No more standard start times

This will only bother me if DISH can't get its program guide correct, and my DVR misses part of the race. I mean, I had enough problems when the start times were "standard".

Bristol starting at 7:30 and Daytona 400 starting at 7:45 are ridiculous. We'll be up till midnight. Seems like there are more 1pm start times instead of 2 or 3pm. That's nice. Less time till racing and more time to cook a good dinner.

NXS Chicago race starts at 9pm, Truck race at Las Vegas starts at 10pm. This works out great as I'll already be asleep for two snoozefests.

Reactions: Pat
There not a big difference in start times in 2015 from 2014, most of the start times are close to how they were in 2015, NBC times are pretty close to the same times as well, nothing to get worked up over

We get worked up about everything here. And I mean everything.
Yeah, I am aware of this, but nothing new, its just how us NASCAR fans are, its in our blood to get worked up over the most littlest of things

Start the damn things at 12 PM and 6 PM central time. Cause I said so. :cool:

Hmm, I though they did away with the standard start times a couple of years ago. Shows you how closely I've been paying attention. ;)

That's eastern time. Aren't they in the central time zone? What time is sunset in Indy in late July? I think everything will be just fine.

Most of Indiana is on Eastern Time including Indianapolis. Sunset should be around 9:00 PM

This will only bother me if DISH can't get its program guide correct, and my DVR misses part of the race. I mean, I had enough problems when the start times were "standard".

I am with you as I have not watched a race live in years. It is also amazing how fast you can watch a race when you can FF through the commercials, the talking heads and the laborious cautions or red flags. Sometimes I watch the race early in the morning the day after it has taken place.

This works for me.

I tend to sleep in way late on the weekends so the more I get to catch, the better.

Well this was a stupid move. Can they at least start publishing when the green flag waves? They say that the race starts at 2pm (or whenever) but the actual racing doesn't begin til 2:45pm.

I am with you as I have not watched a race live in years. It is also amazing how fast you can watch a race when you can FF through the commercials, the talking heads and the laborious cautions or red flags. Sometimes I watch the race early in the morning the day after it has taken place.

Me to, I watch most all Saturday Bush races or truck Sunday morning around 5:30 to 6 am with my coffee.

Sunday Cup races I watch sunday night or after they have been going for 2 hours.

The only race I pretty much watch live is, any Dega race.

As far as missing part of the races, set your DVR timer to add 2 to 3 hours, to the end of the recording time.

I like having the scanner running alongside the race broadcast when I'm watching from home. It adds to the broadcast tremendously.

Occasionally I have to watch it off of my DVR'd version but it's not nearly the same experience.

I like having the scanner running alongside the race broadcast when I'm watching from home. It adds to the broadcast tremendously.

Occasionally I have to watch it off of my DVR'd version but it's not nearly the same experience.
YEP.

While I'm thinking about the scanner option I wanted to mention a piece of software called Replay Music. I only mention it because I record the scanner feed during each and every race that I watch @ home using that software. It removes all of the blank space between transmissions and allows for easier listening at a later time. I usually copy the audio over to my phone and listen to it during my commute. I catch all kinds of things that I may have missed listening to it the first time.

The software is also great for ripping music from Pandora.

When we lived in Hawaii, try getting up on a Sunday morning just before the race that started at 7am. Instead of cracking open a beer, I was fixing Coffee and making breakfast. . . . . . .no sleeping in on Sunday's during the racing season. The one good thing about it, the race was over by 11am and we'd have the rest of the day playing at the beach. :D

When we lived in Hawaii, try getting up on a Sunday morning just before the race that started at 7am. Instead of cracking open a beer, I was fixing Coffee and making breakfast. . . . . . .no sleeping in on Sunday's during the racing season. The one good thing about it, the race was over by 11am and we'd have the rest of the day playing at the beach. :D

Lucky.

I must get my ass in gear and make plans for a vacation there. Been wanting to for years. Just hasn't materialize.

Lucky.

I must get my ass in gear and make plans for a vacation there. Been wanting to for years. Just hasn't materialize.
I've been there several times but don't have the words to describe it. Years ago I went to the old standby of "you'll have to go see for yourself". It's that special.

Seems to me that just 2 or 3 years ago, Brian said that all the races, except maybe a couple, would start at 1:00. Something about listening to the fans, blah blah blah. I couldn't find it, but I'm pretty sure he said it.

Seems to me that just 2 or 3 years ago, Brian said that all the races, except maybe a couple, would start at 1:00. Something about listening to the fans, blah blah blah. I couldn't find it, but I'm pretty sure he said it.
They did do the standard times for a couple of years and then it changed again.

It was announced in 2009 that they would be going to standard start times in the 2010 season.

"NASCAR fans have been asking for earlier and more consistent start times, and we are making this change for our fans, beginning with the Daytona 500 next February," said NASCAR chairman and CEO Brian France in a statement. "We are revisiting our sport's tradition of earlier green flags, and the added consistency will make it easier for fans to know exactly when the races are being televised."

from here

It was announced in 2009 that they would be going to standard start times in the 2010 season.

"NASCAR fans have been asking for earlier and more consistent start times, and we are making this change for our fans, beginning with the Daytona 500 next February," said NASCAR chairman and CEO Brian France in a statement. "We are revisiting our sport's tradition of earlier green flags, and the added consistency will make it easier for fans to know exactly when the races are being televised."

from here
I knew I remembered it from somewhere. Still listening to the fans, five years later. :rolleyes:

I prefer standard start times. When they mess around with the start time I generally miss part of the race.

Just curious. Are the standard start times that big of an issue for everyone here? I don't know how everyone else here does it but I normally just look at the schedule to see what race is up next and what time it starts. That's the same practice that I've used since the pre-internet days. Works great. ;)

Back
Top Bottom