NBC lady's golf? seriously?

Wasn't yesterday's race a PRN race? If so, here's a list of their PRN affiliates.....

VA Fredericksburg WFLS-FM 93.3 Washington, DC Country

Also, both MRN & PRN have a free app that allows you to listen to each of the races.

I usually listen to the race on this station, but it wasn't on yesterday...

I apologize if I'm reading you wrong, but it sounds like you're willing to pay for the conference channels to get all the college games, but not for Sunday Ticket to get all the NFL games? Is it a matter of the price difference? Do you see why your earlier comment confuses me?

You mention that you can't watch the NFL games without Sunday ticket, but failed to mention you're already paying for college conferences.

The $10/mo includes several channels that provide coverage for multiple sports year round. Conference channels, pro league networks, NBCSN/FS1, Velocity, etc.

NFL Sunday Ticket costs a few hundred bucks a year for something I could only watch for a few months, and is only available if I have DirecTV (which I don't).

I saw complains all day about how NBCSN costs $40 extra on a $120 cable package.

I get it as part of Playstation Vue's $30/month plan.

NASCAR races have always been on cable. Fans complain about anything.

If memory serves the cable channels that covered Nascar in the 80's and 90's were included in most basic packages. I recently redid my internet, phone and TV packages and was going with a package that didn't include FOX or NBC sports but it would have made for a less than satisfactory living situation as it would have flushed other channels that someone likes to watch.

Adam Stern ‏@A_S12 1h1 hour ago Charlotte, NC

.@NBCSN earned a 3.1 fast national for #Brickyard400, up 3% from a 3.0 in '15, and 5.2 million viewers, up 11% from last year's 4.7 million.

Adam Stern ‏@A_S12 60m60 minutes ago Charlotte, NC

#Brickyard400 viewership was the best since '13, making it better than when the more widely distributed ESPN aired it for final time in '14.

The bad thing about the NFL on TV though is that unless you live in your team's market or your team is really good, you probably won't be able to see them most weeks unless you have Sunday Ticket or go to a bar that has it. The NFL has up to 16 games every week but only 6 are televised: the Thursday Night game, the 3 Sunday day games, the Sunday Night game, and the Monday Night game. At least with NASCAR, as long as you have the network carrying the race, you'll be able to see your driver compete every week.

Just keep an eye on Marcus and Demarco and the juggernaut otherwise known as the TN Titans this year.

If memory serves the cable channels that covered Nascar in the 80's and 90's were included in most basic packages. I recently redid my internet, phone and TV packages and was going with a package that didn't include FOX or NBC sports but it would have made for a less than satisfactory living situation as it would have flushed other channels that someone likes to watch.
I'm waiting for the days of 'a la carte' programming to arrive. I don't mind paying for the Fox and NBC sports channels I want to watch; those are my options to exercise as I wish. It's the sports channels I don't care about but have to pay for anyway and can't drop that frost my shorts, including the umpteen ESPNs.

You can watch any college football game you want? Mind if I ask how? For example, I don't see how you can get a PAC-10 game if you're in the southeastern US's SEC and ACC television markets.

As long as I can watch the 'Noles win and the Fighting Amish of Yoder Dame lose I am happy.

I'm waiting for the days of 'a la carte' programming to arrive. I don't mind paying for the Fox and NBC sports channels I want to watch; those are my options to exercise as I wish. It's the sports channels I don't care about but have to pay for anyway and can't drop that frost my shorts, including the umpteen ESPNs.

Ain't that the truth. Nothing against the LGBT community or Women but I sure as heck don't need a bunch of channels geared to those audiences.

$78 a month on time warner and I get the channels to watch Nascar, F1, and Indy related events. Any more money than that and I'm out.

time warner is ok if you don't have to talk to anyone working there.

The bad thing about the NFL on TV though is that unless you live in your team's market or your team is really good, you probably won't be able to see them most weeks unless you have Sunday Ticket or go to a bar that has it. The NFL has up to 16 games every week but only 6 are televised: the Thursday Night game, the 3 Sunday day games, the Sunday Night game, and the Monday Night game. At least with NASCAR, as long as you have the network carrying the race, you'll be able to see your driver compete every week.

And you can only get Sunday Ticket on a VERY expensive satellite package.

Playstation Vue sounds awesome. I just checked out their website. Their lowest plan is $40, though. Not $30. It's still a really good deal for some decent channels including ESPN, ESPN2, NBCSN, FS1 and FS2. A comparable package on cable/satellite costs 2-3 times as much. Does it have DVR and can you skip commercials?
Huh, mine is $31.

And yes, it has DVR cloud storage.

