Nascar Trivia

LS for the win. It was a photo finish and they originally said it was Beauchamp then awarded it to Lee after.

You have the floor.

I've always been confused as to why it took so long for them to determine the winner. Even on the footage of the finish, it's pretty clear that Petty won the race.

I'll stick with my DNQ's theme: which driver totaled the most DNQ's in a single season, how many did he total, and what year did he achieve that in? (If too many people have trouble, I'll spot them the total.)

I've always been confused as to why it took so long for them to determine the winner. Even on the footage of the finish, it's pretty clear that Petty won the race.

It was a publicity stunt by Bill France to keep the race in the headlines as long as possible, and it worked.

I'll stick with my DNQ's theme: which driver totaled the most DNQ's in a single season, how many did he total, and what year did he achieve that in? (If too many people have trouble, I'll spot them the total.)
Multiple part questions are discouraged. However, if a multiple part question is posted the person that correctly answers the first part of the question is entitled to ask the next question ( sometimes more than one person answers each part). Answering the other parts of question gives you bonus points. :)

Dave Marcis

Multiple part questions are discouraged. However, if a multiple part question is posted the person that correctly answers the first part of the question is entitled to ask the next question ( sometimes more than one person answers each part). Answering the other parts of question gives you bonus points. :)

Sorry, I wasn't aware of that. I'll remember that in future.

Dave Marcis

Nope. Think a bit more recently.

?????......Move on or wait?

muggle said there was a 3 day time limit for the correct answer.

I asked him what happens in a situation like this but he didn't answer me.

Why not just have a rule that says after 7 days of no activity in a situation like this, the floor is open for anyone with a new question so we can keep this thread moving?

?????......Move on or wait?

muggle said there was a 3 day time limit for the correct answer.

I asked him what happens in a situation like this but he didn't answer me.

Why not just have a rule that says after 7 days of no activity in a situation like this, the floor is open for anyone with a new question so we can keep this thread moving?

Long Shot was on the board as recently as yesterday when he made a pick in the Racing Forums game, but I think the 3-day time limit to respond to an answer to a question has come and gone.

Someone needs to fire away with a new question.

ok, new question.

Which full time Cup series driver completed the fewest laps in a single race in 2013?

First off, I'm sorry about not responding to those answers. The correct answer was Kevin Lepage's 25 DNQ's in 2007.

And for the new question, I'll go with the obvious answer: Danica?

First off, I'm sorry about not responding to those answers. The correct answer was Kevin Lepage's 25 DNQ's in 2007.

And for the new question, I'll go with the obvious answer: Danica?

Danica is correct.

She completed 0 laps in the fall race at Kansas when she wrecked in turn 1 on the first lap.

Back to you, LongShot.

Neil Bonnet & Jimmy Horton. Bonnett flipped on the frontstretch, Horton went over the wall...

Neil Bonnet & Jimmy Horton. Bonnett flipped on the frontstretch, Horton went over the wall...

Correct! I've always found it amazing that those two weren't injured in their crashes, yet Stanley Smith was nearly killed when he hit the wall head-on during the Horton accident.

Your move.

Alright, easy one here. 2 father son combos have won the Coca - Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Bobby and Davey are one with multiple wins by Bobby and a dominant win by Davey in 1991. Who is the other & what year and car and sponsor did the son win in?

who is the highest ranked driver in cup wins to never have won at martinsville and how many winless starts did he have there?

Bobby Allison, 44 starts, 6 second place runs, no victories...

What good is asking a question that can only be answered by looking it up? How about asking a question that people might actually know without the use of Google or racing reference.

What good is asking a question that can only be answered by looking it up? How about asking a question that people might actually know without the use of Google or racing reference.
Kinda hard finding a question to ask that can't be answered on Google but how about this: what problem with his car did Tim Richmond overcome to win the 1986 Pepsi Firecracker 400?

Kinda hard finding a question to ask that can't be answered on Google but how about this: what problem with his car did Tim Richmond overcome to win the 1986 Pepsi Firecracker 400?

Are you sure it's the '86 Firecracker 400 that you're thinking of ?

In the second race at Pocono in 1986 (it followed the Firecracker 400), Richmond blew both front tires in an accident and proceeded to drive in reverse to the pits for repairs. Then, despite only having fourth gear for the rest of the race, Richmond went on to win.

Yeah, the high gear deal at Pocono came to mind, but I don't recall anything special about the Firecracker 400

Well i'll go ahead & tell you guys cause I don't think anyone will get it: Richmonds windshield cracked during the Daytona Firecracker 400 forcing him to make a long pitstop for repairs. He returned to the track with the windshield duct taped up & still super competitive. He and Dale Earnhardt had been the dominant cars & when Sr's engine expired putting him in the wall & out of the race, it was Richmonds race to lose...

What year were restrictor plates first used in nascar?

Bonus points... at what track were they first used?

Last edited by a moderator:
What year were restrictor plates first used in nascar?

Bonus points... at what track were they first used?
I don't know how I know this but I think it's 1970 and for some reason I think the track was New Hampshire. Am I at least half right? Its probably Daytona but for some reason Im thinking New Hampshire lol

I know they did some testing with them in the 70s, but I don't think they were required across the board until Bobby Allison's crash at dega in '87. So....1988 at Daytona?

Bread is correct.

Restrictor plates were first used in nascar in 1970. The first track to require plates that year was Michigan.

They were used at all tracks and phased out in 1974 when nascar went with smaller engines.

They began using them again in 1988 at Daytona and Talladega.

Bread is up.

Back
Top Bottom