Nascar Trivia

The book on Nascar history that I read states that Fred Lorenzen put a rental car in a Daytona pool so that he didn't have to return it to the rental agency.
i found this today....not to prove anything, just because i like reading there kinds of adventures from back then.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/168680-joe-weatherly-nascars-first-triple-champion-almost-pt-2
Weatherly mis-judged the stopping distance, and his rental car slid into the motel’s pool. Joe stood in wet triumph next to the pool taking a victory drink from his newly-won bottle of “CC.”

also found it mentioned in this book:
Lost Revolutions: The South in the 1950s
in fast and furious chapter, page 115

first NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver to break 200 mph in qualifying

Buddy was first to go 200, but it was in a test, not qualifying

Hint: he's not in the Nascar Hall of Fame

...."what ex-nascar driver ran the fastest 500 mile race in racing in history?"

Mark Martin.
I'm guessing you mean "won" when you say "ran" the fastest 500 mile race.
It was a Talladega race that went caution free. I'm thinking it was 94 or 95.

Mark Martin.
I'm guessing you mean "won" when you say "ran" the fastest 500 mile race.
It was a Talladega race that went caution free. I'm thinking it was 94 or 95.
he was referring to Juan that day in indycar

he was referring to Juan that day in indycar

What makes you say that? I back read the thread a few pages and didn't see any reference to Pablo.
Mark Martin won a Talladega race in 94 or 95 that went caution free. Because it was caution free it had the fastest average time for a 500 mile race making it the fastest 500 mile race to date for the Cup series.

Next question... What were the two tire companies that provided tires to the Cup series in 1994?

#tirewar

What makes you say that? I back read the thread a few pages and didn't see any reference to Pablo.
Mark Martin won a Talladega race in 94 or 95 that went caution free. Because it was caution free it had the fastest average time for a 500 mile race making it the fastest 500 mile race to date for the Cup series.

Mark was in Nascar over 188 mph....but
what ex-nascar driver ran the fastest 500 mile race in racing in history.....Juan in the Pocono 500 Indy race was over 221. also the beer was talking that night, and Juan had just done it that day.

Mark was in Nascar over 188 mph....but
what ex-nascar driver ran the fastest 500 mile race in racing in history.....Juan in the Pocono 500 Indy race was over 221. also the beer was talking that night, and Juan had just done it that day.

Ah, fastest 500 mile race... in history.

my bad.

Backtracking a little, Juans average speed at Pocono was 202mph, not 221. His pole speed was 223mph.

Ok so best average finish of one chase. I would think that driver would win the championship & since Stewart & Jimmie have already been mentioned that only leaves 2 choices & mine is Kurt Busch. If its not him then we all know the answer.

SlicedBread22 said:
I cant think of anything good right now so this should be pretty simple... What is the best average finish in the chase? By who?

Jeff Gordon

i wanna say Newman, but you said best not worse, so i'll guess Denny

Pretty basic one: Which active crew chief has the 2nd-most career Cup victories after Chad Knaus?

Back
Top Bottom