Race pics and experiences

Haven't had time to post this week. Saturday even though shorten was a really good day. As posted early I got Brendan Gaughan autograph and I had planed on trying to get Jeff Burton's autograph the next day but the xfinity race getting cancelled changed that. Other thing was I saw a Larson jacket that was 125 marked all the way down to 40 and I couldn't pass on it. It was spitting most of the day, and when they starting doing the pace laps it started to mist which didn't stop.

image.jpeg

Where I sat on Saturday

image.jpeg

Kyle's cup trophy (it does say Kyle Busch 2015 on it)

I don't have those nifty phones that take pictures, so I will just post words about my Martinsville trip this past weekend.

I was in Charlotte for the Dirt World Finals staying with my nephew and realized because of the schedule change this year NASCAR was running at Martinsville.

Sunday morning I left north Charlotte around 7:30 and got about two miles from the track and came to a complete stand still. Looked at the GPS and noticed a side road going around to the back of the track. Took it and five minutes later I was in the FREE parking lot.

Talked to some folks next to me in the lot and they had a few extra tickets that they always give away...FREE...Well thank you very much, I'll enjoy them.

Did the ten minute walk to the track and what is now a very small sponsor, vendor, souvenir area. That didn’t take too long, so I walked over to the fourth turn gate and watched as everyone left the drivers meeting. Other than Chocolate Myers and Coach Beamer, VT sponsored the Wood Brothers car this past weekend, all the other drivers and crew chiefs were to busy to sign autographs or talk to any fans. The golf carts they were riding in just beeped their little horn and blasted through the crowd. I didn’t care, but that it one of the things that has changed over the years. I remember one year walking outside turn four at Martinsville, and somebody comes up from behind me and says “how you doing today?” We walked about one hundred yards together and then he went into the infield. It was Michael Waltrip. Of course today, a driver would be “swarmed” in that situation.

I walked back to the truck to pick up a couple drinks and then into the track. As I was walking back to the track, some goof ball was leaving the track and waiving and yelling to everyone out of his car window. It was Kenny Wallace. Stopped to pick up a couple of the famous hotdogs which still sell for only two dollars. I sat in the second turn about fifteen rows up and could see most of the track. As for the race I’ll just say I have seen better short track races, but it was better than watching on TV. Kid Blaney didn’t have a great finish, the team just had some issues they had to deal with.

At least during the lengthy line up caution I was entertained by some fans who probably will not remember much of the race and were probably not very productive at work on Monday. I thank them for the entertainment, otherwise I would have been bi……. about NASCAR taking so long.

Jimmy won, so that kind of tells you how the racin was.

After the race, walked back to the truck and pulled out, fortunately I was right next to an open gate, and a few hours later I was back in Charlotte, having only spent money for gas and four bucks for a couple hot dogs for a five hundred lap NASCAR race at Martinsville.

Overall, it is a two thumbs up.

Hopefully you can get some great pics of Kyle Busch holding the trophy. :D[/QUOTE]
:mad::mad::mad:

Just got to work to find the SuperCars getting ready to bug out back to Australia after the weekend racing here.
868ffda9c74a986214d469b6838a5a57.jpg

8a7cbb044f059070433e62adacf11fb3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Wicked cars! Cool!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Hopefully you can get some great pics of Kyle Busch holding the trophy. :D[/QUOTE]
Will try to grab as many photos and video as I can...

I did this on Sunday morning...

Attach94516_20161106_122245.jpg

Let me just say right of the bat that this is a must do for all racing fans and for those that think our sport isn't a sport at all. As soon as we entered turn 1 of the first lap my first thought was "I have no idea how those guys do it." At those speeds, that close to one another...it's amazing they don't wreck every lap. Those corners are as tight as they look on TV when they're 3-wide. Just an unbelievable experience and it gave me a newfound respect for the sport and what these guys do after already having a ton.

View attachment 21581

Let me just say right of the bat that this is a must do for all racing fans and for those that think our sport isn't a sport at all. As soon as we entered turn 1 of the first lap my first thought was "I have no idea how those guys do it." At those speeds, that close to one another...it's amazing they don't wreck every lap. Those corners are as tight as they look on TV when they're 3-wide. Just an unbelievable experience and it gave me a newfound respect for the sport and what these guys do after already having a ton.
That's awesome. I'm planning on doing it at IMS in the Indycar soon. I want to do it in a cup car as well, just not sure what track. I'm thinking Bristol since it's close.

Also, I like the subtle Harvick to the #5 reference in the picture.

That's awesome. I'm planning on doing it at IMS in the Indycar soon. I want to do it in a cup car as well, just not sure what track. I'm thinking Bristol since it's close.

Also, I like the subtle Harvick to the #5 reference in the picture.
Haha. I was kinda bummed about the car. They have a #24 DTEH car I was looking forward to riding in but I guess it was giving them mechanical issues so they had it parked. All good though.

View attachment 21581

I did that at Charlotte for my 50th birthday --- my husband swore I did not touch the ground when I got out of the car. I LOVED !T!

Friday started early. Got a pic from outside the track before we headed down to pit road. Found the #2 team (more to come) and one shot down pit road looking at rattlesnake hill.

Attachments

• 100_0001.JPG
    100_0001.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 275
  • 100_0017.JPG
    100_0017.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 270
  • 100_0018.JPG
    100_0018.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 267
So my wife and I were actually hanging in the #1's pit stall but the #2 team was right next door. I was taking a pic of BK right after he got out of the car from qualifying and finally Chip Gnassi gave me a smile. He was talking to the blonde in the white the whole time who wouldn't get out of the way! Once Jamie McMurray was done qualifying, Chip started walking down pit road and I got him to sign my hat! (my wife has that on a different camera right now.) Anyway, fun day on pit road during qualifying.

