Ok, Nextel Cup Race attendees..

S

slick-nick

Where would you rather go?

To the Nextel All Star race in Charlotte, or the Subway 500 in Martinsville?

I went to the Winston last year and it was fun, but didn't enjoy the drive home. We left at 8 Saturday morning, and got back at 8 on Sunday morning. Non-stop driving, and traffic was hell, but in all.. it was fun.
I've never been to Martinsville, and would like to go... plus, its about an hour less of a drive (3 - 3 1/2 hours from my house)...

Which would you choose?

Martinsville! I love short tracks, and besides, they will be moving the train tracks, repaveing the bullring, and from what I know, it's a very friendly community of neighbors. I mean, the local people will even set up coffee and donut tents. Rural Southern Hospitality at it's best, IMHO.

For me the answer is always whichever track you haven't been to...

since i have never been to eather of the tracks. I would say both. But since im in Westten Ky.....way to much or a drive to go the track race and come gome. I am like 12-14 hours from richmond. Dega is 6 and thats the closest track.

Martinsville, love short track racing. Go to Dover and it takes us 9hrs to drive.

I would go with, even though its a REAL THOUGH ONE, the All-Star race since its the 1st Nextel All Star Challenge, and you see all the good racers race in one race, and go for the big dollars...

I like short tracks, and If I had to choose
one ot the other, it would be Marty.

I'll just make my own choice:

Daytona 500 ... The Greatest Race of the Season. Looks good from TV, never been to the real race yet.

Las Vegas UAW Daimler Chrysler 400, I've been to the race that past 3 years and it never seems to amuse me.

Those two tracks being the only choices.........give me Lowe's (Charlotte). :) Short tracks are great, but they are basically survival of the fitest........or the luckiest.. At least Charlotte has room to race.

C'mon to MY neck of the woods then and enjoy all the room
at California Speedway. :cheers: :lilangel: :D :lol:

lds2.gif

I am in your neck of the woods...........cutie and I are going May 2nd!! And waiting for tickets to go on sale for the Labor Day race!! But California wasn't on the list. :)

If the choice is between the 2 tracks and you've been to a race at 1, why not expereince the track you haven't been to?

expand your horizons and experiences.

I've only been to three tracks (Texas, Charlotte, Las Vegas), but I'll be trying to add a new track each year as long as I can afford to. Added Vegas in 2004. Trying to decide which one I can add in 2005 (lots of factors involved beyonf which track I might enjoy.)

I've been to Cup races at both. If you got caught in traffic at Charlotte it's your own fault. Every road in NC leads to that track I think. I was there last in 1991, so maybe it's changed a little, but it never ever took us over 30 minutes to get out on the road.

Martinsville is a beautifully maintained and landscaped track. Most all the seats at both tracks are good views, so that doesn't factor in much.

Given that you like who you do, you'd probably be happier at Martinsville. More spinning and such. :p

Charlotte has added/expanded the roads around LMS. It took us about 3 hours to get to the track once we got off of I85 (4 miles) but only an hour to leave. Of course, I threw back the seat and waited an hour before I even started to leave. Things have changed since '91. :wacko:

I settled my own problem... I just went ahead and bought tickets for both!

Originally posted by slick-nick@Apr 19 2004, 03:42 PM
I settled my own problem... I just went ahead and bought tickets for both!
Thats probably the best decision you could make. :)

Back
Top Bottom