NASCAR TWEAKS RULES FOR KENTUCKY, MICHIGAN RACES

Splitter height isn't changing. The splitter is the forward facing element at the bottom of the front facia, not the full structure itself.

For Kentucky and Michigan, it's forward facing length will be reduced from 2.00" to 0.25". The splitter extension panel, often referred to as the radiator pan, will be reduced from its current 38" width to 25".

Click on the diagrams to enlarge them:

http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/nascar-releases-kentucky-splitter-dimensions/

As an aside, I am amazed at how sloppy some of our "journalists" can be. The MRN site is reporting "Splitter extended from .25 inches to 2 inches." No editor working today?

That article with the diagrams is dated July 2015, and is announcing what would go down at Kentucky last year. The radiator pan was 38" in 2015 for all tracks, then reduced to 25" for the 2015 Kentucky and Darlington "test" races. For 2016, the base setup had the pan at 33", a compromise between the test and the 2015 base case. So this year for the Ky and MIS tests, I guess it will be 31".

sloppy knows no borders it seems ! :D

I like the car management! DP is good at car management! :D
I'll give her credit for being good at avoiding wrecks, but if you're riding in the back most of the time car management is easier and you get more practice at trying to avoid wrecks.

This is just another anti 48 rule, like the new chase in 2013. If Jimmie and Chad were the only two able to hit the old car's setup, let them win at Michigan and win 10 straight cups. If the other drivers keep on under and over driving the car, its there fault, not the 48's. This opinion mirrors the new aero package generally and not necessarily the modifications at these two tracks. However, these tracks would not have the modified aero package if the overall aero package was not made. Imagine if Dale Sr. saw this non sense. Remember him after tim after the 2000 Daytona 500 roofbar.! He said France senior would be rolling over in his grave!

FYI: Jimmy is second in the standings after the 600, with (2) wins, he is (3) by points alone. Not to shabby for a team you say can not get a grip on the current rules.

self promoting bump to remind folks of the changes.....:p

Starting to lose track of all of the changes here......Will we be going back to .6 degrees of right side rear toe out and .3 left side toe in for the rest of the season sans Kentucky and plate races? My TRD cars need that toe back I think....

Yes, toe is back after Kentucky. Same package as at pocono and the 600.

You guys aren't going to believe this, but apparently there were more green flag passes at last years high downforce race than there were last week. 3,886 vs 2,372. No idea why.

Back
Top Bottom