Old Chase threads

I love it. Seeing a big name like Denny Hamlin on the brink of elimination in the first round while AJ Allmendinger advances is like seeing a team like the Denver Broncos get bounced out of the NFL playoffs in a divisional by a team like Cleveland. Adds excitement.
From 11th on down next week, any of those can be eliminated, plenty of big names on the bubble, Kenseth, Hamlin, Newman, Biffle, Kahne, Kurt, and Edwards, all of them separated by only 12 points

From 11th on down next week, any of those can be eliminated, plenty of big names on the bubble, Kenseth, Hamlin, Newman, Biffle, Kahne, Kurt, and Edwards, all of them separated by only 12 points

From 3rd on down can be eliminated if they wreck on the first lap.

They are not necessary in stick n ball, they were invented and they work. Now that college I guess? has gone that route, I wonder when high school will, state champion won't be enough. Probably had a bunch like yourself that didn't want playoffs before you were involved, but go ahead carry the torch. :biggrin:
Wisconsin has like six divisions for high school sports now so they can hand out six "state championships" every year. Yay, everybody wins!

If Jr dont win the championship look for DP to have a change of attitude ;)

Don't call the cops bro', because I'm stealing that.
Looks good on ya. ;)

You're actually not really stealing anything, because you were the one that convinced me to adopt that mentality when the new championship rules were first announced. Before I heard you suggest just watching for the individual races, I was honestly ready to give up on NASCAR - and I know everybody likes to say that, but understand, I have never been one to think like that in over 20 years of watching it. I've always been the guy thinking "yeah, see you next week" whenever I hear other people say that BS.

Now I've been immortalized as a quote in your forum title. I truly am a great man, and you inspired me to become such. Thank you.

Pabst was just sold to the Russians and some people here in the Cream City are freaking out but like Miller was sold to the South Africans like 10 years ago so what's the dif.

Ladies and gentlemen....the 2014 Sprint Cup...
trophyblack.jpg

Looks good on ya. ;)

You're actually not really stealing anything, because you were the one that convinced me to adopt that mentality when the new championship rules were first announced. Before I heard you suggest just watching for the individual races, I was honestly ready to give up on NASCAR - and I know everybody likes to say that, but understand, I have never been one to think like that in over 20 years of watching it. I've always been the guy thinking "yeah, see you next week" whenever I hear other people say that BS.

Now I've been immortalized as a quote in your forum title. I truly am a great man, and you inspired me to become such. Thank you.

Thanks for the props, Gregory. :cheers:

Now where's sliced? I need to get rid of some of this butter you slid my way. ;)

Has anyone pointed out the fact that 8th through 16th in points are separated by 12 points? Thats pretty awesome coming to an elimination race :)

seems nfl is contemplating changing their champ format.
no more playoffs.
no more superbowl.
after all ......this is a man's game !
screw all that manufactured drama....excitement.....of post season play.

new format is just 20 game season ........team that scores most points during season = champ.

tv networks aren't happy.
fans aren't happy .
jeez ! i wonder why ?

Lotta mixt feelers about this Chase. I suppose that's good because we're talking about it but I don't think it's good for business. I'd rather see the fans united, pulling for their respective drivers than hashing out how they think the points should be tallied. :(

It is ironic that most of the complaints are coming from stick n baller cross overs..now it is bad for business?:D I don't hear or see anybody leavin

Back
Top Bottom