OneMain Financial leaves Jr. Motorsports and Elliott Sadler

Elliott is a good dude, but I could never understand why One Main hooked their wagon to that horse.

So will we say bye to Elliott then?

This will probably be the nail in the coffin for Sadler. Shame...

Don't think I have ever heard a Nascar fan be anything other than critical of One Main and their relationship with Elliott. I think , if it we me, I would have been gone from this silly sport a long time ago. Advertising dollars can be spent anywhere. No need to spend them in Nascar

Don't think I have ever heard a Nascar fan be anything other than critical of One Main and their relationship with Elliott. I think , if it we me, I would have been gone from this silly sport a long time ago. Advertising dollars can be spent anywhere. No need to spend them in Nascar
True, they could of sponsored the last lap like credit one

Sadler has been a good spokesmen for the company. New management wanting to go in another direction is no reflection on his ability to represent his sponsor.

Sadler has been a jumper, he jumped from one ride to another to get the bigger dollar and then overconfidence came back to bite him and now no Nascar Cup team wants him.
There are some rides in Cup that we may see him try before he retires unwillingly.

A change in corporate control always leads to an intense review of all discretionary spending, and there is usually a need to cut expenses as much as possible. Efficiency improvements are almost always baked into the numbers that justified the acquisition in the first place. And Citi has been trying to sell the One Main outfit for a long time, so I'm sure this news is not a total surprise to Sadler or JR Motorsports.

Miller Brewing also has undergone a change in corporate ownership, so I have concern about renewal of their deal with Team Penske and Brad Keselowski. The current contract runs through 2017. Normal timing for an extension to be announced would be this coming winter. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Didn't Sadler basically get shunned from the Cup Series because he sued his race team for trying to replace him? Bold strategy, I wonder why it didn't pay off...

I wonder if my step sons girl friend is still going to get hot passes for PIR ( she works for One Main, well after the company she worked for was bought out by One Main)

A change in corporate control always leads to an intense review of all discretionary spending, and there is usually a need to cut expenses as much as possible. Efficiency improvements are almost always baked into the numbers that justified the acquisition in the first place. And Citi has been trying to sell the One Main outfit for a long time, so I'm sure this news is not a total surprise to Sadler or JR Motorsports.

Miller Brewing also has undergone a change in corporate ownership, so I have concern about renewal of their deal with Team Penske and Brad Keselowski. The current contract runs through 2017. Normal timing for an extension to be announced would be this coming winter. Keeping my fingers crossed.
One Main just recently purchased a different financial company , so I am not really surprised by this, like you said, they are trimming the fat

Man so Gaughan and Sadler will be out next year?

He's been a pretty solid driver and it sucks to see his sponsor leave, but I think this opens up some great opprotunties for young guys like Custer and Josh Berry for JRM.

I'm pretty sure the 62 team will shut down, but maybe it's a possibility for a young gunner.

I think there will be a lot of teams trying to lure John Wes Townley

Man so Gaughan and Sadler will be out next year?

He's been a pretty solid driver and it sucks to see his sponsor leave, but I think this opens up some great opprotunties for young guys like Custer and Josh Berry for JRM.

I'm pretty sure the 62 team will shut down, but maybe it's a possibility for a young gunner.
RCR is talking to John Hunter Nemechek, maybe renumbered the 62 to 87

RCR is talking to John Hunter Nemechek, maybe renumbered the 62 to 87

That would be great, much more talent than the combined talent of Brendan Gone and Sadler. The 87 would be great too, Joe ran it alot when he was young and starting out.

I guess I'm one of the few Sadler fans left. On this board anyway. Not that it's much of a feat these days but he has put his OneMain car in the Chase field with a win and sits 2nd in points. He's one of only 3 drivers in that series that even has a win. Hopefully they can pick up another sponsor to keep him going in that car. I wish him luck.

I guess I'm one of the few Sadler fans left. On this board anyway. Not that it's much of a feat these days but he has put his OneMain car in the Chase field with a win and sits 2nd in points. He's one of only 3 drivers in that series that even has a win. Hopefully they can pick up another sponsor to keep him going in that car. I wish him luck.
Maybe his crime is that he's not a 16 yr old kid ?

Sucks to see them go away, they've been affiliated with Sadler for awhile. OMF is a subsidiary of Citi, who sponsored Elliott in Buschfinitywide way back in the Robert Yates days.

Sucks to see them go away, they've been affiliated with Sadler for awhile. OMF is a subsidiary of Citi, who sponsored Elliott in Buschfinitywide way back in the Robert Yates days.

And there don't seem to be many new ones coming in . Hendrick used to have to turn them away . Not anymore.

What could they name it now ? Dale Sr. series , naw . Jeff Gordon series, naw . Jimmie Johnson series, naw .
Somebody on a local news station said the other day that he had good information that the new sponsor would in fact be new sponsorS. At least 2. :idunno:

Somebody on a local news station said the other day that he had good information that the new sponsor would in fact be new sponsorS. At least 2. :idunno:
I wonder would they split the season and use one name for each half or would the do a hyphenated thing like the Tide-Coke Cup?

I don't know. The guy insinuated half a year each kinda thing.

Either way , it's going to sound pretty silly . Could be worse if they start doing that with stadium names . I guess nobody cares how it sounds as long as money changes hands .

I'd guess a two sponsor thing would be more along the lines of "the nascar sponsor 1 cup presented by sponsor 2 "

Elliott seems like a cool cat but he's been using his sponsor to buy rides his results on track didn't earn for about 5 years now.

Back
Top Bottom