Old Chase threads

The chase being what it is now it's somewhat cool, but that lone race where all you need to do is be ahead of the other 3? A joke, of course.

Less credible and way more stressful. No reason some of the dominant players all season can potentially be knocked out of contention next week. 2 bad races is all it would take. Sh*tty..

Fishing.jpg

This Chase may make the championship more exciting, but it also makes the championship system less credible and more of a joke than ever.
This. It's kind of hard for something to be more exciting when the thing they're battling for means less. The championship is now 10x more diluted than it was in any previous Chase format.

they could keep it a little less in your face, but it does make the race more exciting to watch. every lap and every caution play a outcome on the advancement of the chase cars.

they could keep it a little less in your face, but it does make the race more exciting to watch. every lap and every caution play a outcome on the advancement of the chase cars.
Is really the same as most other sports when it comes to their version of the playoffs. It's the post season of NASCAR. Of course it's all about the Chase. How can it not be?

Is really the same as most other sports when it comes to their version of the playoffs. It's the post season of NASCAR. Of course it's all about the Chase. How can it not be?

The "in your face" part of it is kind of turning me off from this format though. I mean yes we get it, every little move, every little pass, every little wreck, every little pit stop affects the outcome of The Chase and who will advance. STOP BRINGING IT UP EVERY FIVE SECONDS! WE GET IT ALREADY!

The "in your face" part of it is kind of turning me off from this format though. I mean yes we get it, every little move, every little pass, every little wreck, every little pit stop affects the outcome of The Chase and who will advance. STOP BRINGING IT UP EVERY FIVE SECONDS! WE GET IT ALREADY!

It's not as simple as football, the last race it will get close.

It's not as simple as football, the last race it will get close.

Honestly, they just need to save all that stuff before the race, during the caution laps or after the race. During the race, they need to focus more on the actual race itself and less of the "Oh noes, Denny Hamlin blew his nose on lap 105, how will this affect his chase standing!? Oh there's an interesting battle for fifth going, but WE GOT THE CHASE TO HYPE UP!"

This Chase may make the championship more exciting, but it also makes the championship system less credible and more of a joke than ever.

I guess I don't agree anymore.

If we ended the college basketball season and gave the title to the team with the best season, (wait, that was every year of college football until now)... we'd miss out on March Madness.

This is the Fall Fiasco. I love it.

I could do with a little less mentioning of The Chase and more of the on-track commentary. Honestly, the commentary on The Chase every five seconds is what going to make me tune out for the rest of the season TBH.
What is this, your farewell speech? Farewell to the troops? Have a good trip.

in the other sports you have a whole city sometimes a whole state behind the team. just not the same in nascar. when the ravens won there super bowls the whole state was light up in purple. don't think you see that in nascar. They only started hyping the next game was toward the end of the 4th quarter after the pregame show.

I guess I don't agree anymore.

If we ended the college basketball season and gave the title to the team with the best season, (wait, that was every year of college football until now)... we'd miss out on March Madness.

This is the Fall Fiasco. I love it.
Yes, in college basketball. But this is not college basketball, and they need to quit treating it like it is.

Yes, in college basketball. But this is not college basketball, and they need to quit treating it like it is.

I understand the people who dislike the Chase. My favorite driver is Matt Kenseth. I should be the biggest hater of the Chase that there is. But check out the stands the last two weeks. I bet the ratings were up. Twitter was crazy, this site was crazy.

People care. People are passionate about the sport, the drivers, the controversy, the competition.

I'm all in.

I just want them to stop hyping it up so damn much. If the product is good, then it'll speak for itself. Just....let the product speak for itself instead of forcing us to accept that this is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I understand the people who dislike the Chase. My favorite driver is Matt Kenseth. I should be the biggest hater of the Chase that there is. But check out the stands the last two weeks. I bet the ratings were up. Twitter was crazy, this site was crazy.

People care. People are passionate about the sport, the drivers, the controversy, the competition.

I'm all in.

