NasTruck racing @ ChicagoLand

Dillon truck fails post race at Chicagoland: The #20 NTS Motorsports Chevy driven by Austin Dillon at Chicagoland Speedway "was found too low in the front," in post race inspection according to NASCAR's Truck Series Twitter page. Dillon led 28 laps and finished third on Saturday night.

Damn, why are all these cup guys doing this?

:rolleyes: Because the drivers build the race cars

Well why would the CREW for someone from CUP do this. The drivers probably know, just don't care to cheat. Hell Austin is someone I cheer for, and i still shake my head at it that someone driver,crew, or crew chief would be ok cheating for a damn cup guy.

Because the Cup guys racing in lower series only care about wins. They are not eligible for the championship so they don't mind pushing the limits more..

Because the Cup guys racing in lower series only care about wins. They are not eligible for the championship so they don't mind pushing the limits more..

Good point, the casual fan only remembers who won, days later the penalties are assessed. The got rid of the too low rule in Cup, but have been busting teams all year in the trucks. It's a freakin mess, expensive fines and points loss for low buck full time truck teams, so they probably try to stay legal, but the big buck teams seem to care less, and Nascar gets to pocket the money with a nod and a wink. Nascar penalizes them money, points(they don't have any), and owners points..who cares there also they aren't running a full schedule, but to full timers though, that matters. Can't really blame the cup bandits, but it isn't right or fair to the others who are racing full time, IMO, they aren't racing on a level playing field. I think if you run another series full time and are racing in another series and get caught cheating, you lose everything no matter which place you finish. Make it even if you want to come down to the lower leagues, run legal with everybody or don't run.

Last edited:
Good point, the casual fan only remembers who won, days later the penalties are assessed. The got rid of the too low rule in Cup, but have been busting teams all year in the trucks. It's a freakin mess, expensive fines and points loss for low buck full time truck teams, so they probably try to stay legal, but the big buck teams seem to care less, and Nascar gets to pocket the money with a nod and a wink. Nascar penalizes them money, points(they don't have any), and owners points..who cares there also they aren't running a full schedule, but to full timers though, that matters. Can't really blame the cup bandits, but it isn't right or fair to the others who are racing full time, IMO, they aren't racing on a level playing field. I think if you run another series full time and are racing in another series and get caught cheating, you lose everything no matter which place you finish. Make it even if you want to come down to the lower leagues, run legal with everybody or don't run.
I think they should get rid of the height rules in Trucks and Natiionwide. Would help even the playing field.

Sticky dampers can hardly be called cheating, its a terrible reality but shocks stick and springs sack out from use. Truck was proper height before race but too low after

Kyle Busch number 51 truck must have been legal. I do believe that young man may actually know a bit about driving those shoe boxes. :eek:

I think they should get rid of the height rules in Trucks and Natiionwide. Would help even the playing field.
yep, costs a lot less to not have to run trick shocks. And to add insult to injury, after you spend all the shock money to be legal, a part failure costs you. If you are a low buck team and most of them are in the trucks, you can't throw caution to the wind and take a loss in money and positions.

Dillon truck fails post race at Chicagoland: The #20 NTS Motorsports Chevy driven by Austin Dillon at Chicagoland Speedway "was found too low in the front," in post race inspection according to NASCAR's Truck Series Twitter page. Dillon led 28 laps and finished third on Saturday night.

Gotta be Kyle's fault.

So, an NTS Motorsports crew chief gets suspended for multiple infractions but no one at KBM does? Fascinating.

Since No. 20 crew chief Chris Rice was already under probation through the end of the year from a P3 level penalty that occurred during the NASCAR Nationwide Series event at Bristol on March 15, NASCAR used the applicable Recurrence Multiplier -- as outlined in the rule book -- when assessing the severity of the penalty. As a result, Rice has been fined $7,500 and suspended from NASCAR through Sept. 24. His NASCAR probation remains intact through Dec. 31.

Bob Newberry, owner of the No. 20 truck, has been penalized with the loss of 10 truck owner points.

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/sto...on-truck-091714?cmpid=tsmfb:fscom:nascaronfox

Back
Top Bottom