MFW: Mini-Modified or Mod-Lite is a thing. :D
MFW: They don't really run in my area. :(

First thing on Jr's list for Chicago

Say hello to Sue.

BxQ5VdfIYAATTOK.jpg

Dale Earnhardt Jr.
What an overwhelming sight. #Sue

Interesting read about Sue the T-Rex.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sue_(dinosaur)

Old gal had a hard life.

BxQ_OA9IUAAl9Xu.jpg

That's a whole lot of teeth. Wouldn't like that chasing me.

A little off topic, but this reminds me of a book series that I read called The Dresden Files. It's a book series about a wizard who's a private eye in Chicago. In one of the books, Dresden is hunting down necromancers, people who use magic to raise and control the dead. Anyways, in the final battle between the White Council of Wizards and the Necromancers, Dresdens gets the idea to reanimate....Sue the T-Rex. It was awesome.

A little off topic, but this reminds me of a book series that I read called The Dresden Files. It's a book series about a wizard who's a private eye in Chicago. In one of the books, Dresden is hunting down necromancers, people who use magic to raise and control the dead. Anyways, in the final battle between the White Council of Wizards and the Necromancers, Dresdens gets the idea to reanimate....Sue the T-Rex. It was awesome.
Syfy made a movie like that...
1_zps0a81fadc.jpg

does the book series explain why, with all those awesome powers, Dresden has such a crappy job?

Darian Grubb returns to the track: Darian Gubbb, crew chief for #11-Denny Hamlin, returned to the track Friday at Chicagoland Speedway after serving a 6 week suspension handed down by NASCAR following the race at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. He met with the media at Chicago and discussed the penalty and plans for next year:
Do you know what happened in Indy that took you away from the race track for six races?
"The same parts that have been in there, it was actually new parts that week on our car. It was a nut plate that is used as an aircraft fastener and it didn't have enough torque on it and backed off and came loose. It's something that we've taken out of the cars and have never seen again and never seen before. It's a 27 cent part that came loose, wasn't torqued correctly."
Was it intentional or a gray area?
"No, not a gray area, not anything intentional. There's not any real performance gain there. Everybody in the garage uses those same covers and they came loose the week they shouldn't have."
Did anything become clearer over the last six weeks? [In regards to plans for next year]:
"No, we're still working on a lot of things and concentrating on winning a championship for Joe Gibbs Racing in the FedEx Toyota right now."(Toyota PR)(9-13-2014)

""The same parts that have been in there, it was actually new parts that week on our car."

Oops! Darian almost screwed up the cover story.

Back
Top Bottom