I wonder if Matt hates the chase or just the track at Phoenix :idunno:

Oh puleeze . Even the other inmates at the Seniors Home agree that Nascar will announce after Dover that " This was not an elimination round!" . The guy from Amazing Race was driving the pace car today for the luv a pete . Think about it !

There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all argument, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance. This principle is, contempt prior to examination.

The second race and there already are converts, and some who can't quit picking at every little thing(always). Turn the sound off and listen to the radio/web..but shad up will ya. Rather stick your lip out and whimper, then get off your donkey.

I could do with a little less mentioning of The Chase and more of the on-track commentary. Honestly, the commentary on The Chase every five seconds is what going to make me tune out for the rest of the season TBH.

Honestly, they just need to save all that stuff before the race, during the caution laps or after the race. During the race, they need to focus more on the actual race itself and less of the "Oh noes, Denny Hamlin blew his nose on lap 105, how will this affect his chase standing!? Oh there's an interesting battle for fifth going, but WE GOT THE CHASE TO HYPE UP!"

I just want them to stop hyping it up so damn much. If the product is good, then it'll speak for itself. Just....let the product speak for itself instead of forcing us to accept that this is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Not quite sure what it is you're trying to say . . .o_O

Honestly , the only problem that I have with Nascar is their constant attempts to fix what was never broken . The racing isn't the problem... never was . The racing has never been closer and never been better . The changing dynamics of the fan base , travel and accomodation pricing , the economy , and a dozen other factors are hurting all forms of racing . Adding a seventh inning stretch will do nothing to solve it .

This is actually better than I thought.. one wrong move can make or break someone because they dont have long to make up for it unless they can go win one... it'll be even better next week .. elimination #1.... not that my driver or his team have to worry about that :D

Not quite sure what it is you're trying to say . . .o_O
If he thought it was too much this race, just wait until the next race. 10 points separate last place with making it to the next round, and 6 drivers in that bracket. Newman and Kahne tied are in, Hamlin, Biffle, Busch and Almirola are within 10 points or less of both..wonder what they will do if there is a tie.

This is actually better than I thought.. one wrong move can make or break someone because they dont have long to make up for it unless they can go win one... it'll be even better next week .. elimination #1.... not that my driver or his team have to worry about that :D

That is a terrible formula.

This gimmicky format works for drivers that consistently win. It's all good when you're winning but simply having a good day doesn't cut it anymore which is why you see so many decent to good drivers struggle to keep up. Your guy is doing awesome this year but next year he could be on the outs by not winning enough.

This is too hit and miss for my liking.

Hell, Gordon won 3 races this year and even that is not a guaranteed. He could be out next week which would be such a joke.
Allmendinger obviously deserves a spot over Larson :sarcasm:

I'm enjoying the racing this year. The chase is even more of a joke and a entertainment gimmick this year than previous years.

Winning individual races is one constant that hasn't lost it's luster. The chase championship on the other hand is watered down.

This Chase format is amazing. I'll never understand anyone who doesn't like it. Y'all too hung up on the "regular season." Champions shine when it matters the most...playoffs baby!

Also, you guys are treating Miami like the Champ will finish 12th. Pfft. No chance. I bet one of the 4 wins the race. The entire field will be staying out of their way. Remember Tony Carl? They finished 1-2. Miami will probably see all 4 in the top 5-8. If not, it's cause they wrecked trying. Imagine if today were Miami. And the last four were Joey, Kez, Harvick, Gordon. I'd have no problem giving Joey a trophy. I just can't imagine getting down to the last four with a guy like Aric left. All four will likely be deserving.

This is a big boy format, fellas. Champions wear big boy pants. Win or go home. Isn't that why there's a finish line?

Winning individual races is one constant that hasn't lost it's luster. The chase championship on the other hand is watered down.
I wish. A week or two ago Jimmie said he'd rather win eight championships without winning another race rather than catch and pass guys like Gordon and Petty in wins but not win another title. Sad.

Back
Top Bottom