No Jr this week

I was prepared for this. Junior has to do what is best for Junior. Now... do I want Jeff to win? hmmmm Why not?! I'll be pulling for Jeff. The 88 team deserves it. That would be incredible for the team.

He'd still have to break into the top 30 in points, so good luck unless he wins both weeks.

Details ruin a good bitch session. How come nobody has brought up Kyle's 11 race vaca? Board is slacking.

Cn0QPNwUMAEHqx2.jpg:large

I was prepared for this. Junior has to do what is best for Junior. Now... do I want Jeff to win? hmmmm Why not?! I'll be pulling for Jeff. The 88 team deserves it. That would be incredible for the team.
I dunno. If Jeff climbs in and wins, what does that say about Jr.'s ability to win in the same equipment?

This is a little bittersweet as a Gordon fan that was at his last win and also last race.

However, I have plenty of Gordon shirt/Chase hat, Chase shirt/Gordon hat combos to get me through this just fine :headbang:
I was @ Martinsville as well. While I'm not really a Gordon fan, except these next two weeks, I wondered how you Gordon fans felt that spent the money to go watch his last race.

I was @ Martinsville as well. While I'm not really a Gordon fan, except these next two weeks, I wondered how you Gordon fans felt that spent the money to go watch his last race.
I guess I'll have to revert to "I was at his last race in the 24". :D

Hope Dale gets well. It will be interesting to hear his thoughts after this whole thing clears itself up. Not sure we should sign him up for retirement just yet.

Oh man, I wish I hadn't gone to Loudon last weekend. Would have rathered spend that money to go to Pocono now, ugh.

Happy for the Gordon fans.

Not to be the Debbie Downer of the group but how can you not put a young guy in the car to see if he can be something for you... especially considering the term "career-ending" is floating around one of your drivers.

Happy for the Gordon fans.

Not to be the Debbie Downer of the group but how can you not put a young guy in the car to see if he can be something for you... especially considering the term "career-ending" is floating around one of your drivers.
I wouldn't doubt if Axalta asked for Gordon in the car.

Idk who the sponsor is next week but with it being the Brickyard I could see them wanting a name.

This is devastating news:(

Sounds like my man may be nearing the end of the line. Not ready for NASCAR with out Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Will be pulling for Gordon this weekend. Cool to see the legend back on track at Indy.

So...I'm in CT. Is it true that "good seats" at Pocono are as hard to find and as expensive as an iPhone 2 days after its release? Advice appreciated. Might go in two weeks. It works out with work and all.

So...I'm in CT. Is it true that "good seats" at Pocono are as hard to find and as expensive as an iPhone 2 days after its release? Advice appreciated. Might go in two weeks. It works out with work and all.
$150 for some of the best seats there. Worth a single trip to the track just to have been there but that's a huge layout not worth a repeat visit for that price. Getting to see what may be JG's final race..... If you're a fan of his $150's probably a steal.

Reactions: Pat
There was a time when drivers risked life and limb to keep a ride. They weren't paid as well as drivers today, missing a race hurt financially. Plus research into concussions is a recent thing. There are probably a bunch of drivers today who would risk a lot to for a chance to run a car or stay in a car because not all drivers get a long career.

This is devastating news:(

Sounds like my man may be nearing the end of the line. Not ready for NASCAR with out Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Will be pulling for Gordon this weekend. Cool to see the legend back on track at Indy.
Im not ready to see JR go either. I LOVE that, to me, he talks how a race car driver SHOULD talk. Southern. Also I dont think NASCAR is ready for NASCAR without an Earnhardt. Someone else said it----It will be cool to see Jeff drive AGAINST the guy who replaced him....

Interesting twist to this most recent news. Get the pencil out NASCAR!

A HoF Waiver maybe? :eek:

@bobpockrass

NASCAR says plan is to wait and see how many races Gordon does before evaluating his Hall of Fame eligibility

From tweeter:
Wow. Gonna be a privilege to race with @JeffGordonWeb at the Brickyard this weekend. Get well soon @DaleJr! https://t.co/VuH2umZC1o

— Ryan Ellis (@ryanellisracing) July 20, 2016

I hope you feel better real soon, @DaleJr, it will be an honor to root for the #88 the next 2 weeks

— Ingrid Vandebosch (@ivandebosch) July 20, 2016

Hate this so much for the bossman @DaleJr .. But as always, he is leading by example on the right way to do things …

— Elliott Sadler (@Elliott_Sadler) July 20, 2016

I think it would be cool if @JeffGordonWeb won the Brickyard#NASCAR

— Mark Martin (@markmartin) July 20, 2016

I'm excited that @JeffGordonWeb will be racing at Indy & Pocono, but I wish it was under different circumstances. Get well soon@DaleJr!

— Rebecca (@Rebecca_Leigh16) July 20, 2016

Can't believe this. It's like Dirk retiring and then coming back for a couple of games. My favorite NASCAR driver is making a return.

— Cole Mentzel (@cole_mentzel) July 20, 2016

Hate it for @DaleJr but I'm happy to see @JeffGordonWeb back behind the wheel! Welcome back Jeff! #NASCAR

— E.J. O'Rourke (@ejorourke41) July 20, 2016

Kudos to @dalejr for having his priorities in correct order. Thank you @JeffGordonWeb for stepping up to help our driver and team!

— Ar McGovern (@ArMcG88) July 20, 2016

I hope you feel better real soon, @DaleJr, it will be an honor to root for the #88 the next 2 weeks

— Ingrid Vandebosch (@ivandebosch) July 20, 2016
File this under "Open Mouth, Insert Foot." It's *not cool* for Ingrid Vandebosch to imply she only supports the 88 when Jeff is driving. Why not last week? Why not the week before that?

Back
Top Bottom