Phoenix Intn'l Raceway-Who's been?

T

TeamHendrick

Hello all, so glad to finally find an active Nascar forum (other than the Nascar.com ones!).

Anyway, I'm headed to Phoenix for the Checkers 500 in a few weeks and was wondering what the set-up for the weekend was like at PIR. The only other tracks I've been to are Texas and Talladega. Is it just the standard fare(like Texas) with just the team haulers and sponsors out in front of the track, or is it like Talladega with all sorts of food/souvenier vendors (I found a guy selling all his 1:24 scale cars for $25, or buy 4 get one free and was able to pick up JG's Busch Series car, Dupont 200 Annv. Car and his Rainbow scheme cars) located around the raceway? I generally like to get my souvenier shopping done the day before, but if it's just going to be the usual team haulers I won't bother going to the track on Saturday (I'll be getting there too late to catch the entire Busch Race). Also, what kind of view can I expect on the backstretch, I'm 15 rows up in section 50b(aisle seats). This was sort of thrown together at the last minute as I got a great discount om my airfare, so backstretch was all that was left.

Thanks in advance...

Never been there but I always get excited when they make changes to the track. With that wall moved back off of turn two they should be able to pick up some speed getting off of that corner. That means more speed carried into turn three which is pretty much flat. Brakes should be used much more this time around.

Little Pocono. For a while it was the world's fastest one mile track. now it's number two.

I was threatening to go sit on Rattlesnake Hill this year but it looks like some personal stuff is going to get in the way. As far as I'm concerned it is one of the very few tracks worth going to west of the Mississippi.

Oh well, maybe next year.....sigh....

Back
Top Bottom