Our Other Hometown Hero

This guy sure is wooping some butt in the truck series.

71Fan>>>> who is the chick in your icon?

That would be Kim Crosby, an asst. school principal from Slidell, Louisiana who bought one of Dave's old cars to go ARCA racing in.

I've been in contact with her for a while now and it seems her hard work is about to pay off. Reliable sources is about all I can say but expect an announcement soon.

Brendan Gaughan should be admired for his talent and ability.

He certainly has a large number of plusses in his steps to success column. He started driving for Walker Evans at the age of fifteen, and developed the composure to stay cool under pressure. I sure look forward to seeing him do well in any series.

There is little question his skill would have placed him in this position eventually, but it makes me wonder if he might have made it this far this fast had he not had family money and contacts to back him up.

This sort of follows the topic of another thread a week or two ago wherein money, looks, and marketability were the center of discussion and now with the added dimension of family money and contacts from the start. As for the looks, marketability and talent, Brendan certainly has those and in the right order. This guy doesn't even need charm school.

Any thoughts here ???? :mellow:

I couldn't agree more, Whizzer. Brendan certainly was fortunate that his father has the ability to provide the funding for his Truck operation. I don't see anything wrong with having the right contacts. If you have the talent to utilize what those contacts are offering, then................. And he certainly has the looks :wub: and marketability to go along with his talent! I was fortunate to actually speak, albeit briefly, before this last Texas race (and get his autograph). He is so full of energy! And, so gracious! I was certainly impressed! :)

A school principle that races cars. I guess the students love that! :D

Back
Top Bottom