Nationwide race @ Darlington

This all being said, I wouldn't argue that Jimmie has more "raw talent" than guys like Tony Stewart or Kurt Busch, but raw talent isn't always what matters in racing.

We wouldn't be having this much fun tonight if there were no night race :D
I must say, there's nothing better than a good race under the lights! This is the first year I've been consistently watching the Nationwide series. I've been following Chase Elliott for years now, and I'm glad to see him doing so well. Now he's definitely somebody with great, raw talent. Put him in a Hendrick car and it wouldn't surprise me if he won more than Jeff Gordon.

We wouldn't be having this much fun tonight if there were no night race :D

That we can agree on. But something we won't? The last restart, Kenseth had a run on the outside, brother Busch was on the inside and I would swear that Kyle pinched Kenseth up and took away his momentum. Looked like Kenseth lost a place over it.

That we can agree on. But something we won't? The last restart, Kenseth had a run on the outside, brother Busch was on the inside and I would swear that Kyle pinched Kenseth up and took away his momentum. Looked like Kenseth lost a place over it.
Didn't catch it, my eyes were glued to the 9's in car camera on Race Buddy (wish they had that every week for Cup, it's awesome!).

Chase Elliott is making the Naitonwide races exciting again. This is the first Nationwide race in a long time that i have watched from start to finish without fast forwarding through any of it. My hats off to Chase and the whole NAPA team. I hope tomorrows Cup race is as exciting as this one was.:)

I must say, there's nothing better than a good race under the lights! This is the first year I've been consistently watching the Nationwide series. I've been following Chase Elliott for years now, and I'm glad to see him doing so well. Now he's definitely somebody with great, raw talent. Put him in a Hendrick car and it wouldn't surprise me if he won more than Jeff Gordon.
Absolutely! I'm just busting your chops a little (you being a Chevy guy, and all.) No disrespect or hard feelings meant. Just funning after a great Friday night race.
(Jimmie ain't the best, though :mad:)

Chase Elliott is making the Naitonwide races exciting again. This is the first Nationwide race in a long time that i have watched from start to finish without fast forwarding through any of it. My hats off to Chase and the whole NAPA team. I hope tomorrows Cup race is as exciting as this one was.:)
Drivers like Chase Elliott and Kyle Larson are so good for the sport.

Absolutely! I'm just busting your chops a little (you being a Chevy guy, and all.) No disrespect or hard feelings meant. Just funning after a great Friday night race.
(Jimmie ain't the best, though :mad:)
It's alllll goooood :nyanya:

I think what's surprising a lot of people is how he's been so successful so quickly. He's had a top-10 finish in every race he's run this year except for Daytona, but who counts that :p

Same, I didn't watch last week until I saw his name on top of the NASCAR.com leaderboard.

Didn't catch it, my eyes were glued to the 9's in car camera on Race Buddy (wish they had that every week for Cup, it's awesome!).
I was watching all of them. Kyle did what he does on late restarts when he is mostly on the inside, try to get a jump and drive by down low. He got a hell of a run but couldn't hang down low so he came up to the middle. I think it was turn three when he slid up and pinched Kenseth. Elliott came out of nowhere up top, Sadler fooled me, I thought he was toast on two tires with that bunch of hungry hounds behind him on four..

Funny thing, I met up with a buddy of mine on the train back from the March race at ACS. He has some really awesome season box seats behind home plate at Dodger Stadium. He related a story where one of his friends was commenting about the recent attacks at a local ballgame. He told the guy that he'd been at NASCAR races for the past 10 years with a bunch of drunk-ass, redneck NASCAR fans and never saw one fight. While we clown each other (HARD) for our support of our drivers, we can have a beer and tailgate a burger without it getting out of hand.
Cheers :cheers:

Funny thing, I met up with a buddy of mine on the train back from the March race at ACS. He has some really awesome season box seats behind home plate at Dodger Stadium. He related a story where one of his friends was commenting about the recent attacks at a local ballgame. He told the guy that he'd been at NASCAR races for the past 10 years with a bunch of drunk-ass, redneck NASCAR fans and never saw one fight. While we clown each other (HARD) for our support of our drivers, we can have a beer and tailgate a burger without it getting out of hand.
Cheers :cheers:

Yeah man, try putting 10 Red Sox and 10 Yankee fans in a room together and see how long they last ;)

Yeah man, try putting 10 Red Sox and 10 Yankee fans in a room together and see how long they last ;)
I've seen more fights at a Red Sox vs Yankee game at Fenway, especially in the bleachers, than at all the hockey games I've ever watched. Nascar fans are great never seen a fight at any of the Cup races I've been too, local level ....well that is a different story, it gets ugly sometimes.

I've seen more fights at a Red Sox vs Yankee game at Fenway, especially in the bleachers, than at all the hockey games I've ever watched. Nascar fans are great never seen a fight at any of the Cup races I've been too, local level ....well that is a different story, it gets ugly sometimes.
Rivalries get pretty intense, but they're so petty (at least to me, as an outsider haha). It's just a game people!

Bk_ONNECAAACvfu.jpg:large

Bk_ePmVCAAAZiMH.jpg:large

Bk_L_DICYAENHME.jpg:large

Considering SHR already has 4 cars and Elliott has been 'linked' to the 24 since he was 15, it still looks like HMS is where he's realistically going to end up.

Yes they have four cars but only three do any real work. Besides, I didn't know Mr. Gordon is ready to hang it up!

Went to see Black Sabbath last night ( XD effin awesome!) so I DVR'd the race... and for the first tie didn't ruin it by coming online... Boooy am I glad I did because that was one hell of a finish!! That chase Elliot is something Ill tell u what. Screw Larson Vs Dillon... Dillons already an after thought in the shadow of this 18 year old rookie!

Back
Top Bottom