I live in North Carolina. We can only get baseball if it's on FS1 or ESPN. And often times, it's blacked out because we have four "home" teams that are all seven hours away. And the regional networks that carry the "home" games aren't available at all. Nor is MLB TV.

NASCAR fans have it easy.

FX wasn't available when they had NASCAR in 2001.

FX wasn't available when they had NASCAR in 2001.

I am just going from memory and in the 80's and 90's I remember ESPN, TNN, and either TBS or TNT. IDK how long FX has been around for and I think the only programs I have ever watched on that channel was Son's of Anarchy and The Sheild

I am just going from memory and in the 80's and 90's I remember ESPN, TNN, and either TBS or TNT. IDK how long FX has been around for and I think the only programs I have ever watched on that channel was Son's of Anarchy and The Sheild
FX signed on June 1st, 1994

FX signed on June 1st, 1994

TY. I DVR everything I watch so I focus more on the program than the channel/network. I mainly watch British programming on Netflix and You Tube and only have DirecTv for NHL Center Ice and NFL Sunday Ticket. If there was a way I could get the NHL and Center Ice without having any sort of cable or satellite I would do so in a minute as I don't watch HGTV, Discovery or the local channels plus most other product offered that I am forced to take.

I often look back on TNN as the good ol' days of NASCAR coverage. Then I remind myself that even if I didn't get FS1 or NBCSN, broadcast TV alone still covers more NASCAR than TNN could jam in between 'Hee Haw' reruns. What I enjoyed most about them was their local short track coverage, and the more ... esoteric forms of motorsports (snowmobiles, swamp buggies, lawn mowers, etc.).

I often look back on TNN as the good ol' days of NASCAR coverage. Then I remind myself that even if I didn't get FS1 or NBCSN, broadcast TV alone still covers more NASCAR than TNN could jam in between 'Hee Haw' reruns. What I enjoyed most about them was their local short track coverage, and the more ... esoteric forms of motorsports (snowmobiles, swamp buggies, lawn mowers, etc.).
Right, TNN didnt air that many Cup races , their overall coverage was pretty good though.

I probably have more time on my hands then most people but even at that I just don't seem to have the time or desire to watch motorsports like I used to. I still enjoy snowmobile racing and USAC sanctioned events and tracks like Eldora, Winchester and IRP. We need some Thursday Night Thunder!

I probably have more time on my hands then most people but even at that I just don't seem to have the time or desire to watch motorsports like I used to. I still enjoy snowmobile racing and USAC sanctioned events and tracks like Eldora, Winchester and IRP. We need some Thursday Night Thunder!
All part of the fact that your brain is shrinking ... along with the rest of you. :eek:

The race was NBCSN last year too, so not sure why this is a revelation. I agree that it is probably done to give NBCSN a 'marquee' event while still allowing the empty stands and terrible racing to be hidden from casual fans.

Next race on NBC isn't until Darlington on Labor Day weekend.

And FYI the August 7th race at the Glen is on USA network

Next race on NBC isn't until Darlington on Labor Day weekend.

And FYI the August 7th race at the Glen is on USA network
The Xfinity race from the Glen is on CNBC, Mid Ohio, and the Bristol X race are on USA

After doing some research I found out it used to be $29.99 but they raised it. Looks like you got grandfathered in.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/vue/

Says right here it's $29.99 for Access Slim. Maybe it costs more to add some local channels or something but they aren't available here anyway. I just watch the broadcast races on NBC Live app on Roku.

It is really upsetting that in 1994 the race was on ABC and had a 9.0 rating!

Ladies playing golf? Damn, should have watched that instead.

Or hell, just have the Brickyard 400 be a golf game on Indy's golf course. Would be more interesting than yesterday's race.

I remember that too
It's nice that we can now argue about the quality of the coverage and whether we get the cable tier that covers practice and qualifying. Time was we had to wonder if the tape-delayed coverage would be the entire race or edited down to fit the broadcast window (if available at all).

I try not to complain too much about it since I can remember just getting bits and pieces of the race when it was on wide world of sports.
3 ten minute segments scrunched in between wrist wrestling from Petaluma and cliff diving from Acapulco.

3 ten minute segments scrunched in between wrist wrestling from Petaluma and cliff diving from Acapulco.
All those sports channels with time to fill, but do any of them cover cliff diving any more? What the hell has this country come to?

And there's a lot of valuable life lessons left untaught now that absolutely nobody shows the intellectual family entertainment that was plate spinning.

Now Get. Off. My. Lawn!

Disrespectful little maggots. Parents should be ashamed. .... Wonder if Denny's will let me get the special early?

Back
Top Bottom