Old Chase threads

I happen to think he is and all his advisors are trying to make the racing more exciting, and in some areas they have..The car sure looks better, slammed down, laying on the ground...Even Toyotas look a bit better.:rolleyes:

Fox and NBC must have had some kind of vision for the future, otherwise they wouldn't have overpaid for the TV rights.

However, there must have also been a reason ESPN and TNT wanted out a year early.

fox /nbc needed long term live sports content for new nbcsn / fs1
espn / tnt didn't. + price too hi '15 forward.

nbcsn not ready for '14 espn / tnt cup schedule prolly ??

No crystal ball here either, just forming an analysis based off of available information.

may be whole dept's at nbc / fox.........in new careers.....if $$ gamble on nascar don't pay off. ! :D

If Almirola, Kurt B, Newman, Biffle, Allmendinger, Kahne, Edwards, or Matt wins this Championship I will point and laugh and the silliness of this point system will be obvious.
that's half of the only ones allowed, and just that it could happen is bad, but worse is the decision makers that came up with it, had to think it through, as much as they are capable and went with it. you can't outhink dumb

threads really degenerate IMO when they get to the future of Nascar, and we aren't talking about the racing. The chase architecture is doing what it was planned to do IMO and every race around here is like the week after Daytona or Talladega. When 4 of them get the axe next week, if one of the favorite more popular driver drops out..it will only get better. The haters will have even more ammunition which is great for them, they will be screwing themselves into the ground, swearing forever to not watch, but they won't quit watching. I think it is great, you guys don't ever quit. Racing is just different from stick n ball and some will never get it, we don't do the rah rah rah B.S. how bout them bears? we bitch about everything. Auto racing is so much more complicated. It will never be super popular. to be really into it,

may be whole dept's at nbc / fox.........in new careers.....if $$ gamble on nascar don't pay off. ! :D
I hope Fox and NBC do succeed with NASCAR in 2015 and beyond. I'm just saying NASCAR needs something to boost its TV ratings, and so far the new Chase format hasn't been it. When NASCAR rolled out the last Chase format in 2011, there was actually a bump in TV ratings over the prior year. We haven't seen that through the first 3/4 of this season though. I think this has certainly been the most polarizing of all the Chase formats, people either love it or hate it.

think about it. S-n-b sports they have a million penalties for different hits, and infractions, we had Brad and Carl, Kyle and Hornady, Kurt and Jimmy, Gordon and Boyer. on and on. nobody stopping them from doing what they do. Next week if we get somebody taking out one of the more popular chasers that has himself in the bucket, watch the fur fly around here.

If Hamlin gets knocked out next week, I'll be doing my best Carl back flip off the sofa. And if Allmendinger and Almirola slide into the next round, there will be hell to pay around here too.

@StandOnIt just call them ball sports. The hyphens are giving me a headache. Unneccesary amount of syllables too. :D

threads really degenerate IMO when they get to the future of Nascar, and we aren't talking about the racing. The chase architecture is doing what it was planned to do IMO and every race around here is like the week after Daytona or Talladega. When 4 of them get the axe next week, if one of the favorite more popular driver drops out..it will only get better. The haters will have even more ammunition which is great for them, they will be screwing themselves into the ground, swearing forever to not watch, but they won't quit watching. I think it is great, you guys don't ever quit. Racing is just different from stick n ball and some will never get it, we don't do the rah rah rah B.S. how bout them bears? we bitch about everything. Auto racing is so much more complicated. It will never be super popular. to be really into it,

yep......after homestead.....they'll be angry fans of 3 more driver's .....ta add to tha already 12 eliminated ones .......bitchin bout tha new chase...... til daytona '15 ...............despite 10 great excitin races in chase ( i'm hoping )

I hope Fox and NBC do succeed with NASCAR in 2015 and beyond. I'm just saying NASCAR needs something to boost its TV ratings, and so far the new Chase format hasn't been it. When NASCAR rolled out the last Chase format in 2011, there was actually a bump in TV ratings over the prior year. We haven't seen that through the first 3/4 of this season though. I think this has certainly been the most polarizing of all the Chase formats, people either love it or hate it.

only 2 outa 10 so far......hardly an indicator.
actually thought it'd be dega before bump.
may be dover tho. ? carl ...matt ...kurt....denny - in fight ta stay in !!
we'll see .

only 2 outa 10 so far......hardly an indicator.
actually thought it'd be dega before bump.
may be dover tho. ? carl ...matt ...kurt....denny - in fight ta stay in !!
we'll see .
28 out of 36 really....the win-and-you're-in from the regular season was part of this elaborate plan too.

