Radioactive 2016

howdy-doody.jpg

The nick name thing. The elder grand-offspring could be referred to as "Marshal Dillon" with the hat 'n all.

Just a thought.......

Prolly gonna keep goin' with just Austin Dillon. Says it all, (expletive) y'all.......

I don't pay much attention to these guys.

Overheating or other problems?

All I know is that Austin Dillon has had brake problems in at least two other races maybe three. It was an issue that was brought up a couple of weeks ago. Now it's happening again. Maybe his crew just hates him that much that they are trying to sabotage it?

I know on the local level if you have brake issues you work all week to make damn sure you solve them. I can't imagine with the team as big as RCR that this should be an ongoing problem.

If my butt was in that seat I would be at the shop every day watching and helping to make sure that it didn't happen again!!!

VERY POSSIBLE!!! I am not trying to be in Austin Dillon fan in anyway shape or form but he has had an OK career up to this point without the brake issue as far as I know.

Man, Truex's spotter is hilarious
If I read this post to my wife, she'd create an account on here just to respond to it and rip him to shreds, lol. We know him well. Been out on the town with him a million times...and I personally love him. But he's very much in the "a woman's place is in the kitchen and bedroom" camp. With him, a waitresses' name is "honey" or "baby doll" and it's not weird to ask any woman to turn completely around in front of him just so he can get a good look at her full offerings. He's "that guy." I actually like that about him just because it adds to his "persona" and creates somewhat of a caricature for me. My wife, on the other hand, has almost legitimately flattened him at a bar dozens of times. She's at least 50 IQ points higher than him, though...so instead of hitting him, she starts spinning his thoughts into circles, which is equally hysterical. (I do think deep down she's cool with him for the same reasons I am.)

BTW his name is Clayton Hughes, and yes, he is hilarious. He's got incredible stories. If anyone ever gets a chance to meet him, just ask him to start talking about his past. It'll be time well spent.

If I read this post to my wife, she'd create an account on here just to respond to it and rip him to shreds, lol. We know him well. Been out on the town with him a million times...and I personally love him. But he's very much in the "a woman's place is in the kitchen and bedroom" camp. With him, a waitresses' name is "honey" or "baby doll" and it's not weird to ask any woman to turn completely around in front of him just so he can get a good look at her full offerings. He's "that guy." I actually like that about him just because it adds to his "persona" and creates somewhat of a caricature for me. My wife, on the other hand, has almost legitimately flattened him at a bar dozens of times. She's at least 50 IQ points higher than him, though...so instead of hitting him, she starts spinning his thoughts into circles, which is equally hysterical. (I do think deep down she's cool with him for the same reasons I am.)

BTW his name is Clayton Hughes, and yes, he is hilarious. He's got incredible stories. If anyone ever gets a chance to meet him, just ask him to start talking about his past. It'll be time well spent.

I wont ask what his opinion on Danica is....

We get a bonus edition of radioactive this week! Groundhog style!

Reactions: sdj
Definitely heat of the moment type of thing, but that word choice though Clint.

I wonder if they are going to play that back for the bosses... It would not be a great look on him moving forward.

We get a bonus edition of radioactive this week! Groundhog style!

LOL. An excellent example of why Race Hub is more fun, and gets better ratings, than NBCSN's Nascar America.

Definitely heat of the moment type of thing, but that word choice though Clint.

I wonder if they are going to play that back for the bosses... It would not be a great look on him moving forward.
Im sure they all know....

Can they bring the ground hog to every track?

Pit the drivers against the GH?
The driver that brings in Digger gets the pole.

Anyone one that gets bit by the GH gets the Lucky Hog. Get it?

Cept at Homestead they use a gator.
Easier to catch but harder to keep in the bucket.

In Kentucky it will have to be a chicken.
Eat em up.
Eat em up.
Yum yum yum!

Texas, a rattlesnake

No diggers were harmed in the making of this race.

Can they bring the ground hog to every track?

Pit the drivers against the GH?
The driver that brings in Digger gets the pole.

Anyone one that gets bit by the GH gets the Lucky Hog. Get it?

Hopefully, no one in NASCAR's decision making brain trust will see this and adds it to the list of potential gimmicks.

I'm gonna look for a Digger jacket like that on ebay. I know they are prized possessions so might be hard to find.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...-stewart-haas-racing-interview-2016/85886024/

Q: How often do you talk inside the car without hitting the radio button?

A: Never. It’s too easy to hit a button. And if you ever listen to my radio, you’d understand that. But it’s not fair! That’s our pop-off valve. Honestly, most of the time you’re talking to yourself. Sometimes the crew will say, “What did you just say?” I’ll say, “I’m just talking out loud, damn it! Get in my world here.” You use that as a tool to relay the information, but at the end of the day, that’s your only source of entertainment in the car. Luckily for me, I have a funny spotter (Brett Griffin) who is the same way I am. Together, we’re pretty dangerous on the radio.

I think Radioactive confirmed many of our suspicions about this race. After Denny got into tony to pass him all the spotters knew that Tony wouldn't take that lying down and was going to win. Heck, so did Denny. If he doesn't go wide everyone expected tony to punt him into the wall.

I think Radioactive confirmed many of our suspicions about this race. After Denny got into tony to pass him all the spotters knew that Tony wouldn't take that lying down and was going to win. Heck, so did Denny. If he doesn't go wide everyone expected tony to punt him into the wall.

thanks for posting. I love the shot of denny. Hes REAL dejected he let tony have a chance, so tin foil hat guys can bite it

I guess driver #22 is pi$$ed at his teammate for side drafting on his left quarter panel early in the race. Can't really blame him, IMO. However, I'm pretty sure there was no contact between the two.

Patrick says she hates Bowyer. :lol2: I gotta say I'm starting to dislike him as well. And she never touched him, he lost it when she passed him on the outside. They're gonna make great teamates next year.:lol2:

I'm not moved to sympathy by the drivers whining about the track and the difficulty of the low downforce cars on it. If you can't drive that thing, let's find a driver who can. As the team 11 spotter said in a calm voice, "10-4, same for everybody."

I'm not moved to sympathy by the drivers whining about the track and the difficulty of the low downforce cars on it. If you can't drive that thing, let's find a driver who can. As the team 11 spotter said in a calm voice, "10-4, same for everybody."
I thought that it was part of the idea with the low downforce cars was to put more of the driver into equation.

I thought that it was part of the idea with the low downforce cars was to put more of the driver into equation.
Exactly right. However, doing so will benefit some drivers and be detrimental to others. Inevitably, that has to happen (after an initial period of the engineers and teams adjusting their set ups to optimize for the new rules). Assuming Nascar's "low downforce era" lasts for a while, it will increase the success of some drivers, reduce the success of some others, and shorten the careers of still others. The question is, which drivers are in which groups?

Back
Top Bottom