Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Good article.

Two of my favorite drivers would be good candidates for the logic in this article. Dave Blaney and Ted Musgrave raced a combined 778 races in the cup series with no wins. It would have been so cool to see these drivers have at least one win as both of them were so close to getting a couple.

Two of my favorite drivers would be good candidates for the logic in this article. Dave Blaney and Ted Musgrave raced a combined 778 races in the cup series with no wins. It would have been so cool to see these drivers have at least one win as both of them were so close to getting a couple.
Yeah, the ratio/percentage of drivers that competed compared to winning a race was a surprise to me. I thought it would be much higher.

Yeah, the ratio/percentage of drivers that competed compared to winning a race was a surprise to me. I thought it would be much higher.
So much more turnover in the early days of the sport. Local guys starting just a handful of races brings it down.

So much more turnover in the early days of the sport. Local guys starting just a handful of races brings it down.
That's some of it I bet. Nascar has tried to even the playing field almost from the start of the series. The super large fields were pretty much over in the 60's.

That's some of it I bet. Nascar has tried to even the playing field almost from the start of the series. The super large fields were pretty much over in the 60's.
Taking a random sample 1961 has over 150 drivers listed in the standings

1994 has 83

64 in 2023

Agreed. Those two, along with Rick Mast and Dick Trickle (plus a handful of others) are always in the "best driver to never win a Cup race" conversation

I retired from Electric Boat, Groton in '21 after 30 + years. Newport News & Groton combined are delivering more than 1.3 boats per year. The new Columbia class is being constructed as we speak, and they are impressive. Groton & Quonset are the sole builders of that class, along with the Virginia class. Newport News handles the Virginia, and other Countries boats. along with carriers and various other boats. Keep in mind it takes in excess of 5+ years to build each boat. With 2 yards building these units, I'd say we're doing ok...
Colby has an impressive resume, but it's all bookworm . I'm sure I know a little more about Submarines than he does.

Back
Top Bottom