SHR xfinity team

'Cause SHR is chock-full of aging drivers, and JR Motorsports doesn't have enough talent in the pipeline to fill both Hendrick and SHR's upcoming needs.

A full plate at SHR. Ford instead of Chevy. Yates motors instead of Hendrick. In-house chassis instead of Hendrick. And a new series altogether with the Xfinity team. Not to mention wholesale changes in F1 specifications, a totally new car rather than an evolution of the 2016 car.

SHR has done a great job so far of handling expansion. If they carry on in 2017 without losing competitiveness, that will be a remarkable achievement.

Well JRM drivers wouldn't be any more likely to go to SHR after this year than to anywhere else anyway.
Yeah, my apologies; I forgot completely about that. Penske's good for several years, but Ford definitely doesn't have enough talent under development for Roush and SHR. Roush will be losing Biffle in a couple of seasons, Bayne isn't showing much improvement, and Bubba Wallace is at least another season from moving up. Who else is in the pipeline?

Probably a good move, at this time next year every driver in the SHR Cup stable will be 35+. They need to develop some young talent for the future.

Yeah, my apologies; I forgot completely about that. Penske's good for several years, but Ford definitely doesn't have enough talent under development for Roush and SHR. Roush will be losing Biffle in a couple of seasons, Bayne isn't showing much improvement, and Bubba Wallace is at least another season from moving up. Who else is in the pipeline?

in order...
Blaney -Penske
Buescher- RFR
Wallace-RFR
Reed-RFR = peaked In Xfinity
Reddick-BKR/Penske
Hemric-BKR/Penske
Custer- SHR
Weatherman-Arca for RFR

Any ideas on that short fella in trucks? I can't get the truck series races so I have no idea on his talent.

Any ideas on that short fella in trucks? I can't get the truck series races so I have no idea on his talent.
Remember the conversation from "Days of Thunder" about kamikaze and calculating drivers? Rico is definatly a kamikaze(which I like), probably to his own detriment. If he has an inch, hes going for it. I like it. He's good, and has a bright future bit also has a lot to learn. Stewart may be a perfect mentor for him.

in order...
Blaney -Penske
Buescher- RFR
Wallace-RFR
Reed-RFR = peaked In Xfinity
Reddick-BKR/Penske
Hemric-BKR/Penske
Custer- SHR
Weatherman-Arca for RFR

Not to mention the possibility that some of those Toyota drivers jump ship. I could see Suarez moving on, as I doubt there will be room for him at Cup level.

Not to mention the possibility that some of those Toyota drivers jump ship. I could see Suarez moving on, as I doubt there will be room for him at Cup level.
I don't see Toyota letting go of their highest profile and most successful diversity driver.

I don't see Toyota letting go of their highest profile and most successful diversity driver.

I could be wrong about this but I feel like Arris has a investment in him and they want to move him in a cup in a couple of years whether that means Carl Edwards will be gone or not I do not know.

I could be wrong about this but I feel like Arris has a investment in him and they want to move him in a cup in a couple of years whether that means Carl Edwards will be gone or not I do not know.
Matt might be gone by then (but he's still in good physical shape and running competitively), or Furniture Row might be ready for a third team.

I've seen pictures of Rico & Tony hanging out, would love to see him driving for SHR. And if they need another driver, I'd like to see Bubba Wallace there too. I so want to see Bubba have a break out year.

He should have won a truck race earlier this year, can't remember which one. Drove it in too hard with a couple to go and hit the wall.

He's a pretty good wheel man. Got some learning to do. But has a lot of potential.

No doubt to move into an SHR cup ride when a seat opens.

Huge Custer fan, and I will probably remain one even with the move away from Chevy. He's done much better in his Xfinity starts than he has in the trucks this year, which is surprising, so next year he should be fun to watch.

I like this move. At least it is a full time xfinity driver and not a part time cup driver ride like the 22. Being the impatient guy that I am I really wish they were starting with 2 full time cars for 2 development guys.
Cup drivers pay the bills.

They had to do this because JRM runs chevy still. I think they would have run custer with JRM if not for the move to Ford. We don't know what Cole custer really has. He has been in the best possible equipment his entire career, even the late models he was in were the best you could get. The truck series in my mind is not an indicator. There is a huge equipment disparity over there now days. The hauler driver could run the best trucks over there in the top 10. the NXS team will show if custer has anything for real now.

now more than ever its very important to look at a drivers path to the top 2 series, it tells you alot about their talent and possibly what to expect.

They had to do this because JRM runs chevy still. I think they would have run custer with JRM if not for the move to Ford. We don't know what Cole custer really has. He has been in the best possible equipment his entire career, even the late models he was in were the best you could get. The truck series in my mind is not an indicator. There is a huge equipment disparity over there now days. The hauler driver could run the best trucks over there in the top 10. the NXS team will show if custer has anything for real now.

now more than ever its very important to look at a drivers path to the top 2 series, it tells you alot about their talent and possibly what to expect.
Custer is the son of Joe Custer, who is the executive vice president at Stewart-Haas Racing and chief executive officer of Haas F1 Team. SHR co-owner Gene Haas' company, Haas Automation, sponsors Custer.

SHR hauler drivers still winless.

Custer is the son of Joe Custer, who is the executive vice president at Stewart-Haas Racing and chief executive officer of Haas F1 Team. SHR co-owner Gene Haas' company, Haas Automation, sponsors Custer.

SHR hauler drivers still winless.
Dude I know who he is. Way more than you know. I could say way way more but it would be bragging and would reveal who I am and what my family's involvement in racing has been. I don't want to do that.

Dude I know who he is. Way more than you know. I could say way way more but it would be bragging and would reveal who I am and what my family's involvement in racing has been. I don't want to do that.

im your buddy you can tell me :)

Cant say I am surprise that Custer is going to be driving for SHR's X team , looking forward to seeing how he does next year.

No idea what you're on about.

I posted that because Haas paid for the kid's ride at JRM. If SHR had an Xfinity program in place that would never have happened. Now they do. End of story.

Who you are is irrelevant.

That's the kind of BS statement people trot out to bring attention to themselves. We have people on here from many levels of involvement in the sport. If you really have connections or involvement in racing, telling us who you are isn't bragging. It's just stating facts that would verify you know what you're talking about. Saying "I know more than you do but I'm not telling you why" is the actual bragging, of the false schoolyard variety.

Put up or shut up.

Back
Top Bottom