Next four out

i keep seeing the name Newman.....this thread is next four out not the final four at Homestead, so better exchange Newman. ;)

It's not him personally, it's the Childress horsepower.
Newman
Edwards
Harvick (I feel the aggressive setup he's been using is contributing to his suspension failures and tire problems.)
Hamlin (I could also see Kahne or Kenseth)

Did u see a reason to think the 22 was a threat at Richmond, Bristol or New Hampshire? I mean even I pretty much wrote him off semi-annually at Richmond and New Hampshire for the past 5 years... now it will never surprise me to see him grab a win at any track. Having said that ..I do agree with the latter half of that statement.

If we're going to look into the past, my original statement on the matter stands.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he is the same guy that gave Tony Stewart some kind a funny name. I don't get Pearl either or KKK I guess Kahne?

Come on now, when they show a mugshot of Edwards what is the first thing one sees??? his pearly whites, Mr. Ed would have also worked but I didn't want to put the horse down. Kasey Kenneth Kahne, I didn't make this one up. His momma and daddy did.

Yeah, the only question is which JGR driver gets the blame when Prince Joey doesn't win at Homestead? I bet it's Hambone.
what.gif

... not that they'll be a factor by then

Last edited:
This is looking pretty likely to happen..

The tire fiasco at Kansas could turn Talladega into a very tame event, by plate standards. There could be 7 or 8 chasers riding around the back together simply hoping to out point those 4.

Why are you always so negative?
I would have used CAPS had I been real negative and maybe even some minus or less than signs.

I those drivers points racing decide to hang around the back while my driver goes for the win that's all right by me. ;) I don't think that is what we'll see but we'll know in a couple weeks.

Easy.. Who's in? Who's out?

Joey
Harvick
Busch
Newman
Gordon
Kenseth
Kahne
Dale Jr

Johnson
Keselowski
Edwards
Hamlin

Larson wins Charlotte.. everyone has mixed feelings

Talladega sorts the rest out. Kenseth wins.

Johnson, Keselowski, Newman, and Hamlin are my predicted next four out. Something in my gut says the 48 guys will blow it, but I hope that's not the case.

Hard to put Kahne or anyone in and leave Johnson out given his record there.

Jr. has the worst record statistics wise among the four out.

.....and it's on to the eliminator round.

8 drivers remaining.. one more cutoff until we have our final four.

I still think our final 4 will be the same drivers who have dominated the season, the same ones who are the only drivers to have won in the chase so far.

Gordon wins at M'Ville & Texas. Harvick takes Phoenix.

Final 4:
Gordon
Harvick
Kenseth
Keselowski

giphy.gif

Alright ladies and gentlemen... this is startin to get good!

With Brad and Harvick in basically what has become a must win situation... Kenseth and Newman on the inside hoping to hold off the rest of these guys from the top 4... Joey and Jeff clearly have become the favorites... but what about the rest?

Who's in? Who's out?

I have a feeling at least one between Kenseth and Newman will make it... I think the final 4 are going to be

Joey
Jeff
Kenseth
Edwards

Joey or Jeff wins Texas

Jeff or Carl wins Phoenix

Kez and Harvick both win

Kez
Harvick
Gordon
Newman

make the final race.