Newbie post

J

Joe Prince

Hello everyone! I actually stumbled across this site by accident, took a look in, and realized I was reading for about 1 hour! so I registered. Nice site and good info, I am an avid racer/engine builder and I have had the pleasure and privlidge to work with some of the Top Winton Cup/Busch teams! I really miss not being in that loop anymore :( , but this may be the closest thing?

:D

Joe..

2000 Camaro SS A4.
LS1 346 ci
542/498 SAE 11.40 @3,456 lbs.

WELCOME!!!! :cheers: :bounce: :) This place is pretty great!

Which Winston Cup and Busch teams did you work for?

Welcoem to the board! Its always nice to have someone that knows alittle biut more about NASCAR than us! Pull up a chair and stay here and chat with us

Thanks guys! I never "brag" about my accomplishments or ever labled a name dropper to anyone unless I'm seriously asked, usually at a job interview lol! I'm a real humble, soft spoken guy that thinks too much! but to name a few people that I've had the pleasure to work with and on first name basis when I visit the tracks are..

Ray Evernham, I used to race at Wall Stadium and Flemington with him before he was even in Winston Cup back in 1993-5.

Jeff Gordon, my wife was friends with Brooke before the divorce, but I found her to be bit on the whinney side, kinda like an attention seeking 2 year old when Jeff and I would try to consult in his Transporter office before races.

Dale Sr. God rest his soul, he was one of my favorite customers back in 1997/1998 when he was still paired with Larry Mac.

Mark Harrah, Team Jasper is who I crewed with for 2 years for Testing and R&D back when Bobby Hillin Jr. was still driving.

Morgan Sheppard.

Joe Gibbs .

Mike Waltrip and Darrell. Awesome house and shop along with a pot belly pig in the yard!

Dave Marcis, awesome old schooler that raced with wing tip shoes on!

Jeff Hammond.

and he list goes on..

But, all in all I really enjoyed heckeling Rusty Wallace, especially at the Pocono 500 in 1996 when he hit the wall on the first lap after I just got done telling him at the Hotel the night before that he's gonna be Dale Sr's lap dog for the day! j/k But anyway, I had a big problem with there politics and had a falling out with Gary Nelson long story but that was the end of that chapter in my life, it's taken me this long to even get interested in NASCAR again untill recently.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! and I'll definatly be active here.

Joe.

all i gots to say is damn, nice resume, oh ya and welcome :D

Damn, I thought all along that Jeff was the whiney one! Hmmm, guess these people don't know the inside story! LOL. Welcome. :D

Welcome Joe.
Impressive...So no comments about Joe Gibbs? ^_^ Got any good stories?
Look forward to seeing lots of post from you. This is a pretty great place.

Welcome! Flemington R.I.P. , sad to see that track gone :(

Hey, so what do ya think of Todd Bodine? :p

Welcome aboard, Joe Prince! Glad to have someone aboard with a little insider information that can keep some of these yayhoo's in line~j/k guys!

Pull up a chair and keyboard and post away! :cheers:

Joe, have you ever talked with or worked with Ward Burton?

Sound like you've had a pretty exciting life! Welcome to the Family.

Welcome aboard Joe Prince. I am a newbie here also. We did some racing in the Trans Am series in season 2000. Our driver was Marybeth Harrison. Reason we are not racing now is lack of sponsorship, isnt that always the case. :rolleyes:

Ward 22,
No, I never worked with either of the Burton Bros.

Nascat22,
Thanks! and yes it's been pretty fun, BTW, did anyone cath the TLC program yesterday about drag racing at about 1:00PM? B) That was me in the black Camaro racing my friend Benji Weatherly!

RedRock,
Personally, I never liked Todd, sorry guys, just too much controversy and attitude for me.

DeeDee,
Joe Gibbs is an awesome individual and a great motivator from what I've seen, Jimmy Makar is cool too, he's from my state too, he used to live 3 Counties over from me at one time.

Thanks everyone else! :cheers:

Joe.

2000 Camaro SS A4.
LS1 346 ci
542/498 SAE 11.40 @3,456 lbs.

From one new member to another, Welcome to the board :salute: ... and start posting, I'm light years ahead of ya ! ;)

Hey Joe! Glad you saw the light and went Drag Racing!...hey, there is a pretty cool Drag Racing board here too! I bet you could pitch in.

Back
Top Bottom