Our race plans for the year?

SpeedPagan

The iRacing Guru
So, with the start of the racing season just days away (with the start of Rolex 24), what is everyone racing plans? Going to visit any tracks, going to follow any regional series? Whatcha got planned?

Assuming that they'll have a second season, I'm going to be going to as much KOMA Unwind Modified Races as I can. I may also go to a few PASS races, and I think there's a new Late Model/Super Late Model racing series that's starting up, maybe @AndyMarquisLive knows which one I'm talking about.

I also have plans of going to Martinsville (again), and I actually want to go to a night race at Bristol. I've heard some of the guys on iRacing talk about watching a Bristol race in person, they say it's unlike any other track on the NASCAR schedule. If money allows, I may also attend a race at Charlotte.

For whoever on here that decides to make it to Bristol for either the spring or fall race a relatively unknown fun fact..... For a $20 donation to Track Laps for Kids, posted on Bristol's website, you can driver your car/truck/whatever on the track before the race weekend begins. For the spring race you would take your laps on Friday night and for the fall race you would take your laps on Thursday morning. If you do the spring one then you only have access to pit road. They fall one gives you access to the entire infield as well, including taking time to walk over and up to victory lane. It's a lot of fun and something that your kids would probably enjoy as well. You can take as many people as you have seatbelts for.

I plan on going to the Rolex 24, 12 Hours of Sebring, GP of St. Pete, and Ford 400 again. Other than that I'm looking into the Atlanta tripleheader weekend, the weekend of the World Series of Asphalt at New Smyrna and the ARCA opener/Sprint Unlimited at Daytona, and one of the two Watkins Glen weekends.

I've already been to one race this season on New Years day. Next up will be Feb 14th. Of course I'll be watching/DVR'ing the truck/Xfinity/Cup races.

For whoever on here that decides to make it to Bristol for either the spring or fall race a relatively unknown fun fact..... For a $20 donation to Track Laps for Kids, posted on Bristol's website, you can driver your car/truck/whatever on the track before the race weekend begins. For the spring race you would take your laps on Friday night and for the fall race you would take your laps on Thursday morning. If you do the spring one then you only have access to pit road. They fall one gives you access to the entire infield as well, including taking time to walk over and up to victory lane. It's a lot of fun and something that your kids would probably enjoy as well. You can take as many people as you have seatbelts for.
Thanks for the heads up dpk, I plan on going to Bristol in the spring and maybe in August. Might also hit up Kentucky as I've never been to that track.

Assuming that they'll have a second season, I'm going to be going to as much KOMA Unwind Modified Races as I can. I may also go to a few PASS races, and I think there's a new Late Model/Super Late Model racing series that's starting up, maybe @AndyMarquisLive knows which one I'm talking about.

CARS Tour. I'm very excited about this.

Now that the announcement is official, along with continuing to do what I do for RACE22.com, I will also be at Southern National Motorsports Park.

plans as of now, Bristol, Darlington, Charlotte including all-star

Might do the Rolex 24 not sure, then do the 3 Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series races in GA in Feb. March there are a lot of options, 3 weeks in a row in March there are some good road course events in Florida(Formula E Miami, Sebring 12 Hours, St Petersburg). Not sure If i'm going to do all or some of those or just do some dirt races (World of Outlaws/Lucas Oil LM) farther up north in March. Beyond March i'm planning on being out of the country a lot, hoping to see some Super GT races.

[quote="FLRacingFan, post: 891525, member: 7165" the weekend of the World Series of Asphalt at New Smyrna and the ARCA opener/Sprint Unlimited at Daytona, [/quote]

The ARCA 200/Sprint Unlimited on Saturday and K&N Pro Series Season Opener at New Smyrna Sunday would be a nice weekend! Was looking into that but i might have to be up north that week

Dover which i go to every year, maybe one of the Richmond or Martinsville races, and planning on doing the Darlington labor day weekend as of right now

Speedweeks, Volusia Speedway, I55 Speedway Pevely MO., UMP DIRTcar Summer Nationals, Springfield Mile, DuQuoin Mile, Hopefully hit Eldora Modified Championship.

Believe I'm going to Fontucky with BobbyFord and Clutch, gonna try and hit WoO in Perris, some LOORRS(short course trophy trucks) racing in Elsinore, maybe a SX race in the next couple weeks... And that's it thus far.

Sitting on the couch for every race with a beer (or 10) in my hand. Won't have time to travel anywhere for at least 2 years :(

Believe I'm going to Fontucky with BobbyFord and Clutch, gonna try and hit WoO in Perris, some LOORRS(short course trophy trucks) racing in Elsinore, maybe a SX race in the next couple weeks... And that's it thus far.

You're going to be the baby in that bunch. Haha.

Cool cats.

My plans are nil at the moment.

