My Aunt passed away

Bobw

Team Owner
Just got the call my Aunt Cre, Lucretia, passed away last night. It's been expected for a while. Her health has slowly been failing, she was 104. Feisty old bird, last of my Dad's siblings. She still drove her Winny, a Winnebago to Seabee's reunions every year until she turned 80 and then turned the wheel over to my cousins husband who he says she bitched every mile about his driving. He's a retired long haul trucker. .
She had plans to return here this summer to visit the old homestead and see her latest great, great, great, great grandkids.
She buried 3 husbands, she was a fun lovin' gal I've heard.
Details to be worked out but there is a family plot with a space for her up here.
If so I gotta buy a new suit as all mine have shrunk from spending the past years in the darkness in the closet.
She had one hell of a life.

Just got the call my Aunt Cre, Lucretia, passed away last night. It's been expected for a while. Her health has slowly been failing, she was 104. Feisty old bird, last of my Dad's siblings. She still drove her Winny, a Winnebago to Seabee's reunions every year until she turned 80 and then turned the wheel over to my cousins husband who he says she bitched every mile about his driving. He's a retired long haul trucker. .
She had plans to return here this summer to visit the old homestead and see her latest great, great, great, great grandkids.
She buried 3 husbands, she was a fun lovin' gal I've heard.
Details to be worked out but there is a family plot with a space for her up here.
If so I gotta buy a new suit as all mine have shrunk from spending the past years in the darkness in the closet.
She had one hell of a life.

Sorry for your loss, and from your post I agree she lived a great life.
RIP.

Sorry to hear that Bob. It's always hard when you lose someone but her life sure had gone into extra innings,,,104!

RIP Aunt Cre.

sincere condolences Bob

Sorry for your loss...my Grandpa lived to be 100...but he certainly wasn't ready to go when the "old man's friend - pnuemonia" got him.

From what I can tell - with good genes and proper care and no odd-ball things getting you - an average age of 80 is fairly well expectable.

My Grandpa was born in 1896. He saw everything. The invention of the car and airplane - two world wars - and even flew out from Southern Illinois to California to visit his daughter on a Boeing 707 Jet.

I'm sure Lucretia lived a similar life. God be with her - you will meet her again.

P.S. - My Grandpa never believed we landed on the moon - he said that was b_llsh!t :)

Sorry for your loss...my Grandpa lived to be 100...but he certainly wasn't ready to go when the "old man's friend - pnuemonia" got him.

From what I can tell - with good genes and proper care and no odd-ball things getting you - an average age of 80 is fairly well expectable.

My Grandpa was born in 1896. He saw everything. The invention of the car and airplane - two world wars - and even flew out from Southern Illinois to California to visit his daughter on a Boeing 707 Jet.

I'm sure Lucretia lived a similar life. God be with her - you will meet her again.

P.S. - My Grandpa never believed we landed on the moon - he said that was b_llsh!t :)
Just a side note, there are people out there who insist that the moon landing was fake but pro wrestling is real, so take that for what it is worth.

You have my sincerest condolences Bob. My wife's grandma lived to be 97 and she was 5 feet of concrete. She certainly lived a very full life and left her mark on many, it sounds like your aunt had the same experience.

Back
Top Bottom