NASCAR's new rule for conduct under caution.

This is a dumb rule, IMO. When drivers get out of their cars, they're already surrounded by safety officials. When they throw helmets or flip other drivers off, they've usually got an army of safety officials beside them. This is a total knee-jerk rule.

Wally Dallenbach said it best. What are they going to be showing during promos for the Bristol Night Race? And now, that behavior has been banned by NASCAR.
Thanks andy.. well said, couldn't agree more

Odd how Pemberton said when asked about killing the drama. 'Right now, it's safety first'.

Definitely a reaction to criticism from the media that thinks that was a nascar race Tony was in.

Nascar had to be "proactive"? that is the politically correct term anyway. Trying to separate themselves from the ignorant masses who only know Tony Stewart drives a race car, I think he drives for Nascar is a losing proposition.

People wanting personality and charisma should watch Pembertons inspiring and compelling delivery today outlining the new helpful guidelines.

I was under the impression these rules already exist. I thought drivers were supposed to stay in their cars after accidents. Drivers were supposed to slow down under caution, and Drivers were not allowed to run toward other moving cars on foot on the race track. It seems like NASCAR thought of this kind of stuff already.

Yeah, probably.

As a substitute for allowing the emotion to be shown, maybe NASCAR can hand the driver his/her smartphone upon their exit of the mandatory infield care center visit? At that point the driver can then be given the option of taking to Twitter to let their frustrations known. The highlights won't be quite as exciting but at least everyone will be safe. o_O
Imagine how exciting the finish of the 79 Daytona 500 would have been if Yarborough and Donnie Allison had started tweeting each other.

I like the tweeting idea, i don't think it will stop the emotion of racing. I believe tweeting will enhance emotion as sometimes, it's probably a good thing other drivers don't hear what they have to say at that particular moment. I say tweet away drivers, let us know how you really feel!

I like the tweeting idea, i don't think it will stop the emotion of racing. I believe tweeting will enhance emotion as sometimes, it's probably a good thing other drivers don't hear what they have to say at that particular moment. I say tweet away drivers, let us know how you really feel!

I think you forgot to add this: :sarcasm:

Denny Hamilton and Dale Jr bump and almost wreck on a restart. Dale says on the radio, "tweet Denny should either pull his head out of his @SS, or move back in with his mother." Hamilton, and the fans, get the tweet and over the radio Denny hears, "Dale just said that your a mommas boy" Tweeting could provide a platform for emotional conflict to fester. However, I don't see it happening because what they say would be thrown back at them and hurt their image. I don't tweet, but isn't it instant? Couldn't you tweet, "FU Hamilton" and he would instantly get it?

Denny Hamilton and Dale Jr bump and almost wreck on a restart. Dale says on the radio, "tweet Denny should either pull his head out of his @SS, or move back in with his mother." Hamilton, and the fans, get the tweet and over the radio Denny hears, "Dale just said that your a mommas boy" Tweeting could provide a platform for emotional conflict to fester. However, I don't see it happening because what they say would be thrown back at them and hurt their image. I don't tweet, but isn't it instant? Couldn't you tweet, "FU Hamilton" and he would instantly get it?

Hamilton retired years ago, so a tweet like that might confuse him more than anything. Unless he's divorced.

Apparently, this new rule applies to NASCAR sanctioned short tracks as well, meaning it applies to Bowman Gray. :XXROFL::XXROFL: Good luck with that.

Maybe they could let drivers talk to each other on the radio again. Could result in some hilarity if you have 43 channels and with each driver's car number serving as their car number.

Ricky Stenhouse: "God................<insert dirty talk>"

Denny Hamlin: "What the **** dude? I'm going to put your ass in the wall."

---

Ricky Stenhouse: "I can't wait to <dirty talk>."

Marcos Ambrose: "Crikey! You are one weird bloke."

---

Danica Patrick: "Did you put the clothes in the dryer before we left home?"

Kyle Busch: "Samantha?"

Maybe they could let drivers talk to each other on the radio again. Could result in some hilarity if you have 43 channels and with each driver's car number serving as their car number.

Ricky Stenhouse: "God................<insert dirty talk>"

Denny Hamlin: "What the **** dude? I'm going to put your ass in the wall."

---

Ricky Stenhouse: "I can't wait to <dirty talk>."

Marcos Ambrose: "Crikey! You are one weird bloke."

---

Danica Patrick: "Did you put the clothes in the dryer before we left home?"

Kyle Busch: "Samantha?"
:XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL:

BvFNw6oIgAAl9b6.jpg:large

maybe a reread of dp 's op is in order ?

specially last sentence ! lotsa bark .......little bite in rule......unless......idiot driver acts an azz .....etc

nascar had ta address this issue.......for several reasons:
-----liability.....should similar tony / ward event ever occur in nascar future......?? .....but still ??.
ex. --- montoya / jet dryer.
just corp cya.
-------pr .......for non nascar nitwits. mass media. something's bein done........via press release.
-------pr .......for casual fan tv audience. via tv talkin heads this weekend / beyond. same reason.

as soi said.....just bein proactive......not defensive.

interviews .....post wreck .....become vent now ??

I could give two ***** about "emotion" right after a wreck. "emotion" killed someone and its not like drivers can't vent in other ways. Now, I don't think what happened to Ward would ever happen in Nascar but that's not the point.

I know of Denny Hamlin, at one time Bobby Hamilton...who the hell is Denny Hamilton??

That just adds to the evidence the guys a troll who doesn't watch racing. Tony Stewart's tragedy brought him/her here (and a few others) but now it's time to exit stage left.

I don't see this rule enhancement really changing a whole lot. Drivers will still get out of their cars and whose to say they didn't feel threatened of eminent danger? The birds will still be free to fly as well as any other object available at the time, just don't get on the track.

