Old Chase threads

It's difficult, but you just have to tune it out completely. You have to truly commit to the idea of not caring about the Chase, not just disliking it. It's apathy you're looking for, not hatred. You have to become the face: :mellow:
That's kind of the approach I've taken. I'm not for certain who's on the bubble right now and to be honest, I really don't care. I'll just let NASCAR do the calculus for me over the next 7 races and see who's left at Homestead.

Good idea to not take this sheet too seriously, and I believe there are more changes coming IF drivers abuse the gizmo Nascar has created. There are big holes in this deal, one is after a team mate wins a race, who is to say that they don't lay back and give other team mates a chance to win. But on the other side, having favorites in jeopardy of not making the next level of eliminations adds interest. It's not all bad or all good IMO. It just is..season 2104.

The guys in the booth constantly talking about the chase implications hasn't bothered me - I actually haven't noticed. Plus, I'm interested in the chase implications - adds an extra layer and discussion point.

I'm generally ok with the booth. Adam Alexander is the only guy that really gets on my nerves, I wouldn't mind him gone.
That "new track record" crap is annoying too

Why dont you guys just mute the TV if you dislike the commentators so much? Turn the CC on and put MRN on in the background. Make car noises with your mouth if you must.

If some folks don't like something, they think it is their duty and given right to pick it to pieces (all for the good of the event of course o_O) Why they don't just go and do something else that they do enjoy instead of being constantly miserable is an unanswered riddle IMO. It leads me to believe that they enjoy being miserable and think others need it like they do. criticism is one thing, but chronic complaining about things that you can't change is another. Misery loves company and all that jazz.

One nice thing about being a racing fan, I don't have just one team to cheer for, I have a few favorites in the Chase. (I only support my local teams in the ball and stick sports and with the performance of MN teams I've devolved into a bandwagon fan).

Why dont you guys just mute the TV if you dislike the commentators so much? Turn the CC on and put MRN on in the background. Make car noises with your mouth if you must.
I have never really understood why fans have such a problem with tv these days with the technology of the mute button and fast forward in 4 different speeds. I guess as long as i understand the more important things in life then i will be ok.:D Actually, i'm just happy that i don't have to have someone hold on to the rabbit ears so that i can get a signal:).

Last edited:
One nice thing about being a racing fan, I don't have just one team to cheer for, I have a few favorites in the Chase. (I only support my local teams in the ball and stick sports and with the performance of MN teams I've devolved into a bandwagon fan).
yeah me two, I have so many drivers I like there will be at least one that makes it to the end. Rooting for the under dogs right now.

Haven't noticed much of a difference between networks in commentators. The scanner on the mobile app comes in handy sometimes, although I'd like to just listen to the cars as if I were at the track.

Believe me, all of us behind you thank you for waiting until you sat down.
Honestly, they really burnt me this year at the Daytona 500. I didn't really know how all that scanner stuff worked(I got the ones with a screen too) and my ignorance and the reps dishonesty screwed me out of a little money.

I'd probably actually like to be able to use the scanner that's just a scanner and not also a tv. I may give it another shot at Martinsville.

Honestly, they really burnt me this year at the Daytona 500. I didn't really know how all that scanner stuff worked(I got the ones with a screen too) and my ignorance and the reps dishonesty screwed me out of a little money.

I'd probably actually like to be able to use the scanner that's just a scanner and not also a tv. I may give it another shot at Martinsville.
Our scanners are probably pushing 20 years old now. They still work great. I'd be lost without one at the Cup race. Martinsville is a great scanner track. Lots of emotion there. We'll be there as well. In the South Terrace. Scanner in one hand and a Bud Light in the other. Can't wait.

Our scanners are probably pushing 20 years old now. They still work great. I'd be lost without one at the Cup race. Martinsville is a great scanner track. Lots of emotion there. We'll be there as well. In the South Terrace. Scanner in one hand and a Bud Light in the other. Can't wait.
I'll be in blueridge. I'll stand up and wave. You'll know me by the lack of appropriate attire.

I just wonder why Kyle "the first guy to be eliminated " Busch is looking better right now then his JGR team mates ? or did I mess up the math or sumpthin :idunno:

I just wonder why Kyle "the first guy to be eliminated " Busch is looking better right now then his JGR team mates ? or did I mess up the math or sumpthin :idunno:

skill and luck was involved, much like the 20, he was involved in a couple skirmishes that could have gone either way. You will say different of course. I would enjoy it while you can, his days are numbered. That boy has bad juju.:growl:

skill and luck was involved, much like the 20, he was involved in a couple skirmishes that could have gone either way. You will say different of course. I would enjoy it while you can, his days are numbered. That boy has bad juju.:growl:

It will be different this year, just watch

I think the heat is going to be raised up substantially this coming week. Should make for some exciting racing.

I'm really nervous for a lot of drivers. I can't imagine how they feel. We could possibly see a Championship contending team have a bad race and fail to advance.

:bleh:

Ah we'll see who makes the first cut. I think some of them need to go anyway, if you couldn't be 16th best to get in in the first place. Cutting it down to 12 numbers wise isn't much difference than the old style chase IMO. Big difference is that there are some top teams that are in jeopardy, and a couple of long shots that could make the top 12. I like that part. I wasn't that keen on having the top twelve hang around race after race last year with no hope of doing anything but riding around. Dega could be a different story with the win and you advance.

Despite my dislike for the chase I am really excited about watching Dover, even more excited to see the Phoenix race in person

So..... Everyone still hating on this new Chase thing or is anyone becoming a fan of what they're watching?

I don't need to know if a driver is still in or out of the chase until the race is over. That's just me of course, opinions will vary with the individual. All the hype by the commentators seemed to get in the way of their reporting of the race. I think that is going to happen again in the elimination races. If it carries over to the other ones, I'll go back to listening to MRN while I watch.

If they keep this crap up there won't be a TV deal and everyone'll be sitting around the radio, listening to the race :)

hold that thought for at least the next ten years. You should have it down to a science come the next TV contract renewal time:D

So..... Everyone still hating on this new Chase thing or is anyone becoming a fan of what they're watching?

Remains to be seen.

Last race, the 4 guys crash or have some sort of freak mechanical failure and the championship goes to the guy who's in 35th running 50 laps down while the other 3 are DNF.

This freak show of a format would be out the door the next day.

Back
Top Bottom