Could easily make it to either of the Pocono races and MAYBE the Glen.

You're going to be the baby in that bunch. Haha.

Cool cats.

My plans are nil at the moment.

Could easily make it to either of the Pocono races and MAYBE the Glen.

True true they are older than dirt. Haha :D

Taking a family vacation to Atlanta and staying at a resort in the mountains about an hour or so north of Atlanta. Definitely looking forward to that trip! Aside from that, no real plans, though I'll likely go to at least one Kansas race.

Daytona 500 for sure, going to try to make the Coke Zero 400 at Daytona, probably not Homestead.

Like SpeedPagan, I'm going to try to get to as many of these CARS Tour races as possible. Definitely planning on going to the Winchester 400 again and maybe the Snowball Derby and Oxford 250. Obviously going to Christmas (Martinsville LMSC race).

Rest of the races depends on if I stay in Virginia or move to Eastern NC.

Darlington and maybe the first Charlotte Xfinity race. We've cut back a lot in the last three years. Since Dad past 78, he finds it difficult to sit in bleachers for more than an hour or so. Since I crossed 50, I find the all-day format of a night race hard to endure and still drive home safely. Darlington is close enough to the house to make it home easily, and the first Charlotte Xfinity race is short enough that the Old Man can get through it It's also the only remaining day race within 250 miles.

I plan on going to the Rolex 24, ...
What's your viewing strategy for the Rolex? What grandstands / viewing areas have you tried? How much of the event do you watch?

We owe a visit to in-laws in Lakeland, and this is about the only event at Daytona I'd pay to see. My love for NASCAR is exceeded by my dislike of restrictor plates. Maybe the qualifying races, I guess.

Southeast. Schedule is on RACE22.com ;)
Andy, thanks. I had not heard of RACE22 or the CARS series before your post. However, I'm having trouble finding the series' schedule on the site. There's a CARS link at the bottom, but the resulting site doesn't have a schedule. A little help, please. If Myrtle Beach is on their schedule, I may be able to make that.

We've reupped our Martinsville and bristol tickets. Will be at those 4 for sure. Also just found a camper so trying to plan our first time to Dega.
We're still considering the 500 but we may skip it this year since we're going to Mexico a few days later....

As for non nascar, I'll be at a couple of races in hickory and friendship in elkin, nc

Fontana because life without Kyle Busch kicking ass with a last lap pass in Fontana is a life not worth living. One to two other tracks that I am undecided about.

For sure all the Super Late Model races at Desoto Speedway in Bradenton, Fla.

I sell my Daytona 400 tickets every year, start finish line tower.

May do Darlington this year.

Will DVR and watch all Nascar races on my schedule not the advertisers schedule.

Would not go out my back door for a IRL race (or what the hell ever they call it now) and the Sebring race track is 11 miles from my house and could care less.

I am 152 miles from Homestead and will never go to that track again. (Yeah, they really pissed me off at the place)

AS far as F1, use to be a big fan until this year, they sound like sh*t and they lost me.

Yeah, I'm a picky Sumb*tch when it comes to spending money on racing entertainment.

For sure all the Super Late Model races at Desoto Speedway in Bradenton, Fla.

I sell my Daytona 400 tickets every year, start finish line tower.

May do Darlington this year.

Will DVR and watch all Nascar races on my schedule not the advertisers schedule.

Would not go out my back door for a IRL race (or what the hell ever they call it now) and the Sebring race track is 11 miles from my house and could care less.

I am 152 miles from Homestead and will never go to that track again. (Yeah, they really pissed me off at the place)

AS far as F1, use to be a big fan until this year, they sound like sh*t and they lost me.

Yeah, I'm a picky Sumb*tch when it comes to spending money on racing entertainment.

Where you from sdj? I'm in coconut creek.

Would love to go to the Rolex 24 and plan to next year.

for 2015 I plan to attend at least one Bristol race and an AMA motocross race at Muddy Creek. Don't feel much like traveling this year, im sure that will change though

What's your viewing strategy for the Rolex? What grandstands / viewing areas have you tried? How much of the event do you watch?

We owe a visit to in-laws in Lakeland, and this is about the only event at Daytona I'd pay to see. My love for NASCAR is exceeded by my dislike of restrictor plates. Maybe the qualifying races, I guess.
The grandstands are nice to walk around, they're general admission and there's a lot of space open so you can catch the race from a lot of different vantage points, which is nice. For the most part I spend time in the infield. The best view in racing, bar none, is atop the Ferris wheel (especially at night). They have some stands set up near the exit of the International Horseshoe and near the kink. They have a couple on the west side of the infield section too but I haven't wandered over there before.

The most I've watched in one visit (since you get reentry at this event) is somewhere between six and seven hours. I'd love to camp there sometime.

Back
Top Bottom