NASCAR's new rule for conduct under caution.

I think they got it right for the most part. Sometimes the in-car footage will show drivers unbuckling before the rest of the field has passed their accident scene, and that always makes me cringe when I see it. Personally, incidents like this one have made me think for a long time that drivers should stay buckled until they know the accident scene is safe and clear:

Also speaks volumes for NASCAR implementing the no racing back to the line rule

Also speaks volumes for NASCAR implementing the no racing back to the line rule
Definitely. It's also a good demonstration of how important it is for the responders to use their vehicles to help protect the scene.

Jimmy Johnson made some good points. He said that most of the time the driver wants to get out of the car after a wreck, he wants to sometimes get out and look at the damage weather he is mad or not to see how bad it is. he said that even at Pocono the cars are running past at 70MPH, and we all know how dangerous it is changing a tire beside the interstate. He also said that fans that think that the entertainment is lost with drivers staying in the cars are fans for the wrong reasons.

So the video television shows all the time are now historical items. I wonder if NASCAR will instruct TV not to show those explosive moments (which would be like telling a drunk not to drink). How many drivers will be fined at Bristol?

This is a dumb rule, IMO. When drivers get out of their cars, they're already surrounded by safety officials. When they throw helmets or flip other drivers off, they've usually got an army of safety officials beside them. This is a total knee-jerk rule.

Wally Dallenbach said it best. What are they going to be showing during promos for the Bristol Night Race? And now, that behavior has been banned by NASCAR.

Yeah, probably.

As a substitute for allowing the emotion to be shown, maybe NASCAR can hand the driver his/her smartphone upon their exit of the mandatory infield care center visit? At that point the driver can then be given the option of taking to Twitter to let their frustrations known. The highlights won't be quite as exciting but at least everyone will be safe. o_O

And show the tweet on the jumbotron.

Hard racing. Sparks flying. Guys spinning each other out. Previous victory lane celebrations. :idunno:

fans that think that the entertainment is lost with drivers staying in the cars are fans for the wrong reasons.

Every Bristol commercial I've ever seen has a Tony Stewart helmet toss, or a Ward Burton heel pad toss.

This is just like NASCAR making a rule banning cell phones in racecars while still promoting how great Brad Keselowski's in-car tweet during the 2012 Daytona 500 was.

Like Johnson said, fans for the wrong reasons, I have never remembered me waiting to watch a race drooling and mouth breathing for a good wreck and a fight. Hard racing yeah I'm down for that.

Every Bristol commercial I've ever seen has a Tony Stewart helmet toss, or a Ward Burton heel pad toss.

This is just like NASCAR making a rule banning cell phones in racecars while still promoting how great Brad Keselowski's in-car tweet during the 2012 Daytona 500 was.

you need to stay focused, this isn't about dredging up all your past resentments swimming around in your brain. And BTW, they suggested that drivers stay in their cars and have a rule for it..doesn't mean it isn't going to happen in the future anyway.

Like Johnson said, fans for the wrong reasons, I have never remembered me waiting to watch a race drooling and mouth breathing for a good wreck and a fight. Hard racing yeah I'm down for that.

It's part of the show and always has been.

20,000 people go to races at a football field in Winston Salem, NC each week because of fights and wrecks. While that's an extreme example, it's proof that it's an entertainment aspect people enjoy. Granted, those people are NOT race fans and most of the people who go to that place will tell you they'd never go to another racetrack.

you need to stay focused, this isn't about dredging up all your past resentments swimming around in your brain. And BTW, they suggested that drivers stay in their cars and have a rule for it..doesn't mean it isn't going to happen in the future anyway.

It's the hypocrisy of the entire thing. NASCAR's going to show helmet tosses and gestures during Bristol promos. They'll produce documentaries for FOX Sports 1 and NBC Sports Network featuring "the greatest fights" and "rivalries" which feature the same thing. Daytona, they'll show "the fight" over and over again. But, it's all banned behavior.

fight.jpg

From a safety standpoint it is probably a good idea.
But I sure will miss things like Jimmy Spencer, standing in the middle of the track, showing his backside to Kurt Busch.

