NASCAR to let teams regulate lug nuts during pit stops in 2015

APROT - Automated Pit Road Officiating Technology

Flashback to when this was announced with an article by Dustin Long.

http://www.mrn.com/Race-Series/NASC...Technology-To-Officiate-Pit-Road-In-2015.aspx

The biggest problem I have with automateds technology is the clones. The kinds that will look like some crew chiefs doing all manner of cheating, just to be penalized in spite of their innocence ( I speak of the real Humans, not their clones when speaking of the innocent).

Chad Knaus and Mr Hendricks is already prepared with the programmed clones, and when nascar goes live with this technology, you can rest assured Chad and Rick will be ready to sabotage.

The technology is already available, they have already cloned a Brian that is without any France DNA. The evidence just can't be any more profound.
The cloned Brian imposter would change the World 600 to the World 666, if programmed, nothing is sacred.

Appendix: You can rest assured that somebody is going to tin foil hat, and black helicopters me with a follow up post. Just know that they are in kahoots with Rick and Chads agenda to discredit the truth that I am bringing to you all.

But I will be OK, I have already been really black helicoptered by them, been to Hell and back. I know I can withstand the insults of the virtual helicopteriacs.

The biggest problem I have with automateds technology is the clones. The kinds that will look like some crew chiefs doing all manner of cheating, just to be penalized in spite of their innocence ( I speak of the real Humans, not their clones when speaking of the innocent).

Chad Knaus and Mr Hendricks is already prepared with the programmed clones, and when nascar goes live with this technology, you can rest assured Chad and Rick will be ready to sabotage.

The technology is already available, they have already cloned a Brian that is without any France DNA. The evidence just can't be any more profound.
The cloned Brian imposter would change the World 600 to the World 666, if programmed, nothing is sacred.

Appendix: You can rest assured that somebody is going to tin foil hat, and black helicopters me with a follow up post. Just know that they are in kahoots with Rick and Chads agenda to discredit the truth that I am bringing to you all.

But I will be OK, I have already been really black helicoptered by them, been to Hell and back. I know I can withstand the insults of the virtual helicopteriacs.

yep

From Jayski

Additional changes to pit rules: There was a meeting this week between NASCAR and the sport's various pit crew coaches regarding the new pit road rules for 2015. The main story line we've seen emphasized this week is the fact that NASCAR is no longer going to enforce a lug nut rule. But that isn't the only thing to come out of that meeting. There are other new rules and ways of enforcement that could have much more drastic impacts on races.
The big move for next season is the removal of more officials from pit road. Starting at Daytona, a new video system will monitor pit road, and penalties will be called from a central video-review location. That means far fewer "judgement" calls by officials. Cut and dry video evidence will rule. And the one area that nobody in the media has mentioned that will be affected the most is crews jumping from the wall early. The rule for when crews can leave the wall goes like this: teams are allowed to be on the ground in their pit stall as soon as their car crosses the back line of the stall directly behind their own. You didn't see this rule enforced all that often, because it had to be fairly blatant for an official to even notice it. Now, if a crew member is down even a split second early, the penalty will be called. Supposedly once NASCAR started testing this video system late in 2014, they were hundreds of "jumping early" penalties flagged by the system. What this means, is that you could potentially see a lot of these penalties called early in the season until pit crews figure out what they can and can't get away with. All coaches are emphasizing this point to their teams this offseason, but it will be an issue in 2015.
Another rule that will be more actively enforced with this video system is the drivers rolling through too many pit boxes before their own on entry. Drivers are only allowed to drive through three (I think) pit boxes before they enter their own. This was also a judgement call in the past, but this new video system will catch more of these in the future.
Other smaller points of emphasis for NASCAR included the elimination of helping your neighbor on pit road gather up his tires by being over the wall. You would often see a member of another pit crew over the wall helping a team corral it's tires. Now, if a crewman wants to help, they have to stay behind the wall. NASCAR is also going to pay closer attention to tire control by the pit crews. If tires aren't in control of a crewman at least half way back to the wall, NASCAR will call a penalty. This rule isn't new, but will be more actively enforced.(NASCAR Insiders)(12-14-2014

I don't agree with the tire gathering rule, if it can help pit crews stay safer why not help others on pit road? We have all seen this for years including the officials help grab a loose tire.

and that is what is unfair about it, if you got the right official you basically had an extra man over the wall.

I don't think there ever was a rule that a jackman or front/rear tire changer/carrier couldn't assist in tire transport of the team pitted directly in front/behind them. I have seen alot of the time, an official behind the wall or another non-pitting team member assist in tire control for the team in front or behind them.

