harvick unhappy with tony's lack of tributes

"Tony Stewart didn’t want the fawning tributes, ... 'They can just send me a note from the track president and say, ‘Hey, thank you,’ and that’ll be sufficient for me.' "

That's what I though before I clicked the link. Nice to have it confirmed. I appreciate where Kevin is coming from, but that isn't what Tony wants.

Tony has been a very important figure in Nascar since he came in and I understand where Harvick thinks he needs more recognition..... but....... he's not been a pivotable driver like Gordon or some of the others....... Tony has been outspoken and won Champioships..... maybe he should be revered by coming from openwheel to Nascar...... I don't know........he has most certainly made a big impact by buying into his own race team...... that's very hard to do these days...... He made a very sweet deal with Haas...... because they would more than likely have gone under without him...... He brought them back from also rans..... In retrospect..... maybe Tony HAS been more of an influence on Nascar racing than anyone in the last several years.......... He may command more respect than many of us give him........

If the tracks has offered tributes to Stewart they would have been criticized because Stewart said he doesn't want any tributes.

If the tracks has offered tributes to Stewart they would have been criticized because Stewart said he doesn't want any tributes.
I read where Gordon said he didn't want any either...... yet........ they did.

I think it would have been very nice to have at least recognized his acomplishments for what he has done .

Tony has been a very important figure in Nascar since he came in and I understand where Harvick thinks he needs more recognition..... but....... he's not been a pivotable driver like Gordon or some of the others....... Tony has been outspoken and won Champioships..... maybe he should be revered by coming from openwheel to Nascar...... I don't know........he has most certainly made a big impact by buying into his own race team...... that's very hard to do these days...... He made a very sweet deal with Haas...... because they would more than likely have gone under without him...... He brought them back from also rans..... In retrospect..... maybe Tony HAS been more of an influence on Nascar racing than anyone in the last several years.......... He may command more respect than many of us give him........
Tony didn't buy in. Rick and Gene made this deal and they used Tony to make the team viable.
He got 1/2 the team ownership as a signing bonus and the rest was up to him to make a profit.
Gene was still in jail at the time. :D

Back
Top Bottom