Only one rookie in the 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup?

gone

Team Owner
Is Jeb Burton the only Rookie Of The Year contender for 2015 in the Sprint Cup?
Only other fulltime entry I heard was Trevor Bayne, but he's ineligible due to having already run too many Sprint Cup races.

Is Jeb Burton the only Rookie Of The Year contender for 2015 in the Sprint Cup?
Only other fulltime entry I heard was Trevor Bayne, but he's ineligible due to having already run too many Sprint Cup races.

Come to think on it, I haven't heard of anyone else and he is last minute. Are you sure his new ride is cup?? Thought he got a Xfinity ride.

Come to think on it, I haven't heard of anyone else and he is last minute. Are you sure his new ride is cup?? Thought he got a Xfinity ride.
Definitely cup ride. And he is the only ROTY contender. There are 40 full time drivers this year and 45 full time cars and he is it.

Jayski lists him taking over the number 26 BK Racing car. He's also the only ROTY contender that Jayski lists.

Well, I would say he has a good chance of being ROTY for 2015. :D

Still time for another to join and make it a race.

That is desperation driving a BK car, but the money is so much better in almost any cup ride..tempting, but damn he isn't going anywhere in that ride but to the hamburger joint...that is Danica fodder running around in the top 25. Lookout boy she loves to hit those things.

With Jeff retiring at 43,I've noticed there are a bunch of guys in their 40's that are in the top tier, they should open up some rides down the road. I don't know how many years that will take but I'm guessing many of them will continue past their prime. I think the quality of the future rookies will determine when rides open up.

Nothing against Burton but isn't it kind of foolish to have a just a single person running for ROTY?
I wonder who will win.............

I thought Bayne was eligible since he hasn't competed for Cup points prior to this year?
Trevor Bayne is a Daytona 500 champion with 58 Sprint Cup starts, including almost half the 2011 and 2012 seasons with Wood Brothers Racing. Even so, he’s considered a Cup rookie who’ll be the best of this year’s one-man rookie-of-the-year class.

By rule, NASCAR drivers must declare their “primary” series for points before each season. They’re eligible to run in any series -- Cup guys in Xfinity and the Truck Series, for example -- but can earn championship points in only their declared “primary” series. So even though he was a semi-regular in Cup for parts of five seasons, Bayne was primarily running for Xfinity Series points.
http://autoweek.com/article/nascar-...bayne-lock-2015-nascar-sprint-cup-rookie-year

--

I stand corrected.

That is desperation driving a BK car, but the money is so much better in almost any cup ride..tempting, but damn he isn't going anywhere in that ride but to the hamburger joint...that is Danica fodder running around in the top 25. Lookout boy she loves to hit those things.

He didn't have a ride.

He didn't have a ride.
yeah I know, he lost a good turner scott truck team ride at the last minute last year, and didn't do much in trucks with the team he ended up with. He's had a rocky road so far. Don't see it getting much better with BK racing.

Trevor Bayne is a Daytona 500 champion with 58 Sprint Cup starts, including almost half the 2011 and 2012 seasons with Wood Brothers Racing. Even so, he’s considered a Cup rookie who’ll be the best of this year’s one-man rookie-of-the-year class.

By rule, NASCAR drivers must declare their “primary” series for points before each season. They’re eligible to run in any series -- Cup guys in Xfinity and the Truck Series, for example -- but can earn championship points in only their declared “primary” series. So even though he was a semi-regular in Cup for parts of five seasons, Bayne was primarily running for Xfinity Series points.
http://autoweek.com/article/nascar-...bayne-lock-2015-nascar-sprint-cup-rookie-year

--

I stand corrected.
Yeah, it's kinda weird that Bayne is running for Rookie of the Year four years after winning the Daytona 500.

I was under the impression Ryan Blaney was running for ROTY. Even with an 18 race schedule??

I was under the impression Ryan Blaney was running for ROTY. Even with an 18 race schedule??
Eighteen is enough to compete for ROTY honors since they take only your best seventeen finishes into consideration, but we have no idea what series he's declaring for points in yet. He's running part-time in all three series although I believe his busiest will be Cup.

I agree he's definitely not jumping into competitive equipment but he's a young man who lost his truck ride 2 weeks ago. I thought I read that he signed a multi year cup contract. Worse case scenario is that he is an unemployed Cup driver in 2017 looking for Xfinity ride.

I have been working with some of the smaller series! There is a bright future for the young guns of Nascar but unfortunately it would be this year atleast in Nascar! Jeb is a great guy! BK might not be a contending ride but it bets sitting at home and that what it looked like for him! Names on the rise Eric jones, Darrell Wallace Jr, Mason Mitchell, Bennan Poole, Lajoe, Ryan Blaney, Cole Custer, Ben Rhodes.... And the list could go on and on! (Trevurkle Townsend on Facebook comedy a host of green, white, and redneck! Add me)

Supposedly, Bayne won't be eligible after NASCAR determined he's run too many races. Per Jayski.

Back
Top Bottom