Penske vs. Hendrick

That and Gordon has the worse teammates in NASCAR.

Dale Jr. didn't pay Gordon the courtesy of getting out of the way but quickly yielded to Brad.

That was when the 2 cut it to within 2 car lengths or something.
Bro I bitched about jr doing that in the race thread. That was a non factor.

Dale Jr. didn't pay Gordon the courtesy of getting out of the way but quickly yielded to Brad.

I noticed that too. Jr hasnt ever been a good teammate to Gordon on the track when he needs to be, but Im a firm believer in teammates in the garage & competitor on the track.

Talk about a non factor. Didn't make a tinkers damn who won today, more important to advance to the next round..they all start from scratch next week. Kapesh?

Gordon was leading, Jr. didn't want to go a lap down. After he got lapped there really wasn't much else to fight for.

About the only car out there racing in the closing laps was Kahne, Harvick wasn't taking any chances and neither were the rest of them.
betcha jj takes that possum oughta his car at kansas !
Johnson has it figured out, said so in his interview, points racing until the final four because that is all that really counts..take what comes easy..third place.

About the only car out there racing in the closing laps was Kahne, Harvick wasn't taking any chances and neither were the rest of them.

Johnson has it figured out, said so in his interview, points racing until the final four because that is all that really counts..take what comes easy..third place.

Chad literally said on the radio with like 40 to go to just ride it out. No need to race hard and chance tearing up the car if you're locked into the next round with like a 25th place finish...

Chad literally said on the radio with like 40 to go to just ride it out. No need to race hard and chance tearing up the car if you're locked into the next round with like a 25th place finish...
they play the chase game the best.

Hell yeah, that's what they were doing, all keeping score, next week they will try to have a dominate car, if they don't think they can win, they will stay out of trouble and points race. Those pesky non chasers will be the ones racing. That Larson kid give him plenty of room.

Thats nice. 24 was up by 5 seconds on the 2 with a few to go.

Looked like Brad wore his tires out trying to catch the 24 by the end of the race. Besides, Gordon had the better car on the long run, so it wasn't a surprise to see the 24 pull away from the 2 the further into the run they got.

It's funny to me that the 24 beat the 2 for once, and read that suddenly the Chevys have a HP advantage over the Fords. lol

sooner or later somebody is going to screw up and ruin one of the chasers day, it is just a matter of time IMO.

Looked like Brad wore his tires out trying to catch the 24 by the end of the race. Besides, Gordon had the better car on the long run, so it wasn't a surprise to see the 24 pull away from the 2 the further into the run they got.

It's funny to me that the 24 beat the 2 for once, and read that suddenly the Chevys have a HP advantage over the Fords. lol

I'm not worried about the 2 or the 24 making it thru the next round, or the 22 or 48, or the 20, or the 4. Pretty obvious.

yeah for sure, and if you can't get it, run hard for all the points you can get, it is going to get good these next three, Dega is going to be a real gambling match.

Talk about a non factor. Didn't make a tinkers damn who won today, more important to advance to the next round..they all start from scratch next week. Kapesh?

So you are kind of saying StandOnIt that my TRD Toyotas are tied for first. Awesome!!! :D

they sure are, every car is in first place right now. Don't know if Hamlin was riding around or racing, if he was racing, it doesn't look good. Doesn't look good for the next recruit for JGR either. Kenseth woke up, I knew he would, and the Kyle was points racing for a change..that worries me. They must have put a shock collar on him or something.

they sure are, every car is in first place right now. Don't know if Hamlin was riding around or racing, if he was racing, it doesn't look good. Doesn't look good for the next recruit for JGR either. Kenseth woke up, I knew he would, and the Kyle was points racing for a change..that worries me. They must have put a shock collar on him or something.

I believe that the JGR strategy all along has been to make it into Round 2 by points racing. No, I am not saying that they were sandbagging. Just running conservative strategies. I was impressed that Denny manufactured the finish he needed at his less than favorite track. Matt was Matt, and Kyle suffered similar issues as he has all year long. This next round is going to be a different animal.

With 60 to go Brad cut a second and a half off Gordon's lead in about 20 laps, then Gordon held him at half a second because the 24 was a better long run car.

How could Brad cut that much time off the 24 if he had a HP disadvantage?

It was car set-up/handling that won the race for the 24 over the 2 today, not a HP advantage.

lol You take a quote from a July race and apply it to a race in September??

Nice try.

I believe that the JGR strategy all along has been to make it into Round 2 by points racing. No, I am not saying that they were sandbagging. Just running conservative strategies. I was impressed that Denny manufactured the finish he needed at his less than favorite track. Matt was Matt, and Kyle suffered similar issues as he has all year long. This next round is going to be a different animal.

here let me translate that for ya. Hamlin is lucky to even be in round two, Kenseth has limped into the chase by points racing, and Kyle hasn't won a race in recent memory..but he is a sensational truck driver and really good in the Nationwide

yeah for sure, and if you can't get it, run hard for all the points you can get, it is going to get good these next three, Dega is going to be a real gambling match.

I suspect 'Dega is going to be like the first CoT race there. I think most of the cars in the Chase are going to stay in single file 1/4 mile behind the main pack, until the last 10 laps. Brian France is going to be pissed, but he can't penalize them all. Even qualifying may be <bleeped> up!

If team mates start running interference for each other they'll take the sport to roller derby levels. Jr did the right thing and didn't interfere with the outcome of the race.

If team mates start running interference for each other they'll take the sport to roller derby levels. Jr did the right thing and didn't interfere with the outcome of the race.

If they "start"?
News flash... teammates have been doing it for as long as there have been teammates.

As to the thread title "Penske vs. Hendrick", I see this as a JGR moment. Last year Matt and crew had figured out the Gen 6 very well and early on, this year a lot of people caught up and Penske has really found something lately, plus the fact they have a really really good driver, that has delivered on the work of the team as a whole.

Back
Top Bottom