At no time should a driver or crew member(s) approach another moving vehicle.

Does this mean the pit crew has too wait to approach the race car until it is completely stopped?

You took the question that immediately popped into my head!

If the rule is to be true then the pit crews can not go over the wall until all cars are in their pit stalls and stopped.

At no time should a driver or crew member(s) approach another moving vehicle.

Does this mean the pit crew has too wait to approach the race car until it is completely stopped?

You need to read the first paragraph for context.

Common sense people. This rule is nothing more than that. They simply don't what happened last weekend happen with a NASCAR sanctioned race. It has nothing to do with pit crews pitting moving cars. It's only about drivers getting out of their cars and confronting other competitors. They also don't want crew members confronting other competitors, (ie. going after a car in motion). This isn't rocket science.

Kinda interesting. What we are told put us on the map to begin with.....

@bobdillner

Interesting - w/new rule, the incident that helped make #NASCAR - '79 #Daytona500 fight w/ B. Allison & Yarborough would be against rules.

There were a lot of things that made that race pivotal, I think the fight gets to much cred for the following growth that would have happened anyway.

The race itself was the majic, hard to believe the fight should be mentioned above Yaborough and Donnie Allison actually slamming and bamming in their cars down the Daytona backstretch on the last lap with the race on the line, and I remember that footage the most in the immediate aftermath.

They both had great stories, Cale had made up three laps and Donnie had made up one or two himself due to an earlier altercation.
Cale and Jr Johnson having reeled off 3 consecutive titles was the Jimmie Johnson/ Chad Knaus of the day entering the 79, 500 and the race was a just a great intense classic between those two.

Then there was also the oft mentioned first national live flag to flag of coverage of one of the marquee events.
With a perfectly timed snowstorm that blanketed the east coast creating a bigger audience, one that existed with no internet, and only 3 National TV networks.

The normaly disinterested elderly church lady neighbor next door even spent her day watching (real example I talked to Mrs Spencer about the race a few days earlier).

Richard Petty also snapped a 46 race winless steak. He was the by far the most well known celebrated nascar figure of that era.
But he entered the event in the slump. Some context or background : For the August 1978 Michigan event, Petty showed up with a Monte Carlo he had just purchased from Cecil Gordon.
Leaving Dodge/Plymouth was probably the biggest punt or inventention I ever saw from Petty Enterprises in their prime years.
It also was a my first recollection of Richard racing a car they didnt build at Petty Enterprises.
It was evidence how huge that slump was, and no other winner at that hour could have been any more popular.

The fight was a good conversation piece, but it didnt compare to anything from that race.
One other point the Yaborough/Allison fight wasnt as superficial as the lame helment tossing anyway. Bobby and Cale were not TV hogs trying to get a chest thumping moment, or hiding behind their pit crews.
We have a lot pretenders today that do not want a fight, the helment tossing stuff is an equivalent to a school girl talking up a fight that she knows she doesnt want.

Just my two cents.

It won't change much, you know these guys & one chick will find a way to get around the rule..... They're race car driver's.

I wonder how consistent nascar will be with handling this penalty out

It won't change much, you know these guys & one chick will find a way to get around the rule..... They're race car driver's.

Exactly. So once they start getting parked, they will stop getting out of their cars and setting horrible examples for younger racers.

Exactly. So once they start getting parked, they will stop getting out of their cars and setting horrible examples for younger racers.

Not if it's within the rules and the opportunity presents itself. They just can't advance onto the track or apron, one can throw a bird quite a distance without much effort.

If the drivers wives and girlfriends would just agree to catfight each other completely with the renting of garments. All while on camera the drivers would be free not to worry about all of the necessary pouting obligations.

Not if it's within the rules and the opportunity presents itself. They just can't advance onto the track or apron, one can throw a bird quite a distance without much effort.

That's the damn thing we are trying to stop, so that's fine with me.

Anything to stop giving the kids the bad example on how to act after a wreck.

That's the damn thing we are trying to stop, so that's fine with me.

Anything to stop giving the kids the bad example on how to act after a wreck.

Why have professional sports of any kind then???? players are going to show emotion and that will never stop. We may not agree with their actions, I know I don't want to watch a bunch of emotionless robots taking the field of play.

Why have professional sports of any kind then???? players are going to show emotion and that will never stop. We may not agree with their actions, I know I don't want to watch a bunch of emotionless robots taking the field of play.

Not being able to confront A CAR with your person does not equal emotionless robots.

It equals protecting idiots from their own stupidity and not teaching kids that it's alright to go after a moving car which could cause your death. The idea that people are complaining about this is insanity. If you are watching for the fights after wrecks, you should watch UFC or something cause NASCAR is the wrong sport for you.

Not being able to confront A CAR with your person does not equal emotionless robots.

It equals protecting idiots from their own stupidity and not teaching kids that it's alright to go after a moving car which could cause your death. The idea that people are complaining about this is insanity. If you are watching for the fights after wrecks, you should watch UFC or something cause NASCAR is the wrong sport for you.
I, for one, won't miss the occasional paper tiger throwing a pair of gloves at a 3,300-pound machine.

I think you misunderstand. I'm saying if they want to continue doing these things they will find ways within the rules to do so. I don't care one way or the other but boys will be boys and one girl.

I think you misunderstand. I'm saying if they want to continue doing these things they will find ways within the rules to do so. I don't care one way or the other but boys will be boys and one girl.

Yes and once again, as long as they are doing these things in the in the relative safety of the garage area or actually inside their car then fine. But the idea that these guys have to get out and put themselves and others in danger to show emotion is crazy.

Back
Top Bottom