Attachments

• 100_0041.JPG
    100_0041.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 262
  • 100_0013.JPG
    100_0013.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 248
Blurry shot of Michael McDowell. We were walking past one another and so I just snapped a quick one while someone else was taking his pic. Nice guy.

Another blurry shot of BK. Not my best camera but fits in my pocket like a cell phone, takes video, and is waterproof.

And the Bif walked right past us and stopped to take a few pics with fans and ended up talking to the blonde that wouldnt get out of the way. The Bif seemed nice and in good spirits. He must already know that he is going to JTGD. haha jk

Attachments

• 100_0029.JPG
    100_0029.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 276
  • 100_0043.JPG
    100_0043.JPG
    997.2 KB · Views: 264
  • 100_0049.JPG
    100_0049.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 281
A few cars I could get good shots of.
Finally got one of Jamie McMurray in his car!
Paul Menard looks happy!
42 in his stall with the 3 going by.

Attachments

• 100_0054.JPG
    100_0054.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 278
  • 100_0025.JPG
    100_0025.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 285
  • 100_0032.JPG
    100_0032.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 276
The 22 and 41 driving by.
And some love to the Danica folks.

Attachments

• 100_0033.JPG
    100_0033.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 293
  • 100_0035.JPG
    100_0035.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 283
  • 100_0031.JPG
    100_0031.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 266
  • 100_0023.JPG
    100_0023.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 276
Ok so last story. My wife is the tall attractive kind so she fits in with all the wife/gf looking types where ever we go. Why she married me, I don't know. Anyway, she is a fan of the 19 and bought a new tank top for the weekend. Well sure enough she walks right through security without any question, stands right in front of the fan barrier, and gets a hug from cousin Carl. I was on the other side of the gate just watching everything unfold because I knew what was about to happen. haha. He walked up and she yelled out "Cousin Carl"! lol and he just laughed and she took a selfie with him. Then he gave her a hug and all the girls behind the barrier said, "awww I didn't get a hug!" lol.
Anyway, this is the shot right before all of that went down. You can see Carl in his yellow firesuite and my wife is the tall blonde in the orange tank top right in front of the fan barrier, blue and white dale jr hat on. Notice all the security around, and they couldn't care less.

One more pick of the 19 team on pit road.

Attachments

• 100_0058.JPG
    100_0058.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 354
  • 100_0010.JPG
    100_0010.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 483
Nascar team trucks just started coming down Florida's Turnpike, from my backyard just saw Denny Hamlin and Kyle's trucks go by on their way to Homestead... (FedEx, M&Ms). Quite a how watching them go by along the day...

Reactions: Pat
Phoenix to Homestead in 36 hours. Guess I shouldn't be shocked.
Yeah, odd...unless they have more than 1 rigg? Or are they xfinity, trucks series? (They finished earlier so I assume they leave earlier too) From my room I jut saw the sponsor so I associated it with those drivers... I have seen Penske riggs come down many times during the year, I guess mainly for testing or such... the bulk of the teams should be coming down today and tomorrow, although it must be very cramped at the track, hosting all 3 series finales, many team trucks, crews and fans down there...

Many teams have multiple rigs from what I've noticed the past few years I think. I drove by a Harvick & Bayne hauler an hour or two after the race leaving the track.

Many teams have multiple rigs from what I've noticed the past few years I think. I drove by a Harvick & Bayne hauler an hour or two after the race leaving the track.
From what I have read in other sites, many times when they go to a track that is different from the previous one, many haulers go to their HQ to restock the rigg with parts, tools and stuff appropriate for the next track and then head back out, but have grown very efficient moving from place to place...

From what I have read in other sites, many times when they go to a track that is different from the previous one, many haulers go to their HQ to restock the rigg with parts, tools and stuff appropriate for the next track and then head back out, but have grown very efficient moving from place to place...

999769e7e74caf32c5c2cb809112aa89.jpg

Right by my house, at the Bass Pro Shops in Miami's Dolphin Mall, will try to make it...

My kids told.me that they saw 4 rigs coming down the turnpike on their way back from school...can't wait for the weekend!!! Woohoo!

My kids told.me that they saw 4 rigs coming down the turnpike on their way back from school...can't wait for the weekend!!! Woohoo!

54916c1f4672f2b6f3000c92687ae529.jpg
d001235b34ddb40b9e1baa394230244b.jpg
c6a3202cee638c75a5e1ed8cb3a6ce9a.jpg
5551ab46c8d6266c7d86b4db0e9a71c9.jpg
7d54c8952061837cda491ca430f92c3b.jpg

We just got to Bass Pro Shops, it was empty! And there was Martin Truex Jr alone, we chatted with him for a while, took photos, autograph and left, cool guy, nice chatting with him!

We just got to Bass Pro Shops, it was empty! And there was Martin Truex Jr alone, we chatted with him for a while, took photos, autograph and left, cool guy, nice chatting with him!

Awesome!

Was Sherry around? I think it would be cool to meet her since she seems to be such an influence on Truex.

Very nice! You scored. :cool:

Here is my vintage 2004 Chance 2 hat. :) A little dusty I see. :rolleyes:
MT005.JPG

Back
Top Bottom