Old Chase threads

Limited access to the net for a week. It's great to finally get back on the forums to check out all of the new Hate the Chase threads. Lot's f new threads but the same ol' same ol'.

My guy got knocked out of this thing @ Tally but he was able to throw a wrench into the plans of at least eight drivers this past weekend.

Still liking what I'm watching. :cool:
I liked that win too :D

Limited access to the net for a week. It's great to finally get back on the forums to check out all of the new Hate the Chase threads. Lot's f new threads but the same ol' same ol'.

My guy got knocked out of this thing @ Tally but he was able to throw a wrench into the plans of at least eight drivers this past weekend.

Still liking what I'm watching. :cool:

dp --- were they waving all those anti chase protest signs at race end yesterday ? ha!

Attachments

• xxrotflmao[1].gif
    xxrotflmao[1].gif
    4.2 KB · Views: 137
  • xxrotflmao[1].gif
    xxrotflmao[1].gif
    4.2 KB · Views: 125
  • xxrotflmao[1].gif
    xxrotflmao[1].gif
    4.2 KB · Views: 125
  • xxrotflmao[1].gif
    xxrotflmao[1].gif
    4.2 KB · Views: 118
  • xxrotflmao[1].gif
    xxrotflmao[1].gif
    4.2 KB · Views: 128
  • xxrotflmao[1].gif
    xxrotflmao[1].gif
    4.2 KB · Views: 118
I know, just messing with you guys. I've been saying all along that people either really love or really hate this format. The feelings are strong in both directions.

you would think you would have shut up long time ago, you had three and now two Toyotas that wouldn't have a prayer in hell chance to be where they are right now if it was last year, hell, if it was any year for that matter.

you would think you would have shut up long time ago, you had three and now two Toyotas that wouldn't have a prayer in hell chance to be where they are right now if it was last year, hell, if it was any year for that matter.
Hey, if you like it, great. Enjoy. I'm glad two Toyotas are still alive, but as I've said all along, even if one of them wins the championship, it won't change my mind about this format.

read lotsa suggestions for changes.
laughed at this one at 1st.
might be doable tho ?

since all 43 cars continue ta race ......during 12---8 elimination rounds. ......what if eliminated driver got a "wildcard " 2nd chance ta enter chase again w/ a chase win .....after they've been eliminated ?
use jr's win last week as example .......he'd join points pool in current 3rd rd....w/ his 43 point win + 1 bonus.
might reduce points racin from driivers that think they are in good shape in chase for next round ?

certainly would keep fans interested in their driver thruout chase til final 4....even after elimination !

??

....just usin jr b/c of win .....could be jj....kk....dinger...etc----any of initial 16.

Could get confusing if drivers can be eliminated only temporarily. I can't imagine a significant change until after NBC gets a year or two in anyways.

HEY--why wasn't that rule implemented back in 2005 when Gordon won at Martinsville after missing the chase entirely? :cool:

This is precisely why we shouldn't have eliminations.

But if we're gonna have eliminations, let's do it right. Once you're eliminated, you're eliminated. No do-overs. No comebacks. No second chances. It's curtains for you. You're done. Finished. Dismissed. Kaput. Gone.

Curious..... Just where are all of the Jr. fans crying for new rules? Why is he attached to this subject at all?
The Jr. Fans at martinsville didn't seem to care about a championship. Seems they(all but maybe 10 in attendance) were pretty damned happy with "just" a win.
On a side note, I was glad he didn't pull over or let up in any way to help out his teammate. He's going after it, championship or not. I like it.

The Jr. Fans at martinsville didn't seem to care about a championship. Seems they(all but maybe 10 in attendance) were pretty damned happy with "just" a win.
On a side note, I was glad he didn't pull over or let up in any way to help out his teammate. He's going after it, championship or not. I like it.
Damn straight.

I just get tired of the generalizations of being a Jr. fan. Apparently I'm one of these people calling for changes to the Chase because of Jr's elimination. Nope, I like what I'm watching. He had his chance just like the others that are out. I'm also one of the ones that apparently gets up and leaves the track when Jr. has a bad day. Nope, bad days happen. There's still a race to watch. Crap like that gets old.

Damn straight.

I just get tired of the generalizations of being a Jr. fan. Apparently I'm one of these people calling for changes to the Chase because of Jr's elimination. Nope, I like what I'm watching. He had his chance just like the others that are out. I'm also one of the ones that apparently gets up and leaves the track when Jr. has a bad day. Nope, bad days happen. There's still a race to watch. Crap like that gets old.
I agree.
Also, I've haven't actually seen anybody leave yet due to Jr's bad day. Maybe some people really do but I haven't noticed the mass exodus when he wrecks or something bad happens.
He's just an easy target, I guess. He's out there making a living like the rest of em.

Of course France and the networks play up to their MPD...that's the business they're in. The only thing Bestwick likes more than a caution is saying "Junior" and he's not even the only Jr. on the track :XXROFL:

Curious..... Just where are all of the Jr. fans crying for new rules? Why is he attached to this subject at all?

I'm thinkin the same thing . You can substitute the name of every driver eliminated so far . Unless you really dislike Junior

Right, because people totally haven't complained about the chase for like a decade now because of JJ.
i didn't mean people like the chase. i was trying to say with Jr having a great year and thinking this could be his year and JJ being knocked out, that people have express more hatred than ever.

I like it, but you have to find a way to include not only Jr, but Danica and Gordon somehow. Just have a fan vote after each elimination. you know..like a "wild card" football deal.

Things I saw/heard from fans at Martinsville: Yeah, woohoo, :bounce::punkrocke:jamming::headbang::cheers::partytime:pbjtime::djspin::beerbang:

Things I didn't hear from fans at Martinsville: The new Chase sucks.

Back
Top Bottom