New developer for NASCAR video games.

We understand that when it comes to racing type games, PC w wheel & pedal accs > console.

Its just that those of us who put money into buying the console, not just for racing games but for all variety of games, think the product for console racing games should be comparable to PC games. After all, we payed for it. We deserve it.

I would love to play Iracing, get in behind a real type racing with real points... Does I racing have legit damage and pit stops or anything like that? Wonder if my laptop can handle it? Anyway to find out?

I started out using my laptop for school with iRacing. Was limited but did what I needed it too until I got a desktop PC.

I started out using my laptop for school with iRacing. Was limited but did what I needed it too until I got a desktop PC.

Do you have any plans for a full racing sim ****pit? I plan on building one that models after the Toyota Tundra in the Camping World Truck Series. :D

Do you have any plans for a full racing sim ****pit? I plan on building one that models after the Toyota Tundra in the Camping World Truck Series. :D

That sounds awesome. I do plan to build a Ricmotech sim rig with triple screens, then maybe one day venture into metal rigs. Right now my main focus is getting my PC built to properly handle every aspect of iRacing. Then better pedals and from there on.

I'm using a pvc stand right now. I'll try to post a pic of it later

Update....http://dmigames.com/letter.html

Apparently Eutechnyx will be releasing a huge update to NASCAR 14 this spring, and then DMi will be releasing a full game in 2016. Eutechnyx will have no involvement in NASCAR games after this spring other than their car and track models being used by DMi for the 2016 game.

Update....http://dmigames.com/letter.html

Apparently Eutechnyx will be releasing a huge update to NASCAR 14 this spring, and then DMi will be releasing a full game in 2016. Eutechnyx will have no involvement in NASCAR games after this spring other than their car and track models being used by DMi for the 2016 game.

We were actually talking about this on the iRacing.com forums, and apparently Ed Martin does not have a good reputation in the sim racing community. He was responsible for EA's NASCAR games after Thunder, which apparently left a bad taste in people's mouth, and apparently he did work on Ethuynix's NASCAR games.

So....yea, wait and see what the dude produces for 2016, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

This is the pvc rig I made. I made some slight height and length modifications to it to fit me better. I then bought some pine wood and cut to size for the wheel mount and pedal mounts. Hardware, Schedule 80 1.50" PVC pipe and wood I was in around $65. Ebay has some like this for sale around $75 and up.

It's pretty sturdy and is working great until I get my Ricmotech full rig. Only bad thing is I don't have a shifter mount yet. But I have to get a h pattern shifter first. Right now I'm using the wheel's paddle shifters

racing rig.jpg

This is the pvc rig I made. I made some slight height and length modifications to it to fit me better. I then bought some pine wood and cut to size for the wheel mount and pedal mounts. Hardware, Schedule 80 1.50" PVC pipe and wood I was in around $65. Ebay has some like this for sale around $75 and up.

It's pretty sturdy and is working great until I get my Ricmotech full rig. Only bad thing is I don't have a shifter mount yet. But I have to get a h pattern shifter first. Right now I'm using the wheel's paddle shifters

View attachment 17016

Looking good man! Can't wait to see pictures! :D

I want the CSR Elites. I might even wait a bit more and get the ClubSport pedals.

Holy cow that AccuForce has a heavy price tag on it.

I want the CSR Elites. I might even wait a bit more and get the ClubSport pedals.

Holy cow that AccuForce has a heavy price tag on it.

Yea, but it's the best steering wheel system in the sim racing world right now. Also, it allows you to plug and play custom sim racing wheels, which is what I'm after. Other similar systems, you usually have to use an adaptive "Universal Hub" if you want to use a custom wheel.

With no warning , Eutechnyx shut down the NTG forum, so we all migrated over their main forum and took over the "Off Topic" section, then news came that they were shutting that forum down as well, and they did last week.

I have played all the Eutechnyx NASCAR games, and they all sucked, all were broken, and they just gave us a giant middle finger with the last game, and with Ed Martin being involved with DMI, I am not holding my breathe that there games are going to be any better.

There is some speculation that DMI is going to be using Eutechnyx coding , so if thats the case, its going to be the same turd in different packaging.

With no warning , Eutechnyx shut down the NTG forum, so we all migrated over their main forum and took over the "Off Topic" section, then news came that they were shutting that forum down as well, and they did last week.

