Plate Racing, she cometh like a hurricane!

H

Happy29

So, next week, we go back to real racing.... at Talladega, where last year, there were over 30 lead changes and a how can I say this, nothing short of exciting pass for the win during the final laps. Better hang on to your hats ladies and gentlemen because Talladega is coming up fast!

ho-hum,the Jr. and Michael Waltrip show will be back on the road,here's drama,will Jr. be blocking or Michael Waltrip? :lol: :rolleyes: Also,will there be "the big one"? ;)
IMHO an RP race is perhaps a hair better then a cookie-cutter track,but the difference is very minimal :D

Restricter plates :bleh: Thirteen gallon fuel cells :bleh: Damn yellow line rule :bleh: Seems more like an exhibition than racing.

lets see, Jr passed below the yellow, but nascar was samart/dumb enfuf not to back flag him, cause if they did at dega or daytona there would be one heck of a riot.

Im not really a fan of the rules they use at plate tracks, i just like the big tracks and have always like Talladega.

I'm not so sure about Dale or Mikey this year. Mikey's luck has been the crappiest this year, and, remember, Dale doesn't have the car he's used in the past --- it is sitting in Daytona.

I also like the big tracks and high speeds. As far as the plates go, get rid of them. As Dale Earnhardt once said ( probably more than once ), Build the fences higher, get rid of the plates and let us run.

I'd really like to see that.

TRL: Mikey used up all his luck in Nashville.

I have to work, but I likely would not watch even a minute of the exhibition that is called plate "racing" if I was home next sunday anyway. -_-

I thought about starting a new thread but decided this is the best place. Short tracks are behind us for a couple weeks. Off to Talladega, then California...........just to satisfy the "need for speed" that some of us fans really enjoy!! :cheers: Dega with the high banks and 185 to 190 in the straights........then California with it's medium banking and 200 plus in the straights!! Yehaawww!! :D And, as a bonus, it's Richmond after all that........my personal favorite short track!! 3/4 mile instead of 1/2 mile!! Just a little more track to race on......just enough!! Love Richmond!! :) Probably the best part of the season for me. :D

Originally posted by Lap3Forever@Apr 18 2004, 06:38 PM
i will just cheer for ya'll......next sunday all of ya'll are Robby fans! :lol: :p
But he's gotta beat Jr first!! :D

I like the high speeds of California, Michigan, etc. because there is still racing going on. No plates=throttle response=racing. :)

Hehehehehe............but at least one team has figured out how to get some throttle response with the plates. :) It's not so much throttle response as it is horsepower..........they are working with about half what they want! Could it be something so simple as engine tuning? :) But, that's an old argument and me not being an engineer (as evidently many of you folks are B) ) I can't explain with any expertise the truth or fallacy of that statement. All I can do is point to DEI.........they got a handle on something there. The others will follow. :)

Originally posted by DE_Wrangler_2+Apr 18 2004, 08:39 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DE_Wrangler_2 @ Apr 18 2004, 08:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Lap3Forever@Apr 18 2004, 06:38 PM
i will just cheer for ya'll......next sunday all of ya'll are Robby fans! :lol: :p
But he's gotta beat Jr first!! :D [/b][/quote]
<_< you'r right.....haha :lol:

Richmond is probably my favorite track. After saying that, it gets real hard to find a second most favorite........probably California since we go to that one! :D But, I like all the big tracks.....even Pocono. I can tell you my least favorite though........Sonoma.

I wouldn't know from experience, but I heard from the grandstands at Sonoma, you can see about 75% of the track. That is outstanding for a road course. I watched a sports car race at Mid Ohio and from any given spot the best you could see was about 40%.

I've never been to Sonoma..........and it's doubtful I ever will. My problem with Sears Point (Infineon, Black Point, Sonoma, or whatever you choose to call it) is that it's a road course number one. And of the two road courses NASCAR runs each year, Sonoma is the most boring for me. Plus, it's the only track that I know of that the distance it measured in kilometers.........what's up with that? Sonoma is in California, not France and everywhere I drive in this state the distances are given in miles. :)

Originally posted by DE_Wrangler_2@Apr 19 2004, 10:30 PM
I've never been to Sonoma..........and it's doubtful I ever will. My problem with Sears Point (Infineon, Black Point, Sonoma, or whatever you choose to call it) is that it's a road course number one. And of the two road courses NASCAR runs each year, Sonoma is the most boring for me. Plus, it's the only track that I know of that the distance it measured in kilometers.........what's up with that? Sonoma is in California, not France and everywhere I drive in this state the distances are given in miles. :)
Sonoma is arguably the toughest track on the circuit. Winning at Sonoma definitely takes skill. I'd rate Darlington a very close second.

Plate races and hurricanes do share one thing in common.

They both blow.

dang EMP we agree again ! now i know there is somethin in the water

by the way i saw one of your kin on the side of the road on the way to work, sorry for your loss

Originally posted by DE_Wrangler_2@Apr 19 2004, 07:46 PM
Richmond is probably my favorite track. After saying that, it gets real hard to find a second most favorite........probably California since we go to that one! :D But, I like all the big tracks.....even Pocono. I can tell you my least favorite though........Sonoma.
I agree about Pocono,the superspeedway that drives like a road course,different degree banking in each of its 3 turns,gotta love that,the last 100 miles U end up holding Ur breath to see which teams will have engine/tranny troubles and etc.whew,it's a track unlike any other on the curcuit,I sure hope that NASCAR in its infinite? wisdom keeps both dates on the schedule! ;)

Originally posted by de7xwcc@Apr 20 2004, 07:01 AM
dang EMP we agree again ! now i know there is somethin in the water

by the way i saw one of your kin on the side of the road on the way to work, sorry for your loss
ROFLBO!!!! Add my condolances too EMP. LOL

Thank you all. You're too kind.

I get busy going to funerals every year about this time it seems. Wonder why that is?

So long Cousin Sadie Mae. We'll miss you.

Originally posted by RobbyG Fan@Apr 19 2004, 09:10 PM
Sonoma is arguably the toughest track on the circuit. Winning at Sonoma definitely takes skill.
Spoken like a true road course fan! :D :cheers:

Hype 'em all you want......you ain't convencing me. :)

Originally posted by RobbyG Fan+Apr 20 2004, 12:10 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RobbyG Fan @ Apr 20 2004, 12:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--DE_Wrangler_2@Apr 19 2004, 10:30 PM
I've never been to Sonoma..........and it's doubtful I ever will.&nbsp; My problem with Sears Point (Infineon, Black Point, Sonoma, or whatever you choose to call it) is that it's a road course number one.&nbsp; And of the two road courses NASCAR runs each year, Sonoma is the most boring for me.&nbsp; Plus, it's the only track that I know of that the distance it measured in kilometers.........what's up with that?&nbsp; Sonoma is in California, not France and everywhere I drive in this state the distances are given in miles. :)
Sonoma is arguably the toughest track on the circuit. Winning at Sonoma definitely takes skill. I'd rate Darlington a very close second. [/b][/quote]
Dang straight RobbyG Fan!!! :D

Back
Top Bottom