Paul Tracy to NASCAR

H

Happy29

Open Wheel Champion To RCR
March 30, 2004
1:48 PM EST (1848 GMT)

Mooresville, NC - Canadian open wheel star Paul Tracy announced plans Tuesday for NASCAR Busch Series competition in 2004.

Tracy, 2003 CART (Championship Auto Racing Teams) champion, will run a limited schedule for Richard Childress racing in the NASCAR Busch Series in the second half of 2004 with plans for a full-time 2005 schedule. Tracy, who has been in the rumor mills since his trip to the Las Vegas Motor Speedway during a January testing weekend, credits this switch to concerns over the immediate future of current series, CART, who has been battling the Indy Racing League (IRL), since a January court ruling that awarded the series assets to the OWRS (Open Wheel Racing Series) organization.

“I’m very happy,” said Tracy. “You never know [with these things] but I believed that a future in NASCAR will allow for a much further expansion of my abilities over the IRL. I’m glad to see that Richard (Childress) shared in my vision and has allowed me to compete in his equipment.”

On his open wheel future he said, “I’m going to finish out the year with [Forsythe Racing], yes. I went to Gerald [Forsythe] before I made my decision and he said that he understood my feelings and supported my decision to get into NASCAR.”

Childress, owner for Nextel Cup drivers Kevin Harvick, Robby Gordon, and Johnny Sauter, plans to field a third car for Tracy in the NASCAR Busch Series along side drivers Ron Hornaday and Clint Bowyer. “We’re glad to have a driver of Paul’s caliber joining our team,” said Childress. “With his talent at car control we feel that the NASCAR Busch Series will fit him perfectly while he gets the handle on stockcars.”

At press time a sponsor was yet to be announced, but rumors have it that the Canadian Labatts company has been in talks with Richard Childress Racing and an announcement will be made Thursday.

Originally posted by nascarwoman@Mar 30 2004, 05:22 PM
That should make things interesting in the RCR camp. I wonder how all the boys will get along. :ph34r:
VERY good question!

I wonder how hes gonna like the fact that people can bumb in stock cars.. it would be good for the Busch Series though..

Interesting if true...and I doubt it is.

Happy? Where did you find this article anyway? Post us a link please. :)

Originally posted by Happy29@Mar 30 2004, 05:09 PM
Open Wheel Champion To RCR
March 30, 2004
1:48 PM EST (1848 GMT)

Mooresville, NC - Canadian open wheel star Paul Tracy announced plans Tuesday for NASCAR Busch Series competition in 2004.

Tracy, 2003 CART (Championship Auto Racing Teams) champion, will run a limited schedule for Richard Childress racing in the NASCAR Busch Series in the second half of 2004 with plans for a full-time 2005 schedule. Tracy, who has been in the rumor mills since his trip to the Las Vegas Motor Speedway during a January testing weekend, credits this switch to concerns over the immediate future of current series, CART, who has been battling the Indy Racing League (IRL), since a January court ruling that awarded the series assets to the OWRS (Open Wheel Racing Series) organization.

“I’m very happy,” said Tracy. “You never know [with these things] but I believed that a future in NASCAR will allow for a much further expansion of my abilities over the IRL. I’m glad to see that Richard (Childress) shared in my vision and has allowed me to compete in his equipment.”

On his open wheel future he said, “I’m going to finish out the year with [Forsythe Racing], yes. I went to Gerald [Forsythe] before I made my decision and he said that he understood my feelings and supported my decision to get into NASCAR.”

Childress, owner for Nextel Cup drivers Kevin Harvick, Robby Gordon, and Johnny Sauter, plans to field a third car for Tracy in the NASCAR Busch Series along side drivers Ron Hornaday and Clint Bowyer. “We’re glad to have a driver of Paul’s caliber joining our team,” said Childress. “With his talent at car control we feel that the NASCAR Busch Series will fit him perfectly while he gets the handle on stockcars.”

At press time a sponsor was yet to be announced, but rumors have it that the Canadian Labatts company has been in talks with Richard Childress Racing and an announcement will be made Thursday.
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha...... It's two days before April 1st, you're too early Happy29

Arright, y'all got me. Y'all ruined a very well-layed plan for the 1st of the 4th and here I am typing a phony Richard Childress PR Statement.

But I did get some of you, correct?

That was about what one would expect out of Harvick. Not very bright spreading those kind of rumors. :dual9mm:

Originally posted by muggle not@Mar 30 2004, 08:29 PM
That was about what one would expect out of Harvick. Not very bright spreading those kind of rumors.  :dual9mm:
:rolleyes: What rumors did Harvick spread?! I think you're smoking something Mr. Not. All Happy29 was doing was just having good fun, lighten up a bit compadre.

:angry: All right that's it!!! I hope Harvick blow his engine on the first lap at Texas!

Back
Top Bottom