Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

A little Throwback Thursday.....

B1wV67LCQAAY9Fd.jpg:large

In other news, Cole Whitt & his car are parked on campus. Shouldnt he be in Phoenix??

Look at how OPEN that car is. I can't even imagine doing 500 miles at high speed with that little protection.

How true, but, a lot of good drivers died horrible deaths in those style race cars. Ned quit after Fireball Roberts death. I heard Ned on an interview tell the story of seeing Fireball climb out of the car on fire, gave me chills.

PS: for those that do not know it, Roberts got the nickname Fireball, not from racing, but from pitching baseball, the nickname just carried over into racing.

Look at how OPEN that car is. I can't even imagine doing 500 miles at high speed with that little protection.

That's not open. The convertible division was OPEN.

Marty Smith
You wanna rewrite your bad day? Hang out with a couple Marines who got blown up in AFG. You realize quick you ain’t s—.
Whenever things at work aren't going well, I remind myself no one is shooting at me; I'm going to sleep tonight in a bed under a roof with my wife and dog, and not alone in a cot, bag, or hole in the dirt; and the hot meal of my choice won't have come out of a pouch.

Kinda puts things in perspective.

Kyle Buach after NW race..

“Pretty pathetic NASCAR throws these Kyle Busch cautions,’’ Busch said after the race. “It’s old and aggravating for us in this Nationwide Series, but, hey, it’s their prerogative, it’s their series and they get to do what they want to. I’ve just got to settle for second and miss our opportunity on an owner’s championship this year.’’

:XXROFL:

The guy has won a dozen races because of that kind of caution. One goes the other way, and he cries conspiracy. Same old, same old.

Kyle Buach after NW race..

“Pretty pathetic NASCAR throws these Kyle Busch cautions,’’ Busch said after the race. “It’s old and aggravating for us in this Nationwide Series, but, hey, it’s their prerogative, it’s their series and they get to do what they want to. I’ve just got to settle for second and miss our opportunity on an owner’s championship this year.’’

:XXROFL:

The guy has won a dozen races because of that kind of caution. One goes the other way, and he cries conspiracy. Same old, same old.
i think because of his actions past and present, that a lot of people went Ha Ha when Brad passed him, but i still think the caution right before the white flag was BS.

i think because of his actions past and present, that a lot of people went Ha Ha when Brad passed him, but i still think the caution right before the white flag was BS.

It was. It wasn't the first time either. It used to be REAL bad.

It was. It wasn't the first time either. It used to be REAL bad.
you're right about that....but this race was over, youngest champion, a tighter owners championship, nothing happening, everybody had accepted the outcome to be. like you said it wasn't the 1st time. just can't get my head around it..:idunno:

dpk requested it be unpinned. I'll put it back after Homestead and the Chase are over.
It's getting too populated up there in the sticky section at the moment. And, yes, I'd like to see it get back up there after Homestead but the Great Chase Debate of 2014 will probably go on for some time to come.

It's getting too populated up there in the sticky section at the moment. And, yes, I'd like to see it get back up there after Homestead but the Great Chase Debate of 2014 will probably go on for some time to come.

It does get rather tiring, doesn't it?

Here's something for that broken record

Blue_Milk_Crate.jpg

Wow... @dpkimmel2001 ... look what the chase has done... Not even enough room in the stickys for this thread anymore... it's a sad day for the sport lol
No, no. TRL didn't take it out. I asked her to remove it because of the complaints that started coming in about the number of threads up there. I'd love to see it get back to the way it used to be with only the TV Links, NASCAR Trivia and Random Thread but from time to time hot topics tend to take over all threads that get posted. It sucks when that happens and sticky's become the result.

No, no. TRL didn't take it out. I asked her to remove it because of the complaints that started coming in about the number of threads up there. I'd love to see it get back to the way it used to be with only the TV Links, NASCAR Trivia and Random Thread but from time to time hot topics tend to take over all threads that get posted. It sucks when that happens and sticky's become the result.
Hopefully by Daytona it'll be died down a bit

Back
Top Bottom