From Jayski

Additional changes to pit rules: There was a meeting this week between NASCAR and the sport's various pit crew coaches regarding the new pit road rules for 2015. The main story line we've seen emphasized this week is the fact that NASCAR is no longer going to enforce a lug nut rule. But that isn't the only thing to come out of that meeting. There are other new rules and ways of enforcement that could have much more drastic impacts on races.
The big move for next season is the removal of more officials from pit road. Starting at Daytona, a new video system will monitor pit road, and penalties will be called from a central video-review location. That means far fewer "judgement" calls by officials. Cut and dry video evidence will rule. And the one area that nobody in the media has mentioned that will be affected the most is crews jumping from the wall early. The rule for when crews can leave the wall goes like this: teams are allowed to be on the ground in their pit stall as soon as their car crosses the back line of the stall directly behind their own. You didn't see this rule enforced all that often, because it had to be fairly blatant for an official to even notice it. Now, if a crew member is down even a split second early, the penalty will be called. Supposedly once NASCAR started testing this video system late in 2014, they were hundreds of "jumping early" penalties flagged by the system. What this means, is that you could potentially see a lot of these penalties called early in the season until pit crews figure out what they can and can't get away with. All coaches are emphasizing this point to their teams this offseason, but it will be an issue in 2015.
Another rule that will be more actively enforced with this video system is the drivers rolling through too many pit boxes before their own on entry. Drivers are only allowed to drive through three (I think) pit boxes before they enter their own. This was also a judgement call in the past, but this new video system will catch more of these in the future.
Other smaller points of emphasis for NASCAR included the elimination of helping your neighbor on pit road gather up his tires by being over the wall. You would often see a member of another pit crew over the wall helping a team corral it's tires. Now, if a crewman wants to help, they have to stay behind the wall. NASCAR is also going to pay closer attention to tire control by the pit crews. If tires aren't in control of a crewman at least half way back to the wall, NASCAR will call a penalty. This rule isn't new, but will be more actively enforced.(NASCAR Insiders)(12-14-2014

I don't agree with the tire gathering rule, if it can help pit crews stay safer why not help others on pit road? We have all seen this for years including the officials help grab a loose tire.

I really don't have too many NASCAR is full of **** feelings, but this is one. How the hell do you rationalize all of that tech on pit road, and the drivers still need to govern their pit road speed (a ****** safety rule) by the tach. Rules like these sometimes make me nervous about who is pulling the strings. Completely utterly stupid. Never mind the fact that a bunch of NASCAR Officials are now unemployed--and those are great, great people. Shared a hotel in Fontana with them, and they treated my family and me like gold. Bought one a drink, and the stories were fabulous.

A huge nest of worms about to be opened .............. 3 lugs will be the norm and before long somebody will lose a wheel at 200 mph.............. this stuff is dumber than the chase IMO

Nailed it, Kyle18fan. Nailed it.

I really don't have too many NASCAR is full of sh!t feelings, but this is one. How the hell do you rationalize all of that tech on pit road, and the drivers still need to govern their pit road speed (a ******* safety rule) by the tach. Rules like these sometimes make me nervous about who is pulling the strings. Completely utterly stupid. Never mind the fact that a bunch of NASCAR Officials are now unemployed--and those are great, great people. Shared a hotel in Fontana with them, and they treated my family and me like gold. Bought one a drink, and the stories were fabulous.

"You can't fix stupid" Ron White :D

I really don't have too many NASCAR is full of sh!t feelings, but this is one. How the hell do you rationalize all of that tech on pit road, and the drivers still need to govern their pit road speed (a ******* safety rule) by the tach. Rules like these sometimes make me nervous about who is pulling the strings. Completely utterly stupid. Never mind the fact that a bunch of NASCAR Officials are now unemployed--and those are great, great people. Shared a hotel in Fontana with them, and they treated my family and me like gold. Bought one a drink, and the stories were fabulous.

The corporate system at work. Anything to boost the next quarterly report$ surpasses common sense, besides it is good for the CEO's bonus.

There will be more pressure on the pit crew to get it right. I'm guessing the penalty will be handed down well after the pit stop - meaning a pass though which can be a heavy penalty. With Officials I've seen them identify problems during the pit stop allowing the pit crew to get it right before leaving the pits. I imagine this will become like the pit road speed monitor (but I'd like to know more about how it works).

You didnt let those poor officials sleep did you ? questions all night long :D :booya:

nascar used ta score each car on each lap w/ 43 humans manually......now it's digital.
used human w/ radar on pit road.....now it's digital.
all works fine now.
so will this.

should level playin field too. eliminates human emotion.

and yeah.....tv will use it for instant replay.......when penalties occur.

What are the penalties they speak of? Lose a lap or be held on pit road X number of seconds, a drive through or WHAT???

You didnt let those poor officials sleep did you ? questions all night long :D :booya:

Oh hell no. As the bartender kept pouring, the stories kept coming. Just awesome. It really breaks my heart to think that those guys were shown the door. Down to earth racers who can drink my ass under the table in 2 seconds. Doesn't take much, but still..... You know me. I love this sport with all of my heart.

Oh hell no. As the bartender kept pouring, the stories kept coming. Just awesome. It really breaks my heart to think that those guys were shown the door. Down to earth racers who can drink my ass under the table in 2 seconds. Doesn't take much, but still..... You know me. I love this sport with all of my heart.

Next year they probably hide in their hotel room, a lookout posted to watch for you :XXROFL:

Next year they probably hide in their hotel room, a lookout posted to watch for you :XXROFL:

No problem. I'll run up and down the halls screaming, "Bar is on me!!!!!!" They will be there in 2 seconds. :)

No problem. I'll run up and down the halls screaming, "Bar is on me!!!!!!" They will be there in 2 seconds. :)

Just dont offer to buy them dinner................ them guys look like they eat a lot :eek:

Back
Top Bottom