I have played all the Eutechnyx NASCAR games, and they all sucked, all were broken, and they just gave us a giant middle finger with the last game, and with Ed Martin being involved with DMI, I am not holding my breathe that there games are going to be any better.

There is some speculation that DMI is going to be using Eutechnyx coding , so if thats the case, its going to be the same turd in different packaging.
see post number 9

Is this what ya'll are drooling over??

21bd6e_becddff1f4e34d298219fe09b4d15c7e.jpg_srz_p_1102_826_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

Before I'd spend that kind of money on a simulator, i'd put some money on a real race car. For the price of that I bet I could get a mx5 and set it up and have some money left over to register for a couple races. But it is badass

From the DMi site:
NASCAR ’15, which will be a season update to NASCAR ’14 together with some improvements will be released this Spring - online only – for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC. But it will not be a DMi game; the first DMi sim game will be in 2016 as mentioned above.

From the DMi site:
NASCAR ’15, which will be a season update to NASCAR ’14 together with some improvements will be released this Spring - online only – for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC. But it will not be a DMi game; the first DMi sim game will be in 2016 as mentioned above.
Why are they advertising their competitors?

I hope DMi can make a quality NASCAR game for console gamers. I've experienced previous games and ugh.

Forza and GT6 are quality console racing games but Forza lacked NASCAR content and GT6 only had 3 ovals (Indy, Daytona and Twin Ring) but had multiple NASCAR race cars.

I know I preach iRacing but I will say this; I had more fun racing on console. iRacing can be stressful at times because it offers realistic racing and your actions effect yourself and others. Which is awesome but it's nice to not have to worry about safety ratings and skill ratings on console. Although those rating systems do filter out the idiots and bad drivers, the fun factor is the only thing I miss about console racing games. Plus you get TONS of content with a single purchase.

There is no need to wait until 2016 for a good SIM game.

One is coming this March.

2740577-192_1416490084.168.0.13_screenshot_247.jpg

2740576-story_header_2_1416490086.jpg

2740578-192_1416490084.168.0.13_screenshot_252_1.jpg

2740579-192_1416490084.168.0.13_screenshot_289_1.jpg

That's right fellas, that's how the game is going to look.

Did you guys see that shot at 2:10 in the video? Looks like the old NASCAR cars from the 80s.

Did you guys see that shot at 2:10 in the video? Looks like the old NASCAR cars from the 80s.

Yeah that is sick. I wish iRacing could scan those cars and put them online. Would sell like candy.

Looks good but those pretty, HD videos aren't fooling me anymore. Forza ruined that.

Yeah that is sick. I wish iRacing could scan those cars and put them online. Would sell like candy.

Looks good but those pretty, HD videos aren't fooling me anymore. Forza ruined that.

I would have been a skeptic myself but there are actual gameplay videos of it on youtube if you look.

This game was suppose to be for the last gen but it couldn't handle the graphics so they postponed it so they can work with it for the PS4 and PC.

They also delayed this game from a November 2014 release to a 2015 March release date. That pissed me off but if it helps improve everything then that's a good thing.

I would have been a skeptic myself but there are actual gameplay videos of it on youtube if you look.

This game was suppose to be for the last gen but it couldn't handle the graphics so they postponed it so they can work with it for the PS4 and PC.

They also delayed this game from a November 2014 release to a 2015 March release date. That pissed me off but if it helps improve everything then that's a good thing.

yeah I have seen videos. Looks good no doubt but I don't ever fall into the hype anymore. You'll have to be sure and tell us how the 80's stock cars are.

Yeah that was back when they were working towards making it for the last gen. Lots has changed from 2012 to now so you can bet its a better product now.

Okay, it's official. I need a wheel, pedals, and an h-shifter.... Like now, thank you reck. You've made me want to spend money I don't have atm.:mad:

I need a raise.

LOL, you're welcome? :D

I really do prefer these SIM games over anything that EA or whomever comes up with NASCAR.

I rather have a little bit of NASCAR within a much bigger game that allows you to play with other series as well.

And my bad Matthew. Didn't mean to hijack your NASCAR game thread. lol

Yea, I admit, as much as I love iRacing and as much time and investment as I put into the simulator, there are times when I just want to "race" with friends and just have fun without worrying about my stats.

Which is why I join in on hosted Figure 8 races and just let loose. Those are really fun in the Street Stock cars because in iRacing the Street Stock car can really take a pounding. :D

Back
Top Bottom