It's the hypocrisy of the entire thing. NASCAR's going to show helmet tosses and gestures during Bristol promos. They'll produce documentaries for FOX Sports 1 and NBC Sports Network featuring "the greatest fights" and "rivalries" which feature the same thing. Daytona, they'll show "the fight" over and over again. But, it's all banned behavior.
can really say who produces what to show on the tube. Might be Nascar, might be the networks, probably both. But it will disappear for a while until the heat goes away.

Three of those commercials don't have anything to do with racing.
They are all bristol race commercials. 0 of them show drivers standing anywhere on the track.

You said every commercial you've seen. Apparently you haven't seen all of them.

@AndyMarquisLive

Ryan Prak O'Hara

16 mins ·

What is ‪#‎NASCAR‬ going to do now for Bristol promos? By all means, NASCAR will probably show clips of people showing emotion, throwing helmets, pointing fingers to hype up Bristol, but everyone knows it is not going to happen.
Ryan Prak O'Hara

16 mins ·

What is ‪#‎NASCAR‬ going to do now for Bristol promos? By all means, NASCAR will probably show clips of people showing emotion, throwing helmets, pointing fingers to hype up Bristol, but everyone knows it is not going to happen.
Ryan Prak O'Hara

18 mins ·

Why not just cut caution speed in half? I think that's a lot safer than this rule. What's gonna happen when there's a wrecked car in the racing groove? Cars will still be speeding by at 60 mph 15 feet from track workers.

And I don't mind fights in Nascar. Its human nature to enjoy a couple guys tossing helmets and throwing punches. Just like a bar room brawl or a hockey fight.

From a safety standpoint it is probably a good idea.
But I sure will miss things like Jimmy Spencer, standing in the middle of the track, showing his backside to Kurt Busch.

FTR, Kurt was showing his backside.
I will not miss that but Lisa probably will.

I am devastated. There just aint nothing like seeing a grown man cry, I mean throw his helment, gloves etc.
The best ones could flip their gloves at em with such elegance. And oh my God when Danica gave Smith her best two fingers at Bristol......

So sad, truly something has been lost, it is well nigh sundown on our existence.

I am devastated. There just aint nothing like seeing a grown man cry, I mean throw his helment, gloves etc.
The best ones could flip their gloves at em with such elegance. And oh my God when Danica gave Smith her best two fingers at Bristol......

So sad, truly something has been lost, it is well nigh sundown on our existence.

Yes there is, watching some actual good racing is much better than watching rich adults act like children.

Why not just cut caution speed in half? I think that's a lot safer than this rule. What's gonna happen when there's a wrecked car in the racing groove? Cars will still be speeding by at 60 mph 15 feet from track workers.

And I don't mind fights in Nascar. Its human nature to enjoy a couple guys tossing helmets and throwing punches. Just like a bar room brawl or a hockey fight.
Tracks with a certain banking degree, the cars must maintain a minimum speed or they will begin to slide down the hill

@AndyMarquisLive

Ryan Prak O'Hara

16 mins ·
Ryan Prak O'Hara

16 mins ·
Ryan Prak O'Hara

18 mins ·
I dont watch racing to watch bristol race promos

This rule will be modified a few times before they're happy with it. Getting safety crews on the scene quicker to establish a buffer zone would help a lot IMHO. With the right tweaks helmet throwing, finger flipping and what have you will be resuscitated.

NASCAR isn't the one making the promos. It's the tracks and TV networks.

Nascar could always set up a helment throwing, glove throwing, hans device throwing, bird shooting, and cussing exhibitions during speedweeks and all star week for those greiving over the loss of these most important moments of personality.

And for the most epic display of "you better hold me back before I kill him" Nascar badassery : They also could set up fly swatting matches[for the unlearnt it works like boxing . But it is modified like no contact flag contact football. The contests (drivers) are judged on how much air their punchless punches capture, and how much huffy puffy pouty smack talk they can dish out during the important follow up interviews].

Tracks with a certain banking degree, the cars must maintain a minimum speed or they will begin to slide down the hill

I dont watch racing to watch bristol race promos

What in the hell have you been smoking ?

Back
Top Bottom