@StandOnIt just call them ball sports. The hyphens are giving me a headache.
daym, I thought I was doing good with the shortened version..ah to tell the truth, I don't like much like ball sports the name or the game, gotten even worse since I signed on here having them crammed down my throat when I am in a racing forum. I think racing fans have the right to not have to screw with all that junk.and I don't go in one of the myriad of off topic(in my opinion) s-n-b threads and jack with their deal. Powers that be allow it, so I go with the flow, don't have a problem with folks who are both, just remember we all aren't that way, you got plenty of threads for that stuff.

28 out of 36 really....the win-and-you're-in from the regular season was part of this elaborate plan too.
what the heck are you going to do IF they average the season and over all the ratings are up? WTF difference does it make? up or down, your stock investment going up... what?

police+misconduct9.gif

what the heck are you going to do IF they average the season and over all the ratings are up? WTF difference does it make? up or down, your stock investment going up... what?
If they're up, great. I just don't think they're gonna be.

daym, I thought I was doing good with the shortened version..ah to tell the truth, I don't like much like ball sports the name or the game, gotten even worse since I signed on here having them crammed down my throat when I am in a racing forum. I think racing fans have the right to not have to screw with all that junk.and I don't go in one of the myriad of off topic(in my opinion) s-n-b threads and jack with their deal. Powers that be allow it, so I go with the flow, don't have a problem with folks who are both, just remember we all aren't that way, you got plenty of threads for that stuff.

Lol

"elimination reality " only hit home when denny...jeffie....kurt..... whacked wall last week ! :D

are you going to be watching next week or the hell with it?:D

Yeah I'll be watching.. I can't quit smoking cigarettes either..

TBH, I am not as excited as I have been. I might be losing interest. It's sad.

When you see as many or more negatives than positives with **** you love or once loved. Whether it's a woman, a career, a hobby, or whatever.. It's real sad...

AAAANNNYYYWAAYYYYSSS...

Was chasing ratings not part of the reasoning behind the new format?
heck if I know, I would say it is part of it..but not the important part. Making the racing Product is what I heard the Nascar people saying. They already had their TV contract money.

Yeah I'll be watching.. I can't quit smoking cigarettes either..

TBH, I am not as excited as I have been. I might be losing interest. It's sad.

When you see as many or more negatives than positives with **** you love or once loved. Whether it's a woman, a career, a hobby, or whatever.. It's real sad...

AAAANNNYYYWAAYYYYSSS...

Watch with one eye will ya.. Smoking? me neither, I went the E-cig route a couple years ago, working for me, the doc said last time, you quit smoking? I said yeah..he got all happy..no way was I going to tell him I was e-ciggin it. Don't want yet another lecture. but anyway, my lungs cleared up.

I'll probably be commiting to a vape pen soon. This **** is killin me!

I'll probably be commiting to a vape pen soon. This **** is killin me!
pm me when and if you decide to do it. You might want to go a different way than that. I have one that works off a puter port, and another for outings that have variable voltage and can also recharge your phone for less than the cost of a carton of name brands.

This would be easier to do if they didn't talk about it every second of every lap of every race. I've made it through about forty laps of the Chase so far before I have to turn it off.
It's difficult, but you just have to tune it out completely. You have to truly commit to the idea of not caring about the Chase, not just disliking it. It's apathy you're looking for, not hatred. You have to become the face: :mellow:

can't rate a book by it's cover ....plus 1st 2 chapters....outa 10 !
ah there are race fans and they're race fans, not putting anybody down, but since I was 12 and went to my first race, I have never even thought about turning off a race or leaving early when I went to one and I have been to hundreds. Never had a conflict with stick n ball, if I had a conflict with F-1, indycar, Nascar, or Tudor, F-1 would get the axe.

It's difficult, but you just have to tune it out completely. You have to truly commit to the idea of not caring about the Chase, not just disliking it. It's apathy you're looking for, not hatred. You have to become the face: :mellow:
Too bad there's not a stream with no announcers and nothing but ambient noise and radio communication. I found one for Le Mans earlier in the year - there's no better way to watch a race at home.

Back
Top Bottom