NASCAR's most mentioned drivers

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
I couldn't have guessed this order no matter how hard I would have tried.

Kevin Harvick is the 2014 Sprint Cup Series champion and will be officially crowned on Friday night at the Wynn Las Vegas, but he also picked up another title this week - the most-mentioned driver on TV this past season.
According to Joyce Julius & Associates Inc., which measures media coverage for professional sports' sponsors, Harvick received 5,740 mentions during the 2014 Cup season in TV coverage - the most of any driver.

Jeff Gordon was second with 5,094 mentions and actually ended up leading all drivers with one hour, 33 seconds in interview time.

Untitled.jpg

from here

Looks like Danica has almost fallen off the chart. Wonder where Stenhouse is. But I guess the Chase format is responsible for much of this media coverage.

Kenseth got 40 interviews to explain why he didnt win a race this year ?? wth

Looks like Danica has almost fallen off the chart. Wonder where Stenhouse is. But I guess the Chase format is responsible for much of this media coverage.

Yet she is still very popular with the fans. An indication that she does need to be mentioned to stoke her popularity.

I guess the laps led/pit crew drama/championship won Harvick the most mentioned title this year.

Not hating on Danica - pointing out she's getting what she's earned.

im happy that Jeff Gordon is getting plenty of media interview he deserves that. I hope he gets to win the championship and gets 100 wins before he retires.

Now all we need is a "most mentioned driver on the forum" tracker ;)

if we did this study on Racingforums, Patrick would be at the top. heck we even have a sticky for her.

Some drivers receive notoriety because of who they are, others for their accomplishments. Just hope every driver has at least some fan base.

Being Freaky Fast sure helped Harvick.
Being the Nascar Whiner got Jeff second place. OK being first in points helped. :)

All the hate she got on this forum because she got more press than she deserved ? Turned out , it wasn't that at all.

Never will forget, "the feisty little fire brand out there mixing it up with the boys.”

Wish they'd do more of that when things get strung out.

I would have thought Danica had earned more mentions. At least two wave arounds per race, and the frequent lucky dogs should be worth something.

Back
Top Bottom