Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

BxkFg5SIgAAgtz6.jpg:large

"And then I was like pew pew, gotcha ducks!"
"Kasey, for the last time, I don't want to know how your Nintendo Duck Hunt Tournament went last night. I'm trying to focus on Chicagoland. I mean some of us have an actual chance of winning the Championship."
"Rainbow Warrior."
"Shut up! I was young and stupid!"

"And then I was like pew pew, gotcha ducks!"
"Kasey, for the last time, I don't want to know how your Nintendo Duck Hunt Tournament went last night. I'm trying to focus on Chicagoland. I mean some of us have an actual chance of winning the Championship."
"Rainbow Warrior."
"Shut up! I was young and stupid!"

Kasey Edwards? :confused:

Thinking about Harvick for a second............

I wonder how Harvick and Dale would've worked together, especially if Childress had still hired Robby Gordon for the 2002 season. An Earnhardt/Harvick/R. Gordon team seems like it would've been a disaster.

Six-time champ Jimmie Johnson turns 39 today. Richard Petty won his seventh title at 42. Dale Earnhardt won his seventh at 43.

Bob Dillner has been let go by FOX, and it sounds like there could be more to be released in the near future.

Sterling Marlin races on despite Parkinsonism

Among former NASCAR driver Sterling Marlin's many friends in auto racing circles is a man whose nickname is Shaky. Shaky has Parkinson's disease.

"I was in my motorhome at the track one time, and Shaky came in," Marlin told USA TODAY Sports. "I was eating a bologna sandwich, and I asked him if he wanted one. I fixed it and handed it to him. He sat there holding it with his hands shaking and moving back and forth, and he was trying to grab the bologna with his mouth. I said, 'Shaky, it looks like you're having some trouble.' "

Years later, Marlin has a much clearer understanding of Shaky's dilemma. Two years ago, Marlin was diagnosed with Parkinsonism, a degenerative nerve disorder similar to Parkinson's. His right hand shakes involuntarily, and he has a slight limp in his right leg.

from here

JGR sponsorship announcement coming up this morning @ 11am

Parked in the parking lot..... I wonder what the announcement might be?

BxvhdcVIYAAFC_R.jpg:large

JGR - DeWalt to be primary for Matt Kenseth for 6 races in '15; Stanley will be primary for Carl Edwards for 12 races.

Bxvlh1cCEAA4leN.jpg:large

Two Truck races and two NNS races and he's ready for Cup :confused:

• Corey LaJoie to make Cup debut at New Hampshire:Corey Lajoie will make his NASCAR Sprint Cup debut this weekend at New Hampshire Motor Speedway for Randy Humphrey Racing. LaJoie's debut will come less than a week before his 23rd birthday. It marks the first time in a Cup car for the son of two-time Nationwide champions Randy LaJoie. With 43 cars entered at New Hampshire, Corey LaJoie is guaranteed a starting spot. LaJoie is a development driver for Richard Petty Motorsports but the team has not found sponsorship to run him. LaJoie has run one Nationwide race this season, placing 21st at Kentucky, and twice in the Camping World Truck Series, finishing 15th at Kentucky and 10th at Bristol. LaJoie is unsure of his plans beyond this week. If things go well, he could be in line for rides with Randy Humphrey Racing at Kansas, Charlotte and Texas. He's also looking for possible Nationwide rides at Kansas and Charlotte. "It does seem like some things are opening up," LaJoie said of other rides. "Maybe this RHR deal will grow up to something bigger. If I get a good solid run ... and bring it home in one piece who knows what will happen."(Motor Racing Network)(9-17-2017)

Two Truck races and two NNS races and he's ready for Cup :confused:

• Corey LaJoie to make Cup debut at New Hampshire:Corey Lajoie will make his NASCAR Sprint Cup debut this weekend at New Hampshire Motor Speedway for Randy Humphrey Racing. LaJoie's debut will come less than a week before his 23rd birthday. It marks the first time in a Cup car for the son of two-time Nationwide champions Randy LaJoie. With 43 cars entered at New Hampshire, Corey LaJoie is guaranteed a starting spot. LaJoie is a development driver for Richard Petty Motorsports but the team has not found sponsorship to run him. LaJoie has run one Nationwide race this season, placing 21st at Kentucky, and twice in the Camping World Truck Series, finishing 15th at Kentucky and 10th at Bristol. LaJoie is unsure of his plans beyond this week. If things go well, he could be in line for rides with Randy Humphrey Racing at Kansas, Charlotte and Texas. He's also looking for possible Nationwide rides at Kansas and Charlotte. "It does seem like some things are opening up," LaJoie said of other rides. "Maybe this RHR deal will grow up to something bigger. If I get a good solid run ... and bring it home in one piece who knows what will happen."(Motor Racing Network)(9-17-2017)
Too bad RPM still can't put him in a Nationwide car. The suspension probably hurt his marketability.

JR Motorsports late model driver Josh Berry will run the NASCAR Nationwide Series race at season finale at Homestead.

The first race of the Chase wasn't exactly a TV ratings bonanza.....a 2.3 rating with 3.7 million viewers. That's up from last year, however last year's Chicagoland race was rain delayed.

The first race of the Chase wasn't exactly a TV ratings bonanza.....a 2.3 rating with 3.7 million viewers. That's up from last year, however last year's Chicagoland race was rain delayed.
so far the new gizmo isn't having the desired result..back to the drawing board, chase version 6?

I wouldn't doubt it. The ratings for the elim races may be higher, but Race# 1 probably didn't produce the result Brian had in mind.
The coverage was better I thought, commercial interruptions were less, back to ages ago levels. Maybe because Indycar with split picture commercials ratings have skyrocketed and fans were raising hell. That's pretty much my only bitch, hard for would be fans to watch if 40% of the race is covered up with commercials.

Back
Top Bottom