Random NASCAR Stuff to talk about.....

Final TV rating for Homestead was a 3.1 with 5.223M viewers. Rating is flat to last years race, but viewership was up about 2% from the 2013 Homestead race, which drew 5.119M viewers.

Further proof winter sucks.....

10818032_1571932549709519_1741514542_n.jpg

Stewart-Haas Racing Names Rex Stump Technical Director

Replaces Matt Borland, who has primarily F1 role.

Nov. 19, 2014​

KANNAPOLIS, N.C. – Stewart-Haas Racing, the championship-winning NASCAR Sprint Cup Series team, has hired Rex Stump as its technical director, effective immediately.

Stump comes to Stewart-Haas Racing after an 18-year career at Hendrick Motorsports. There, he founded the organization’s research and development program and has been instrumental in chassis design and technology.

“Rex brings a tremendous amount of knowledge and innovation to Stewart-Haas Racing,” said Greg Zipadelli, vice president of competition, Stewart-Haas Racing. “You can never sit still in this business, and Rex’s record of success will help us stay ahead of the curve.”

“Hendrick Motorsports provided me a lot of opportunities to succeed and I wouldn’t be in this position if it weren’t for Rick Hendrick, Ray Evernham and all the talented people I’ve worked with the last 18 years,” Stump said. “I’m proud of my time there, but I’m looking forward to my new role at Stewart-Haas. This is a team that’s accomplished a lot in a very short period of time. There’s a championship to defend and races to win. I’m ready to go.”

from here

Huge addition for SHR, should pay big dividends for them. I wonder why he decided to leave HMS after all these years.

Huge addition for SHR, should pay big dividends for them. I wonder why he decided to leave HMS after all these years.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

NASCAR penalizes Ricky Stenhouse Jr.'s team for Homestead infraction

NASCAR has penalized the No. 17 Roush Fenway Racing team of Ricky Stenhouse Jr. but won't take points away for infractions discovered in prequalifying inspection for last Sunday's Ford EcoBoost 400 at Homestead-Miami Speedway.

The punishment, handed down Thursday afternoon, constitutes a P3 level penalty on NASCAR's six-tier penalty deterrence system and comes after NASCAR officials confiscated the No. 17 car's rear-end suspension parts and took them back to the NASCAR R&D Center in Concord, N.C., this week for further evaluation.

According to an official release from NASCAR, the issues found on Stenhouse's Homestead car violated the following sections of the NASCAR rule book:

12-1 -- Actions detrimental to stock car racing;

20-12 -- Suspension: All front end and rear suspension mounts and mounting hardware must not allow movement or realignment of any suspension/drive line component beyond normal rotation or suspension/drive line travel.

As a result of the violations, crew chief Mike Kelley has been fined $50,000 and placed on NASCAR probation for six months starting Jan. 1, 2015 through June 30, 2015. Additionally, car chief Patrick Magee has also been placed on NASCAR probation for six months starting Jan. 1, 2015 through June 30, 2015.

Stenhouse, who was thought to possibly be in line for a much stiffer penalty, will get to hold on to his 27th-place finishing position in the final Sprint Cup standings, where he ended up one position ahead of girlfriend and Stewart-Haas Racing driver Danica Patrick in his second season.

from here

You know, they never did reveal why they called Chad and Johnson to the NASCAR trailer.

Here's a random question:

What is going on with Ryan Truex? He supposedly has a developmental deal with Richard Petty Motorsports but was loaned out to BK Racing this year. What's RPM going to do with him next year?

Back
Top Bottom