

I stopped watching the Hub long ago, and I have never watch NASCAR America. Trotta took the Hub to Entertainment Tonight status. In fairness, I need to give NASCAR America a try, but I am skeptical. Anything with Jeff Burton attached to it should be entitled, "NASCAR According to Jeff Burton....I Am Right So Don't Argue With Me". I like Burton, but when he starts pontificating, I want to scream. Can't imagine Letarte announcing. Dear God, where are we going?

Burton's not the only one on there. Ricky Rudd, Wally Dallenbach, Frankie Stoddart, Steve Letarte, Dale Jarrett, Kyle Petty and Parker Kligerman are all often on it.

Krista Voda to join NBC Sports' NASCAR broadcast team

KV.jpg

Longtime NASCAR on Fox broadcaster Krista Voda has signed a multi-year agreement to serve as host of NBC Sports’ pre- and post-race NASCAR coverage beginning with the 2015 season.

In addition to hosting the pre- and post-race shows for the Sprint Cup and what is now the Nationwide series races, Voda's on-air duties will also include regular appearances as host of "NASCAR America" and NBC Sports Network, as well as other assignments across NBC Sports and NBC Olympics.

“This role is a dream opportunity for me and I'm honored to be a part of NBC’s return to NASCAR,” said Voda. “We say it often, but it's true: NASCAR is more than a sport, it’s a community. I’ve been blessed, for many years, to stand alongside colleagues who I also consider dear friends. I’m looking forward to this new chapter and the chance to share my knowledge and enthusiasm for storytelling.”

Voda has served most recently as host of Fox Sports' pre-race show for the NASCAR Truck Series broadcast and as a pit road reporters for its Cup series broadcasts.

Last year, NASCAR and NBC Sports Group signed a 10-year agreement granting rights to broadcast the final 20 Cup series races, final 19 Nationwide series events, select NASCAR Regional & Touring Series events and other live content beginning in 2015.

Read more here: http://thatsracinluckydog.blogspot....urce=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#storylink=cpy

I say this as someone that has never been much of a hockey fan, but I actually really liked the glowing puck.

as long as we are way the fluke off subject, they should incorporate a pa tink sound like a spittoon when the puck goes in to the net. the whole thing is way to quiet with the net situation. Make it out of metal or something that rings like a bell.
The air at Daytona pic should be a gif and run in a loop like an old style lava lamp. Fans waiting for the Daytona race to start during the long off season could use it for a screen saver.

Burton's not the only one on there. Ricky Rudd, Wally Dallenbach, Frankie Stoddart, Steve Letarte, Dale Jarrett, Kyle Petty and Parker Kligerman are all often on it.
Parker drives the iracing sim to show the different racing lines and stuff. Pretty cool I guess. I think he just wants to play games!

I say this as someone that has never been much of a hockey fan, but I actually really liked the glowing puck.

A question. Was this back in pre-High Def days? When I watch football on my non-HD old 27" 20 year old tv, I have a hard time seeing the ball. Wouldn't bother me if it glowed or had a giant FootballTrax arrow pointing to it.

A question. Was this back in pre-High Def days? When I watch football on my non-HD old 27" 20 year old tv, I have a hard time seeing the ball. Wouldn't bother me if it glowed or had a giant FootballTrax arrow pointing to it.
It was before HD. 1996

Yeah, it was before high def. If you think following a football on-screen is difficult, try keeping track of a hockey puck that is 1/5 or 1/6 the size (just a guess) of the football.

I could see the usefulness of it back then. With HD, there is not much need for it.

It actually worked pretty well. I've been against the glass at a few games and wished the arena had it. Can't follow the puck, so you just look for a crowd along the boards.

I agree with your post Rev, all except the Letarte part. I'll give that a while, he carries all the latest greatest car setup info and insider knowledge. I so like and respect people who have actually been inside the sport up in the booth. don't care much for network glam models reading a teleprompter, male or female.

Point well taken. I have been bitching about the lack of technical discussion--hoping that Letarte brings it.

Back
Top Bottom